read the sticky

> read the sticky
> lurked for weeks
Where do I go from here? I just wanna out of retardcore and into normiecore. The sticky and board have helped, but I wanna more into fashion theory. I didn't even know the two fingers in the waistband rule for sizing pants, so I wanna start off with a comprehensive guide to see what I missed and not embarrass myself again.

Other urls found in this thread:

grailed.com/listings/1165689-Alpha-Industries-Black-Fishtail-Parka
alphaindustries.com/mens-parkas/alpha-industries-m-59-fishtail-parka.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you don't know what you're doing, just do basic clothes that fit well, and spend most of your efforts on bettering your body so that your appearance is better.

Basic clothing like plain t-shirts with neutral colors, well fitting pants/jeans, decent sneakers that don't look like ass. With that + actual effort into your physical appearance will make you better than 99% of people you'll see

do not look like /waywt/

just go on mfa

seriously if you just want to look good they are perfectly suited for you, hence why it's "malefashionadvice". The advice given here to beginners is either garbage or complete memey shitposting, tuxbell->mfa should really be the route you should take.

Also questions like this go on QTDDTOT

>That filename
But yeah basically plain clothes are your best friend, single colored T-shirts, blue jeans, some generic Adidas, Jordans, what-ever (try to stay away from new balance sneakers atm). Basically just dress basically until you feel like trying something new.

>(try to stay away from new balance sneakers atm)
why buy into this bullshit who actually cares

this is not like Veeky Forums. Its not a place for people to "get into" style for self improvement or whatever. go to r/mfa.

this is for teenagers shitposting about their "hobby". You will look ridiculous trying to ape the styles you see on here. Browse MFA and dress like a normie for years, then once your comfortable/bored with how you look, consider moving on to something more interesting.

>try to stay away from new balance sneakers atm
who gives a fuck. as long as you don't buy some meme shit or basic stans

This post is a perfect example of why OP should get off Veeky Forums as soon as possible

Stans look good to 99% of normies. That was my first pair of non-autism shoes and I got compliments on them. Ive only ever seen them on other people twice IRL.

The question you need to be asking yourself is what your goals are in fashion.

If all you are interested in is increasing your social status by looking nice, you've already gotten everything Veeky Forums has to offer you.

Solid T shirts in muted colors, slim jeans and chinos, a bomber jacket, classic simple sneakers. Bam, you look good by normie standards.

Beyond that, Veeky Forums is for people interested in fashion as a hobby or self-expression or whatever.

If that's not you, don't stick around.

If op knows fuck all about fashion then he should absolutely stans because of the fuckload of inspos and fits out there with them

>not wanting to be retardcore
You've come to the wrong place

The one thing I would add to people telling you to go to r/mfa is take their "MFA uniform" shit with a grain of salt. It's been getting better in recent years, but there's still some residual reddit "class is for men, swag is for boys" faggotry. Desert boots and chinos and OCBD everyday looks kind of dorky if youre a college student.

must not go to uni with a fuck ton of asians. i see over 10 pairs a morning

makes sense, guess i look at it like

Are there any recommended books, YT channels, or websites?

Yeah, I wanna look good, and I also wanna be familiar with designers/brands, how to gauge quality vs price, how to determine a fit, etc. - things everyone should know about clothing but don't. I guess what I'm going for is a socially-concious normiecore, like I'd rather get a pair of New Balance instead of some chink shit of equal price. I wanna know what I'm buying and wearing past the fit.

I started in pretty much the same place as you. Honestly you just have to develop an interest in it and decide what works for you. Even within "socially conscious normiecore" there is a wide variation in style. For example many people give "menswear" advice is more formal/professional than you want to look if you are a young college student or wageslave and present as general style advice.

Just start buying basics and you'll figure out a niche as you go.

You can't go wrong with a dark indigo or black slim fitting jeans, solid t shirts and sweaters, and simple, quality black/white sneakers

Also get ready to pay more for clothes than you are used to. A $150 pair of sneakers will look noticeable better than a $50 pair. Normies will subconsiously recognize the quality

Whatever you do, don't buy Stans unless you want to look like you're hopping on a two year old trend.
>m-muh classic model
shut up, nobody thought they looked good before they became a meme

if u want to know more abt fashion spend a lot of time interacting w/ it.

go to a lot of stores.
feel all the fabrics at every store you go to.
try shit on until you know how you want shit to fit you.
get your measurements.
go on grailed and look at pieces a lot.
read everything on dry clean only on grailed.
go on Veeky Forums & read threads on shit ur interested in.
figure out what you want to look like and work towards it.

while you're trying to figure out what you want to look like, go to uniqlo & buy some black shirts. long & short sleeve. $50.
buy a pair of black skinny jeans. $50
buy a pair of black chinos. $50.
buy a pair of black mono 1461s. $100
buy a black parka from alpha industries. $100

wear those every day and think about what you want to look like. save your money. don't buy anything for 6 months. add tons of shit to your grails on grailed. look up fit pics. read stylezeitgeist, superfuture, i-d, etc.

If you've lurked you'd know we have a thread for this

GET Veeky Forums

I live in rural Germany and saw about 50 this summer

Not OP, but thanks. Link to the alpha industries parka?

it's more expensive retail than i expected, but it comes up on grailed regularly.

grailed.com/listings/1165689-Alpha-Industries-Black-Fishtail-Parka

alphaindustries.com/mens-parkas/alpha-industries-m-59-fishtail-parka.htm

thrift and experiment

I wanna look nice in normcore blue-collar clothes, but I also want them to be durable. Do I just go WW2/post-war/50s/Jet Age/atomic agecore? They seemed to know what looked decent and could take a beating

No problem paying more for pieces that are worth it, tho it is kinda hard to get rid of that Jew mindset of "haha wait for spring to buy winter clothing for next year"

> tfw leaf
> not in Toronto, Vancouver, or especially Montreal
Kill me
i
l
l
m
e

> feel all the fabrics
And then what? What about place of origin? Should I trust Phillipines over China?
What measurements should I get and how should I get them? Thanks for the magazine recs and everything else. I figure I'll get the basics according to the sticky and work from there, prob thrift.

>And then what? What about place of origin? Should I trust Phillipines over China?
just know what fabrics feel like. most of my clothing purchases happen online, so it's good to know what shit feels like. it's also good to know what bad quality feels like, so you can recognize it, and also recognize the opposite of it, good quality.

to get ur measurements get a measuring tape for like 2 bucks, then take ur pit to pit measurement, ur chest, ur arm length, ur waist, ur inseam. any time you see a garment online and it has measurements, compare to ur body's measurements and see if it will fit how you like it to fit.

when an item has length, that means from the top of the shoulder. so if you see a shirt that says 36" length, measure 36" from the top of ur shoulder down, and that's how long it's going to me. that way you can know at least a little bit about what it's going to look like.

before you buy shit, find out about how it fits. some shit fits big, small, tts (true to size), etc.

look into sizing in general, it's the most important part about looking good. make sure all your shit fits well.

keep this in mind: all sizing is vanity sizing.

never believe that a 32 in pants will actually have a 32" waist. always ask for measurements to make sure. especially with shoes.