Was Atatürk a hero or a villain? What can you tell me about him?

Was Atatürk a hero or a villain? What can you tell me about him?

Other urls found in this thread:

markhumphrys.com/turkey.html#support.ataturk
markhumphrys.com/turkey.html#genocide
hawaii.edu/powerkills/SOD.TAB14.1E.GIF
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He was just a man

He was the Man.

my favourite t*rk

what did he mean by this

>breaking down history into good and bad makes it easier for me to understand

to put it simply, he's a man who brought turkey back from the brink. The Treaty of Sevres was all but set to turn Anatolia into European colonies but his wars led to Turkish independence, as well as its transition from a Sultanate to a modern secular state.

Turkey is probably the poster child of making secularism work in a region and culture that is so accustomed to sultanates and theocracies.

instead of thinking whether he's good or evil, ask if he was important to the people affected by his decisions, and with that, he is vitally important to how Turkey operates itself to this day.

Atataratatürük

Source for this?

Also, tell me about the Genocide of Armenians and Anatolian Christians by the Turks

Another turk Enver is responsible for that

Villain, though plebes will tell you otherwise.

Administer these two doses of red pill:
markhumphrys.com/turkey.html#support.ataturk
markhumphrys.com/turkey.html#genocide

>In Turkey, "secular" seems to mean "killer of non-Muslims".

he was just some irrelevant master-roach

All that sensational stuff aside, he probably killed more Muslims than non-Muslims after he came to power.

Wait, was he an atheist? or at least not muslim?

He was certainly not Muslim, while quote from is a little different:
>I have no religion, and at times I wish all religions at the bottom of the sea. He is a weak ruler who needs religion to uphold his government; it is as if he would catch his people in a trap. My people are going to learn the principles of democracy, the dictates of truth and the teachings of science. Superstition must go. Let them worship as they will; every man can follow his own conscience, provided it does not interfere with sane reason or bid him against the liberty of his fellow-men.

He was secular.

Links go into detail on this.

>being such a cuck you forcibly change the alphabet of your nation to the one used by the enemies of your ancestors

He was a Turkish guy who saved his country from catastrophe after WW1 which is good. Unfortunately he saved turkey which is a horrible country. It's like if he saved a child in the woods only for said child to become a serial killer.

He was based AS FUCK

Modern turks, not so much.

He kinda reminds me of Erdogan, I guess I wouldn't like him that much

The real antichrsit, good thing that we have Erdogan setting things right now.

he reformed a country that was stuck behind because handicapped politics and "WE WUZ".
The country became "modern", the country was still handicapped until erdogan actually.

>"Erdogan has also named Istanbul's "third bridge", linking Europe and Asia, after an Ottoman despot who slaughtered tens of thousands of Alevis, Kurds and Turkmens back in the 16th century."
>Well that's still a step up from Ataturk. He killed 900,000.

I don't like cults of personality, and there's one an Atatürk cult in Turkey even today.

This being said, I think that the turkish nation has a lot to thank him for. Turkey as we know it would not exist without him.

this is perfect

the only hero from an otherwise villain country

Şiggy

Ottoman Empire =/= Turkey
I don't know why idiots attach past atrocities to a current nation. The only crime Turkey is doing is denying the genocide.

He always reminds me of IRL version of Reinhard. Coming from Military, Seizing power and Reforming the Nation.

What genocide, friend?

He should have let the Greeks have Constantinople, on the east side of the Bosphorus, back.

Turkey could have the part in Asia Minor and still call it Istanbul.

Why would he've done that?

>Le byzantine memes.
Greece already had more than they could due to Western support ignited by romanticism and classicism. Actually it surprise me that Ataturk never fought for Western Thrace, which had a decisive Turkish majority.

>900,000.

of Alevi? Source please

t. Alevi

If you read the links you'd see they're about atrocities specifically committed by the Turkish nationalists. Granted, many of them also took part in the Christian genocides.

hawaii.edu/powerkills/SOD.TAB14.1E.GIF

I thought he was a King of the Ottoman Enpire.... Well, looks like I'm wrong.

With a man's courage.