I bought 5 different sweaters for Black Friday...

I bought 5 different sweaters for Black Friday, and all but one have an absolutely awful "relaxed" fit that makes me look like a fat fuck.

What is up with sweaters and this terrible 90s-tier fit?

I'll take recommendations for thick (cable knit or similar) sweaters that don't fit like shit

This is why you try clothes b4 buying them

Bought online. I'll return them, I'm just annoyed that I can't find a sweater that fits well

This isn't a thing youre just buying the wrong size dumbass

They fit right in the shoulders, m80

Get bigger shoulders

sweaters aren't supposed to be form fitting

Yes they are. The more expensive the sweater, the more likely you are to see 'form fitting' or 'slim fit' in the product description. The good ones on Mr Porter cost a good $400-600 bucks minimum.

well look man, i get your complaint, but try to understand that sweaters are MADE for layering, they are not supposed to be slim sitting and restricting of movement. this is why they often seem baggy. They are supposed to be cut that way, so you can layer it on top of a t shirt and a button down shirt comfortably. i hope this explanation has helped you see the error in your thinking.

if they look like the one in the OP, they are meant to be loose fitting. this user is right.
they are worn by sailors and fishers and others in cold weather and were even used for hockey jerseys for a long time.
if the shoulders fit, the sleeves hit at your wrist (you can fold up the cuff) and it hits around your pant line, its fine.

Different sweaters fit different, numb-nuts.

Those Aran sweaters like OP posted are supposed to be bulky and looser fitting. Some marine inspired sweaters will be bulky in everywhere but the ribbing (cuffs, hem, collar) because they're designed to keep the wind out.

Basic fleece crewnecks and other athletic inspired sweaters can run all over the place, but I don't imagine anyone wearing a form fitting one. Slim maybe, but not next to skin.

Business casual sweaters are the only ones that consistently run very slim, like your cashmere and merino v necks, so you can throw them over your ocbd but under your suit without affecting the fit. I guess commando sweaters fall under this category too.

In addition, bulky clothing won't make you look like a fat fuck if you're not already a little pudgy, built-fat, or maybe a manlet. If you're slim and tall, you'll look fine in an oversized sweater.

Barbour makes some nice sweaters that come in a slimmer cut. They usually say in the description whether a particular sweater is slim or regular fit.

>If you're slim and tall, you'll look great in an oversized sweater
ftfy

>howlin sweaters
Man everything online said to size down but when mine came it was baggy as

how do people push up their sleeves without stretching out the cuff?

>blatant misquote
ftfy

You pretty much can't. You can spot spray wool to help it shrink a little, but unless it barely stretched out in the first place, it won't go back to the same size.

>i dont know how this meme works
ftfy

Being a sweater enthusiast, the bigger the better just as long as you fold them right and maintain the creases it will be a good look.

>blatant misquote

the newest newfag ever

>Complaining about awful 90s-tier fit on an imageboard where anything that doesn't have an awful 90s-tier fit is inherently bad.

>he doesn't buy his stuff online

You should buy slim fit, even slim fit one size larger than your regular fit size, because that will still look and fit better IMO.

Although it depends on the make. For example my Lacoste jumpers are regular fit but they totally would pass as slim fit for any other brand.

>making shit up

>slim fit sweaters

want some rivers cuomo glasses and a scarf with that? and some starbucks coffee? to complete your faggot numale outfit?

t. fatty

wouldn't loose-fitting sweaters be slim-fitting on a fat person? because they take up all the space? retard

bought two from gap of all places the other day and im very satisfied with the fit, along with a dark olive bomber

eh, so? real slim fit would be skintight on you, fatty.

pic related

Bellfield.