Thoughts on God's new style for 2017?

Thoughts on God's new style for 2017?

what shoe are those

Adidas Calabasas shoes that havent been released yet

fire ass fit oh ma gawd

Not even considering his music, you literally can't deny that he isn't one of the biggest and influential artists in the recent years.
Every one of his albums has influenced current musicians (even outside of Hip-Hop) and has pushed Hip-Hop forward as a genre
Each album is a detailed masterpiece of production (Listen to something like Lost in the World and try and argue that it doesn't take a crazy amount of creativity and talent to produce that), and, especially in his earlier albums, he's proven himself to be a strong conscious rapper with meaningful lyricism (although rapping is probably his weakest attribute).

What would you consider good music?
-Music that is commercially successful (arguable on this board desu)
-Music that is unique in its genre and sounds different from its predecessors
-Music that changes the shape of a genre and influences further music/artists within that genre

Kanye pretty much checks every box, this board is full of contrarians who shoot down commercially successful artists, or artists that can appeal to casual and attentive listeners, and promote lesser known albums to the extent that they can be considered overrated here.

If you can't enjoy any of Kanye's work, it's because you either don't like Hip-Hop (and dismissing an entire genre is a pretty ignorant thing to do), you dislike Kanye because of how he's portrayed in the media (we're aren't arguing about whether he's a narcissist, an egomaniac, an asshole, etc., we're talking about the quality of his releases), or you just dislike anything that has gained commercial success with the current generation.

If you don't consider my opinion to carry much weight, just take the opinion of so many famous musicians who applaud Kanye. Hell, even Lou Reed can't deny his talent
>"The guy really, really, really is talented. He’s really trying to raise the bar. No one’s near doing what he’s doing, it’s not even on the same planet"

His College Dropout album and Late Registration basically helped end gangster rap and start a new era of mainstream hip hop that began exploring new inspirations and context.
Each album pushed new boundaries, even if just in terms of mainstream music. Regardless of what you think of it, what other album of the genre can be compared to TLoP in likeness?
808s and Heartbreaks helped start a more emotional style of hip hop and RnB and is one of the main reasons artist such as Drake, The Weeknd, Kid Cudi, and Chance can even exist. The latter two even straight up citing Kanye as their greatest inspirations.
He has a knack for finding and putting on young aspiring youth and propelling them to the center of the music, fashion and social media world towards great commercial success, despite their critic reviews. (Desiigner, Travis Scott, Ian Conner, Vic Mensa, etc)

He was praised for his production style and heavy influence on pop culture.
He was never considered that great a rapper, but has been known to drop some clever lines and occasional impressive bar in the past.
He also made it acceptable for rappers and hip-hop artists not from the hood/trap or any impoverished urban community to be considered serious artists and not just gimmicky pop entertainers like Vanilla Ice.

His records are pretty solid and he has molded a respectable aesthetic about himself and surrounds himself with good musicians, producers and artists.

K im listening to Lost In the World, whats the super creativity youre hearing?
It is clean and nicely produced but thats not particularly boundary pushing.
The middle 8 outro drum chant thing is pretty played and I doubt he was the first.

His first album was 'fresh' as in new. Not ground breaking. Ill give you that he was a conscious rapper but he was also in a phase. Everyone praised him for putting his faith at the forefront of his image, his works. Well that had integrity didnt it?

Its not that we, sorry, I discount him as an entity its just I dont feel he is the shining beacon of hope that his fans want him to be. I fell its more 'weve picked the right idol' with kanye. Its not about the quality its the fact he does so much, its not the quality its the fact its a trend, pop culture as you say. You know what I mean?
Its less about him, his works and more about 'ye course i like kanye, know all of his works not just mooziks dont you, gosh!' like that vid of hipsters liking made up bands at coachella.

Its the fact that even now with his implosion people still are trying convince themselves and others, like he has done, that he is more relevant than anyone else and not just AS relevant.

Paranoia is a helluva drug.

His street styles are meh, his music is nothing special, very pretentious ego trip hip hop with grandiloquent production.
The clothing he "designs" sucks, really ugly basketball shoes, bland uninspired lines... only his yeezy x adidas line was ok, but it also borrowed a lot from Helmut, BBS...
Kanye is just overrated. I'm sure he's a good fella tho

Is that Gaga? Nicer body than I thought tbph

>Kanye typing this from the hospital

Id on Kanye's shirt?

Why are Kanyefags shilling so hard for him on this board?

Kanye is daddy.

his collab with adidas was blatant rip offs

horrible crap nigga taste

Continues to have bad taste in everything but pussy

>If you can't enjoy any of Kanye's work, it's because you either don't like Hip-Hop
No, it's because I dislike HIS hip-hop.

>releases the most discussed album of 2016
>"his music is nothing special"

to faggot ass haters
name another person pulling off this same exact fit
you wont

i can't even tell if posts like these are bait nowadays with all the teenagers

>implying anyone wants to argue with a 16 year old who has already confirmed his biases

I'm more interested in what MC Eiht is doing compared to Kanye

kanyefags are more mental and delusional than kanye