Reality is but a creation of the mind

>Reality is but a creation of the mind
>You cannot prove that anything exists because your empirical senses are questionable
>The only thing that is proven to exist is your counsciousness, because you think

Sounds awesome, right? But thenl he jumps to

>God must exist otherwise everything would be depressive as fuck

What am I missing?

The part where denying god's existence would get you tried for treason and libel

So, he doesn't draw any logical line between his original prepositions and God himself?

No, I think he's suggesting that the whole god thing was an attempt to escape getting in legal shit.

Can Descartes be called a solipist?

>give her the dick

I studied it a bit some months ago and while I liked and agreed with the idea of dualism, it seems that he ends up contradicting himself with God just existing.

Do you also think that the sun circulates the earth because Galileo had to say so in the end?

>The only thing that is proven to exist is your consciousness, because you think

Except a thought is a nonphysical entity, therefore you don't exists

It's such a lay argument, that many beleive he was at least an agnostic like Hobbes.

>I doubt the existence of things
>Doubt is less perfect than knowledge
>Therefore I iam thinking there is something more perfect than myself
>This thought cannot come from nothing nor from myself, since a lesser perfection cannot produce a greater perfection.
>Thus a greater perfection produced it in me.
>And, because I can conceive of an infinitude of perfections, it must be the highest perfection. I call this highest perfection God.
>Thus it has God who produces this conception in me.
>God exists.

Where are the empirical proofs?

Not true. You can measure thought.

Using what?

What part of "I doubt the existence of things" did you not get you filthy empiripleb?

Empiricism will not be invented until Francis Bacon reads this man and invents it.

Descartes is Rationalism which is a literally a higher order than Empiricism. Empiricism cannot exist without a Rationalist foundation but Rationalism can exist outside the realms of empiricism.

The only way to measure a thought is with another thought. It's an infinite cycle. Literally every idea has "I think" as a foundation axiom.

>Doubt is less perfect than knowledge
>Therefore I iam thinking there is something more perfect than myself

And what if perfection doesn't exist?

or alternatively, what if everything is perfect.

All of them.

got btfo by hegel tbqh

>Reality is but a creation of the mind
>You cannot prove that anything exists because your empirical senses are questionable
>The only thing that is proven to exist is your counsciousness, because you think

that doesn't seem helpful
what's the big deal wih his philosophy?

Metaphysics literally doesn't hold up without the ultimate substance that created everything.

Because logically either everything is a circle or a line with a beginning and an end.

>What are spirals

It's because you're dumb user and you can't apply basic logic to other ideas.

>implying thoughts have no molecular basis.
>implying something no molecular doesnt exist.

Are you retarded or just american?

Don't forget about fractals.

It gets adolescent boys hooked on thinking because they can picture themselves as logic gods

why can't you think of something more perfect than yourself? I don't think the idea of god has to be planted externally by god himself.

If I can't know for certain that the physical things around me exist then I can't trust them to measure my thoughts. Therefore a thought cannot be trusted to exist either