Boots: Indestructible Edition

Old thread is close to cap.

Post your boots related inquiries and pics here.
Let's contain all those dumb boots question threads to one thread.

No effeminate boots like pilotenstiefel or solovairs allowed, only the manliest of boots allowed. Nu males despair.

Other urls found in this thread:

ssense.com/en-us/men/product/diemme/black-leather-roccia-boots/1668913
store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/special-field-mens-boot/pid-10006021/pgid-10968350
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Solovair is superior to Doc Martens.

anybody gone through Danner's boot repair service? I bought a pair of beaten-to-hell insulated Mountain Passes on eBay and want to get them resoled and have the toe box replaced

Thoughts on Corcoran Jumpers before I pull the trigger? I'm a broke piece of shit
Would be nice to see some reviews from fellow Veeky Forumsgs

Make sure you size down at least 1/2. I think 1525 field boots > original jump boots just because they have vibram soles and speed laces.

Thanks for the tip on sizing. I think I'll stick to the jump boots; they fit me better, I like the classic look of them. I'm fairly new to Veeky Forums, on the sizing it says "D" or "E" for my size, does it make a big difference? Is there an easy way to determine which one fits me better?

I bought an old pair of red wing boots from ebay, was wondering if it would be worth it to resole them to a commando or lug sole to make a nice winter boot. They are 10 inch laceups, look vaguely like a pair of paratrooper boots without captoe. Current soles got some life left, but are smooth and fairly weathered. Pic is them from listing, a more dull brown in person.

fix those stupid tongue cape things and theyll look good

Manliest boot in thread

>in my gay opinion
ftfy

They look just like the boots I got from Walmart, senpai

the letters are for width: d is regular and e is wide. Order d unless you have a history of shoes being too narrow for your feet. I would say look up on Corcoran's website to see if they have a sizing guide if you wanna be super safe.

casually wearing army boots is gay

You should've seen the /pol/ tier shitposting in the last thread then.

Probably a shot in the dark, but do you know if there's any good Canadian sites per chance that I can buy these things?

ssense.com/en-us/men/product/diemme/black-leather-roccia-boots/1668913

Would these be appropriate to wear in snow?

where do you live? if it ends up snowing too deep, just get gators. they look like solid boots

Boston. It can get deep but I won't be going off streets and sidewalks too often.

BRAH i need an id on the boots???

Rothco military boots

Leave it to Asians to not have a single individual thought amongst their group.

Anyone have more inspo of this? I wanna get some too

>not have a single individual thought
only 1/4 has their hood on. check mate

dang.. you got me :^(

>fuccbois are wearing jungle boots

i feel like the backside of the zipper might leave a mark on your nose after wear

Anyone here familiar with boots able to lend me a helping hand? I've been trying to get help for weeks with no success :(

Speed-shilling. Impressive.

I always see Veeky Forums discussing Docs in these threads, so I thought I'd give my thoughts:

I got some 1460 monos and I'm very happy with them. I was worried at first, because of everyone complaining non-stop about chink shit, bad quality, uncomfortable, Solovair is bettaaaaah and bla bla bla... but none of that proved to be true.

To put things in perspective, I've owned SLP boots before and while the leather quality was impeccable, they felt clunky and super uncomfortable to a point where they're unwearable without an insole. Not to mention how they fucked up my heels bloody. Yes, you get the 'clown shoe' shape with the Docs, but so do Rick boots. They were comfy like sneakers right out of the box to me and if the silhouette and plastic-looking outer doesn't bother you, I would recommend them. They're good-year welted too, so I think they're adequate for moderately cold winters.

WOW Sounds great man, can you direct me on where I can purchase a pair for a low price of $130?

if you want something durable just buy military approved boots.

ill list some brands:

wellco
belleville
mcrae
danner
bates
matternhorn
magnum

i personally like bellevilles the most, you get great quality for the price, the 700 series is truly outstanding

Da fuq? I'm not your mom. Look up shit yourself nigga.

kek

Don't know about your "cold" winters, but sole of my docs 1460 cracked, when there were a little below zero celsius

Has anyone got any suggestions for some millitary type boots that are fairly cheap ~£50/60

just ordered these

Been window shopping recently. I copped those pilotenstiefel recently and I'm still waiting on them but I saw these in a look book today.

Can anyone ID these boots? They're definitely not original pilotenstiefel nor are they stony island.

These jungle boots have lasted me ages

They look like Nike tier zero sfb lunar something or other, but I have a feeling they are just black sfb's with a zip panel like the ones you can by off eBay for fixing pilots boots

take your boots off in the damn house

It's written up top, but you need a higher res pic to make it out. Looks like P-something Boots.

I sleep with my boots on.

Call the fuckin' cops, I don't give a fuck.

Which boots are Tryo wearing at this conference? Just saw them and they're all i can think about

I'm the guy who posted that image; I JUST bought my pair like 10 minutes ago, hoping they arrive soon. I'll make a review thread once they're broken in.

I've been thinking about grabbing a pair, but have heard bad things. They're liek $30, but I don't want to waste money just like anyone else.

what brand are those (rothco)?
how often/what do you do in those?
do they work well on hard smooth floor surfaces?
are they Veeky Forums if you don't lace them all the way/loose lace sloppycore? (btw, they look good as you have them)

Not that user but how much were they? They kinda look like penis heads which puts me off.

standing pic?

These are us military surp, they've lasted me the past 3 years just fine, and they still work perfectly for smooth/wet surfaces. Perfect boot to me at least. It's almost a daily wear

Maybe if you actually told us what your problem is we could help.

I realize this is Veeky Forums, but be aware that these types of boot really suck to actually wear for anything approaching work. Very hot (or cold depending on the circumstances), don't keep water out unless you are religious about wazing them, and they don't breathe, so even a little sweat and they get all sticky.

I swear this is a pic of my feet

CAN SOMEONE PLS PLS POST SOME PILOTENSTEIFEL INSPO PLSSSS

Just snapped at work

Can confirm they look like "Clown shoes", I ordered a size 10 US but when measuring it with a ruler I got an inch and a half larger.

What do you guys do with the knotting of the laces?

Do you just tie it and leave it like sneakers, hide the knot inside the boots, or tie it around the ankles?

depends on the boots and the look I'm going for

when I wear my guidi combats I'll wrap the laces as they're intended for that and the leather on leather looks cool

filson logger boots get laced to half way up the speed hooks and wrapped if I'm wearing them casually and laced all the way up if I'm doing real work in them

I would venture to say these are not original pilot boots and are modified with the tongue zipper

Now that I look at them closely they don't even have a zipper

those boots are Julius
middle piece is for imitation and the zip is at the rear of the boot

I was gonna say...
there are no zipper on those
julius, my man

Pls share pics

which memes?

These?

I already replied to you on c/n thread, maybe you could tell me what you plan on wearing with these?

Bullshit. I've worn them for years.

Water can get in, though, if you step in a puddle deeper the boot's tongue.

I recommend the ones with tread, OP; they're way better, imao.

Both these boots are so fucking ugly why do they appeal to people?

god fucking damnit I want these but the nylon will die

I did before in previous threads but no one helped.

Basically
>6'4
>UK 13 feet
>need somewhat decent priced/inexpensive boots for my first ever pair
>need recommendations that aren't too clunky and that are versatile.
>inspo would be helpful too

hopefully thats enough, if i need to provide anything else just tell me. im a newfag when it comes to boots

>be me
>buy black dbs on sale
>didn't know about sizing down

THE FUCKING GAP jfc

I would go military surplus if I were in your situation. The thin uppers of typical combat boots allows you to wear them with thinner legged pants, rather than hunting around for the appropriate pants as well. Pic is of some used surplus austrian army boots, but Jungle boots might serve you well too. Here in the states the jungle boots are a bit of a meme, but I feel like they would be less played out in the elsewhere. Either option is $30, so you wouldn't invest too much. It'd be more of a starting place than a final statement.

Speaking of non-indestructible...

Are you not supposed to wear Oxfords outside at all? Wore them when going from one party to another, for maybe a 10 minute walk. The soles seem pretty messed up after one wear..

Does anyone here have experience with Palladium? I'm considering picking these up.

Id on boots?

Normie when it comes to boots here.

I have acouple of questions on pic related so that I can learn how to search for this kinds of boots. What kind of boots are they (in terms of length, shape and the way the lace is suppose to go all around)?

Also would you guys rec me some good boots to start off my collection with (similar to that one or not). Rn I'm at uni but I'm willing to save up at most $150 for a pair of boots

I wear slim jeans since I think skinnies don't suit me. Not fat but I just think they don't suit me. Got any recommendations I can check out for jungle boots? Also Im from the UK so probably not much of a meme here from what I've seen. I wanted to get the austrian ones but I heard there's problems with people buying em especially from ebay.

Another think is I take it black boots are most versatile then.

Id recommend saving up more so you can get the perfect pair of boots, rather than settle for less.

what are those?

Nothing really stands out in terms of jungleboot, if you opt for lace in zippers (my recommendation), then go with standard eyelets.Otherwise, be aware of the quick lace models, which may be nice for daily wear (takes a while to lace the boots otherwise). Steer clear of rothco and stansport. You may want to look into the "ripple sole" pic related.

I honestly wear my brown boots more often, but that's because I tend to have less black and more blues, greys and olives in my wardrobe. It all depends I suppose.

Only advice I have is be careful if you have wide feet.

No idea my man.

Thanks alot for the help user I'll look into these. Any main difference between standard soles and ripple soles? I take it it's grip? Pic related is jungle boots right?

I'll have to try find some brands and make sure to stay clear of those. Ty Ty, those are jungle boots correct? they seem slimmer than the austrian boots.

gonna guess slp rangers

anyone have any success sanding the shine down on Dr Martens?

repostan from sneaker general

Need help with sizing some nike SFBs Veeky Forums. I'm generally between 11.5 and 12 US for sneakers. These things pretty much feel like 8" sneakers, I tried on both sizes for them wearing my thickest wool socks and both feel fine I guess, obviously the 11.5s are a tad snugger, I can just move my pinky toe around. Also according to the Nike sizing for the shoe I'm between a 11.5 and 12.

Should I go for the 11.5s? considering I was wearing my thickest socks and I could wear less thick socks with them. Plus do they stretch for anyone who has them? really need help here.

What other brands make similar shoes to LL Bean? I know Sorel but I think there was another one. Can anyone help me out?

I bought some and like them; The toe is pretty prominent on mine though, so the silhouette is different from a Dr Marten.

yep, jungleboots. they tend to have canvas uppers & two drainage holes on the interior at the mid foot bed

Can anyone recommend how to clean and condition rough out leather boots with minimal impact on the colour? I've been scrubbing them with a suede brush whenever possible, but some wear is finally starting to show, and I don't own anything that doesn't have a giant "keep away from suede" warning slapped on it.

I'd prefer personal experience answers to random articles found through googling. I really don't want to fuck up my boots as they're already starting to look a little like pic related.

they make suede cleaner
it's essentially a mild soap
you use a spray bottle or the like to dampen the boots slightly
then you use a very small amount of the cleaner to clean the boots
then a bit of water again
let them dry and then brush with the stiff bristled suede brush to restore the nap
the stuff I use is called Lincoln E-Z Cleaner and while it's mainly meant for suede, it's a great all purpose shoe cleaner

They're just SFBs in leather with a zipper insert. I believe Nike was including the zipper insert with them for a while but stopped I think? You can just buy sfbs and a zipper insert individually
The boot without zipper;
store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/special-field-mens-boot/pid-10006021/pgid-10968350

Thoughts on Solovair 11 eye derby boots vs 8 eye?

Ooo those are pretty nice

The only difference is the height senpai. I have the 11 eye and they're one of my favorite pairs of shoes I've owned. I've gotten a ton of compliments, and while they take a while to break in, they haven't hurt me feet in doing so, which I was expecting.

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

I've found bees wax seems to take any shine out of them

enjoy your chinese plastic booties lmao