Should I spend 1k on YSL cropped jodhpurs? Do they give a good "badboy" look for guys...

Should I spend 1k on YSL cropped jodhpurs? Do they give a good "badboy" look for guys. This is what I'm trying to go for. Will they go well with tight black trousours , white button down w/ tie , and a black leather jacket?

Whoops I meant to post

no

Yes. Buy them and then post a fit pic here after so we can laugh at you.

only if you're over 6 feet and under 18 bmi

I'm 5'8 and 160lbs. Why won't this still look good on me?

More like a fagboy look.

do you even know what ysl is

Anything with a heel will definitely not make you look like a "bad boy" and your planned fit is far from anything but faggot.

It's a clothing brand....

You are 5'8" and over 120 lbs. You dont possess the proportions to pull those boots off with coming off as a gay manlet.

You're way too fucking short and chubby to attempt SLP. Also in the photo on the left the guy is wearing harness wyatts not jodhpurs. Finally the cropped jodhpurs are probably one of the worst.

Instead of losing 1k on shoes (the high tops are always better as far as slp is concerned) you should work on losing 1Kcal from your diet a day

160lbs is not fat.

Also you can think I'm short, I don't care what you think. But I don't personally consider myself short

Bait. We might bite sometimes but we don't have trisomy 21.

lmao stay optimistic chubby bunny

Spending 1k on these won't make you look any less like a sperg.

unless you're thin, don't even bother

OP Is a faggot but i'm 5'8 and actually 110 lbs

can i pull these off?

Unless that's pure muscle, and your waist is less than 30" dont even count on it.

cropped jodhpurs are by far the worst boots you could possibly buy from saint laurent

theyre especially bad for a fat manlet like you since they don't make your legs look longer

slp exaggerates proportions

your height and weight will only make you look awkward in slp

you may not be fat but 5'8 160lbs is way too stocky to pull this stuff off

hahahahahahahahahah an angry, fat manlet is on the loose god help us

but yeah no dont fucking spend 1k on these boots you absolute fucktard

You can pull em off your mum you faggot

on the brink of overweight according to the stupidest measuring system
that's definitely not slp.

theres a ysl guy who posts here and he's like 6'5 and anorexic as fuck

in his first show he wore 4" heels and would have been more than a foot taller than you, you might be "tall" but you need to be much taller for ysl, also get the hedi chelsea boots or the wyatts, they're the best ysl boots and best in the world imo

Just so you know, I don't think being 5'8 160lbs. is "fat" or "short." However, for SLP you have to be pretty rail thin to pull it off properly. At your height and weight, regardless of if you're "fat" or just "stocky," it's not going to fit at all or it will just look abysmal on you. I'm in the similar ball park to you as far as height and weight. It sucks but there's better styles and brands that'll accommodate you better.

fuccboi here, what do ysl and SLP stand for?

nah i disagree, i know the ysl make tonnes of shit for asians they definitely always have the asian market in mind when they design, their are ysl clothes for everybody but you have to be smart and selective, ie: buying jodhpurs is bad because of the wrap-around strap, same with their long coats, only wear if tall and thin, thats why they do gay jackets and shit now

YSL= Yves Saint Laurent
SLP= Saint Laurent Paris

yves saint laurent
saint laurent paris

slp = hedi slimane
ysl = pre and post slimane

>their are ysl clothes for everybody but you have to be smart and selective

there really isn't. i don't get this fascination people have with slp who don't fit the standard. there are literally hundreds of designer brands on this planet who are just as good - if not better than slp and you choose the one that isn't made for you

i'm not talking about the ysl aesthetic, i'm just talking about specific pieces of the clothes, ie: if a fatty wears straight leg jeans and wyatt boots, and whatever normal clothes he will look fine, if styled well, i'm not suggesting they should go full slp wearing vests and chokers because they'd turn into sausages, but i think the slp aesthetic is about not caring and just wearing what you are, and if you're so uptight about the slp "standard" then you should consider this also and respect people who wanna wear cool clothes

also don't assume i'm some small chubby buddy because i'm not, i'm just tired of people berating others to look a certain way or fit in, when ultimately nobody decides how you look or if you fit in

power to you, my man

>when ultimately nobody decides how you look or if you fit in

Isn't deciding how people look and where they fit in L I T E R A L L Y the point of Fashion, though?

no the point of fashion is either artistic or self-improvement in your own eyes, your corporate-consumer view of fashion leads you to believe that fashion is about you're viewed by your peers but that's just in your head, the thought of money and the price of items sails through your head as you think of fashion, because you don't really understand it. My point is, and I myself might be a good example of this, I'm actually the lanky skeletor aforementioned in this thread and i had absolutely no say in the way i look, or my proportions, so I agree with you that one should cater to their specific proportions, for example 36" inseam legs don't exist, so I have to wear boots and 34", but that doesn't mean to say that somebody can't wear something they like, it's that they like it that makes it important, fashion isn't about cataloging people it's about expressing people.

fashion is all about proportions and wearing things that flatter your body type. if you have some masturbatory desire to wear cool things that don't suit you then go ahead, but don't get offended when people rightly think that you look like shit.

so now the livestock of fa will call you short
cause they have one brain for all

>5'8
>not short

cmon

people will think shit about you whatever you do, wear, or say these days. it's more fashionable to not care, and to just be nice to people, something you can't do, do you think the tall skinny people you seem to care so much about give a fuck about proportions or wearing things that flatter them? they don't care, why would they? there are better things and cooler things out there than obsessing over yourself and the way you look in normal clothes, unless they're super expensive clothes in which case you need to ask yourself why you buy such expensive clothes

everybody has a different definition of fashion. your definition is the manifesto of the proportion police, like really who cares? do you walk around the streets thinking "oh i wonder what she thinks of my proportions" or do you think "what does she think of my outfit?"

>do you think the tall skinny people you seem to care so much about give a fuck about proportions or wearing things that flatter them?

yes

>do you walk around the streets thinking "oh i wonder what she thinks of my proportions" or do you think "what does she think of my outfit?"

yes

you're wrong man

that's like your opinion, man

i know it's my opinion, and its yours too i'm just suggesting maybe keep your philosophy to yourself if you think its so good, maybe OP's philosophy is to buy clothes he likes to make himself feel good and will pull it off, and if you don't see his proportions maybe that'll help you sleep

I'm 6'2/160lbs and I'm not skinny enough for ysl champ

"fashion is architecture. it is a matter of proportions" - coco chanel

proportions are literally the #1 by far most important factor in making an outfit look good.

like i said before though, if you need to appeal to your sensitive feelings by cosplaying as someone youre not, then go ahead.

>maybe keep your philosophy to yourself if you think its so good

fuck off

so i know the whole manley thing is a meme but what the fuck are people thinking saying they dont consider 5'8 short?
thats a full 3 inches shorter than the average height for men.
that is 3 inches below average.

dunno bout other places but average australian height is 5'9
it's probably short in some places, but it's still not kys I'm depressed because of my height tier short

No they don't give any "badboy" look at all
Neither do tight trousers.

If you're going to spend 1k on some boots, you might as well go for something like CCP, A1923, MA+, or Guidi.

I'm 6ft and 160 pounds, would they look good?

lose 30 pounds and we'll talk

I just lost 30 pounds, let's talk.

Start consuming only coffee and cigarettes.

it would look good now

pic related is 5'4 and he pulled off a complete SLP outfit. So no, you don't have to be a tall lanklet to look good in SLP

>he pulled off a complete SLP outfit

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jacket and pants look ridiculous on him.

>chink
>stubby arms
>short legs

ummm, no?

lol. how the fuck you gonna let a clothing rack be taller than you.

How tall you need to be to look good with them?

About 5'12".

I just read the whole thread and it has yet to explain to me why height would fucking matter when wearing a pair of shoes.

lmao

They won't look good with skinny, short legs. You'll look like a girl.

proportions

proportions

Another thing

If you're not white, SLP is not for you

This

Chinese people need to fuck off from European fashion

You know how ridiculous white people look wearing your clothes? That's what you look like to us

in order to put together a wardrobe that goes well with those shoes you need to have enough money to not care about shoes costing $1k.
also as said before your silhoutte needs to fit that look.
seeing as you're trying to go for a "badboy look" (as opposed to "a YSL/SLP look"), look for something else.

P.S.: tight black pants, white button down + tie and a black leather jacket is massively inferior compared to what the model in your picture is wearing

>cropped
No get the regualar ones cropped are shit.

this so much

this

CCP is impossible to find, A1923, MA+, and Guidi are good but they don't have much to offer in terms of getting a tall heel with a sleek profile and an almond shaped toe. Most of the aforementioned have amazing leather but big rounded toes and 1" heels.

no

Lol but I'm just glad they are pouring their new-money into the coffers of fashion houses that I enjoy. It's allowing them to continue to make shit that I want and making it more widely available also.

get hedi diors.

i don't buy used shoes or boots mostly because i'm worried the former owners will have imprinted in the sole.