How bad are Gildan and Tultex shirts? I want to buy some band merch but they only print on these brands...

How bad are Gildan and Tultex shirts? I want to buy some band merch but they only print on these brands, which I've heard are sub-par.

regular Gildan shirts are boxy and kind of stiff. no idea about Tultex. printing on cheap shirts like that keeps production costs down, but it's at the expense of having a mediocre product.

I wish more bands would print on stuff like American Apparel or Canvas.

Is AA considered high quality? I thought they went bankrupt though?

they're soft and have a slimmer fit. I heard about the bankruptcy thing but I have no idea. they're still around.

While you're here, Do you know anything about Gildan "Softstyle" and the brand Next Level? How do they compare?

no idea about either, senpai

Gildan is hard and rough and honestly feels terrible to wear.

Next level are above standard gildan below AA

also worth noting the color quality. most of my black Gildan band shirts are faded to the point that they look navy blue. some people like that though.

I work at a t-shirt/print shop.

>Gildan
They're all on the boxy side.
The material isn't as soft as other blanks.
Dark colors fade rather quickly.

>Tultex
The shirt's shape changes with every wash/dry cycle.
STAY AWAY.

>Next Level
Fit is similar to AA.
A little bit shorter in length.
The material isn't as heavy as AA, but I think quality control is better though.

I have that exact shirt, and its a bit rough/stiff compared to the AA shirt I just got, it doesn't bother me but its definitely noticable

Is it Next Level 3600?

i saw deafheaven last year and bought a band tee at their merch table, and it was printed on AA shirts.

I actually forget, since I took the tags off, which I realize isn't helpful

Gildan is trash, and cut for fat people.

Gildan is a classic cut t shirt
nothing special
fabric isnt amazing
definitely do get better with age though they lose color easy ()

funny enough, gildan just purchased aa's production set up in LA

gildan shit feels like shit. fabric's weirdly stiff in a way that feels like a dried up cum sock, literally everything else you could possibly buy fits and feels better and that includes ghetto taobao reps and blanks that cost literal pennies

aged gildan feels great
i've put all my tour tees through unnecessary washes and the fabric has softened up a lot

>band you love releases new t-shirt
>all shirts prior were slim, but you were fat so you didn't fit them well
>lose weight, at goal weight, get new shirt in slim size
>get shirt
>it's a regular fit
>looks like a trash bag on me

And here I thought every band these days switched over to slim cuts permanently.

Forgot to mention:
>no returns because limited production

hellomerch.com?

That's the stupid tax you pay for not being able to take your t-shirts in on a sewing machine, retard

Gildan is garbage. Stay away.

Your anger is unjustified.

It's a band shirt why do you give a shit lol

gildan is awful
still buy them sometimes tho

softstyle shirts are much better than heavy cotton but they have a slimmer fit

Terrible. You can get a few wears out of them, but they turn to shit fast.

I'm tall so I have to order XXL and honestly after some washes they completely lose their length, but not width, so it's literally unwearable.

Even H&M basics are better quality.

Gildan is actually very high quality for the price, the cut is just bad because they're made to be generic, non-fitted shirts.