Trying to dress better. Right now I'm a 28 year old male and I'm looking for a girlfriend...

Trying to dress better. Right now I'm a 28 year old male and I'm looking for a girlfriend. Recently lost weight as well (220lbs to 160lbs right now). Got into fashion couple of months ago and I've learned that I really dig the style of "classy looking European gentleman" or "classy white people" style. So far the only reliable brand that I found that replicates this style well is Brooks Brothers. Any other brands that I can search that would fit the style I'm looking for?

Acne actually has some stuff in that style, look at other minimalist brands as well such as Norse Projects. Club Monaco also makes clothes you may like.

I'm going to unironically direct you to r/mfa, good buddy.

Id like to get into fashion but im 6'4 220lbs and too big for everything. Alot of pants look weird on me because my legs are either too thick (rugby player) or too long. Ill prob just end up rocking gym shorts till I die desu.

check out Tiger of Sweden, J lindeberg.

COS for cheaper, still nice minimalist clothes.
Common Projects for nice minimalist sneakers

What's your budget?

And don't go for things as tight as in your pic, or you'll just look like a faggot.

Here are some brands you could check out and see if you find anything that you like. Unlike the brands mentioned earlier they will at least be of better quality and fit the description of what you're searching for:

Berg & Berg
John Smedley
Zanone
Gran Sasso
Loake
Herringshoes
Barbour
etc.

Incotex
PT01/PT05
Jacob Cohen
Johnston's of Elgin
Fedeli
Doriani
Aspesi
Brunello Cucinelli
Finamore
Slowear
etc.

First batch is cheaper, second batch is slightly more expensive stuff, but save for Cucinelli nothing ridiculously expensive.

Shit brands.

Shit brands.

Shit brands.

Great post

I do try.

Thank You. I screen capped and saved your post for future reference.

Anyway, on the off-chance that you aren't mocking me, I also advice you to look out for some instagram pages where you can find good inspiration. Don't just buy a whole wardrobe in a month, let it take time and really think things through.

My favorite tailors have a philosophy that focuses on buying few items that you can easily mix-and-match between in order to create a lot of different combinations. As opposed to just buying individual items that you love, but that don't match the rest of your wardrobe.

>Breakfast.jpg
>photo of a burger

Where do you live exactly? This matters hugely both for what's available and what's appropriate. (American cuts will make you look a real sperg in Europe, wearing British tailoring in the US will make you look like a giant tryhard etcetera)

>My favorite tailors have a philosophy that focuses on buying few items that you can easily mix-and-match between in order to create a lot of different combinations. As opposed to just buying individual items that you love, but that don't match the rest of your wardrobe.
Any decent tailor will do this. I've never met one myself who doesn't say shit like "really you end up only using the same few ties no matter what, so don't go overboard with variety" even when it'll kill a sale, because they know the long term relationship is where they make big money in the long run.

Breakfast of champions.

Many tailors will say stuff like that, only to then recommend you a suit in a formal s120 wool fabric that you can't break up, as opposed to one in a hopsack weave where you can wear the pants/jacket together with a different pair of pants/jacket without looking like an idiot.

Philadelphia , USA

Or r/Navyblazer

Brooks Brother is quintessential American Ivy. Along with J.Press and Ralph Lauren (depending on the line). Honesty, most classic Ivy staples is what you're looking for.

Other brands can cater to what you're looking for, such as Epaulet New York, Sid Mashburn, Kamakura Shirts and Howard Yount are a few.

You may find these styles "boring" but they're staples that looked good 40 years ago and will look go however many years they last.

opinions on epaulet's chinos ?

They're good. It's their bread and butter. I don't think you'd be disappointed in them.

>you can wear the pants/jacket together with a different pair of pants/jacket
Just don't do it. If you can afford a suit, you can some sports coats too.
Even accepting the jacket as a sports coat (it won't be 'just right', but let's skip that), eventually, with use and discoloration, the jacket and pants would look mismatched, you'll forever break up a suit for no reason.

>Just don't do it

I don't see why not.

>Even accepting the jacket as a sports coat (it won't be 'just right', but let's skip that)

Let's not skip that.

If you choose an informal material with some texture, informal details like patch-pockets etc. then you can easily break up the suit and wear, for example, a navy hopsack jacket with some grey or brown pants without it looking off at all.

Unless you choose to sew up a suit in a super fine material (s150 wool/cashmere/whatever), it'll last long enough with regular usage.

This way, if you buy just three suits in the base colours (navy, grey and brown), you can break them up when you don't want to appear too formal and get many other good combinations that look great.

>If you choose an informal material with some texture, informal details like patch-pockets etc. then you can easily break up the suit and wear, for example, a navy hopsack jacket with some grey or brown pants without it looking off at all.
>informal material
But then why bother with a suit at all?

Sure, it'll be no issue if you just want to impress some basic bitches that think Zara is highend, but I would guess that all those warnings about this on every single menswear site/blog/book/magazine arent there just because of some conspiracy of >the Joooos!!!111!!!! that want you to buy more expensive suits.
If you work in an environment where a suit is mandatory, rather sooner than later someone will notice.
And if you just want to occasionally dress up for your own enjoyment, why buy many suits at all? Just have one suit for funerals and stuff, and have some odd jackets and pants to start with.

Really disappointed with your choice of meme image here.

nah, you can find pants that fit you bbay. Fellow big man here (6'2" 210) and was heavier when a bike messenger cuz quads/calfs were pumped. You gotta just get comfortable with it being a little tighter, the ladies and the fags love it. Just keep your wallet slim and have a good pair of thrifted jeans for manual work/shit where you need to be semi active. Express served me well, Paper Denim Cloth jeans got me a good pair too.

Because I'm occasionally obligated to wear a full suit when meeting a client. Other days I can afford to dress more casual, which suits (pun intended) me better due to my younger age. Do you not realize how dumb that question is? Not even counting in the fact that you're posing that question on a fashion board lol. And why so mad at jews?

Bummer.