ITT: Fashion pet peeves

ITT: Fashion pet peeves

>buttoning down shirt sleeves when not wearing a neck tie or in a very formal situation.

Doesn't it just feel like a voluntary straight jacket?

>

>necktie clip is askew
>mismatched belt and shoes
>suit jacket sleeves exceed shirt cuff when arms are at one's side

They're actually quite comfortable if you get the right fit. They are awful garbage with a garbage fit though I agree.

FUCKING HIPSTERS IN OXFORDS WITH NO SOCKS

this

oh fuck this
especially with these dumbass track-jogger-whatevers REEEEEEEEE

I dont understand people no socking
It's a fucking layer between your shoe and your pants so no one has to see your hairy ass leg.

>shirt neck too big or too small
>wearing button down collar in a suit
>socks that match nothing
>pocket square matching necktie

>running shoes with jeans
>joggers with dress shoes

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

m8 running shoes with jeans is essential dad/teachercore

Finding the right spot for the zipper on a quarter length zipper sweater. I literally had to stop wearing them. Just fucking wear them all the way down, cocksuckers.

God this thread makes me feel good.

bump

>paisley tie
>busy shirt

WAKE ME UP

I CAN'T WAKE UP

Sick air monarchs

For those in the medical field: wearing scrubs, surgical cap, booties, coat in the cafeteria or outside of the hospital.

the superior choice
the jeans must be dark blue 505s with mad stacks and ripped hems

Let's not forget a shirt that accentuates the gut

....and sleeves buttoned down.

>not wearing your Judenstern post Kristallnacht

OY vey

>Levi's jackets covered in patches and pins and shit
>Pins on clothing in general
>Boots with zippers
>Buttoning the top button of a shirt with no tie
>Doc Martens, Timberlands and other shit tier boots in any context
>Tucking pants into boots
>Stone washed fabrics
>Nose rings

>>Buttoning the top button of a shirt with no tie

triggered

Dress pants that are about 6" too long.

Break at the heel bullshit. I get ALL my suits tailored to break at the top of the shoe.

When I went through my skinhead phase in high school I did all but two of these

fuck you, it's called having chest hair

fuck you, it's called shaving

It's called wearing an undershirt you barbarian

>suit jacket sleeves exceed shirt cuff when arms are at one's side

This is just people not understanding that you need to get shit tailored. I think I've only ever owned one sportcoat that had the right sleeve length off the rack.

This shit looks so damn autistic. Also, on a related note, wearing a tie without a jacket is haram as fuck and yet I see it all the damn time. Wear a jacket with no tie and the collar unbuttoned if you need something between business casual and full dress.

>covering your chest hair
>shaving your chest hair
>wearing an undershirt

You guys are all wrong.

>wrinkles on clothes
i have to iron everything because i hate wrinkles.

Pleated pants anytime after 1967

>you guys are all wrong.

you're fucked man stone washed IS BAAAAACK BABY

yeah because there's nothing in between being buttoned all the way up and having your shirt half open.

Ok so leaving one button opened exposing your pale chest and unkept chest hair looks good? Whether you leave open 1 button or 4 you're still going to see it unless you wear an undershirt, and no one wants to see your greasy 70s disco man core. So unless you're shaved and confident in your body, or wear an undershirt, don't wear button ups.

but I have to wear one for work without a tie and not allowed to wear undershirts

What faggy place are you from where you're expected to hide the fact you have body hair? Shaving body hair is for bodybuilders and twinks. Undershirts look awful and just make it seem like you're trying to soak up sweat before you get pit stains.

>Shaving body hair is for bodybuilders and twinks
let me guess, skinny fat and balding?

it's literally impossible for this to ever look good ever

Holy fuck I hate this, just buy pants that fit don't cuff them to the moon ffs

Please post of pic of you in button up desu

They're supposed to be buttoned down whether you're wearing a tie or not. Some dudes even leave their collars unbuttoned when wearing a tie.

kek. literally made me loudly bust up.

>collars unbuttoned when wearing a tie
This is the worst shit ever

Maaaaaad ?

Hey, maybe they wear the no show socks ?

JEANS WITH HEELS
AND WITH PANTS IN GENERAL
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Or at least do a double/triple cuff or have them hemmed. Cuffs over 2" never look good.

> over-sized clothing that makes them look like a balloon

Is that a gay or a grill?

Bootcut jeans. Ever.
Idk why they're shilling the bootcut meme to women so hard right now but I made my gf promise to never buy them because they're absolutely awful

You think I have the time to go home and change after I get off of work just to go grocery shopping?

Fuck off

I think if you wear a sweater over a fully buttoned shirt works well.

you new to the internet?

At least those men who showed their chest hair had a semblance of testosterone, as opposed to you and your merry band of millennial assclaps.

>anyone who isn't a hairless metrosexual twink like me is skinnyfat and balding
I bet you even wear skinny jeans.

Anyone remember when these were popular?

I remember these from when I was in high school. I didn't care as much about clothing then but I remember being absolutely disgusted by these. A lot of the rich kids wore them like a status symbol, which made it even worse considering how hideous they are.

Ugh, the high school kids in the next town over from me wear those with rhinestone belts, neon colored t-shirts, cowboy boots, and camo caps. It's like they can't decide if they want to look feminine or masculine. It'd absolutely the worst local trend I've ever seen.

>shirt sleeves
What?

>Boots with zippers
what kind of boots

Midwest core is the faggiest look by far very ironic considering they're so opposed to gays

Nah this is south Texas and it's not a common thing anywhere around here except for that stupid little town. It's one of those places where they really try hard to be redneck and force the small town culture like it's heaven on earth when it's really just a stupid little town with nothing interesting in it.

>distressed clothes
>buying clothes pre distressed
>blue jeans in general
>the fact that blue jeans are now the standard pants for men
>low wasited trousers (most annoying of all because it's so unavoidable)

Must just be a small-town thing cause all the people north of you do it too

>>blue jeans in general
What?
>>the fact that blue jeans are now the standard pants for men
>are now
It's been that way for 60 years, grandpa.
>>low wasited trousers (most annoying of all because it's so unavoidable)
I agree with you there. Can you even buy high-waist pants for men anymore?

>It's been that way for 60 years, grandpa.

I know, I wear jeans (black though) too because I just have to accept they're the standard for mens casual wear.

I just wish it wasn't the case. They're not comfortable. Why is a garment designed for heavy workwear now the standard casual pant for men?

I wish I could wear comfy wool pants, but the normie plebs here would look at you like you have two heads.

It seems like you give too much of a shit about how people think. Wear wool pants if you want to.

Unless you're wearing spray-on jeans, they ARE comfortable. You must not be wearing ones that fit. That said, they're popular because they're versatile and low cost. A pair of blue jeans can make you look smart and casual at a fraction of the price of some good dress pants. I also really like blue as a colour, but that's subjective.

I seriously have no idea why you have an irrational hatred for blue jeans of all things, when they were out of fashion for a while.

there's a top button for a reason m8

Yes because every girls dream is to run her hands through your greasy chest hair

Stop trying and kys, and you would've posted a pic of yourself by now if you didn't look like shit

You mean pale blue right?

i hate that they're the standard pants for men as well. I own one pair of jeans that I wear when I know I'm doing something that could ruin the pants I'm wearing (like taking OPs mom out on a date or painting). I wear khakis for everything else.

First of all, you care too much about what people think.

Second, no one's even going to look at you weird for wearing slacks/chinos/whatever anyway. Blue jeans may be the standard, but chinos are a very close second unless you live in some backwater cousin-fucking town in the middle of nowhere. My town comes close and I only wear chinos, along with about 50% of the male population here. It's the standard for white men above the poverty line and it automatically makes you look better than the redneck wearing jeans.

>tailors apprentice.
>roll pants to slightly shorter than acceptable length in anticipation of their valued input.
>"could you make them a little longer"
>"certainly"
>ready pins
>"actually a little longer"
>.....
>"just a little more. Great"
>measured inseam: 26 1/2"
>altered pant length: 32"

>>Tucking pants into boots
Okay if they're 6" boots then yeah that's stupid as shit, but NOT tucking into 8" boots looks horrendous