Why did monotheism prevail?

Why did monotheism prevail?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jbEWuAM8oGg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because it's the truth

Polytheists can into monotheism, but monotheism can't into polytheism?

less gods to remember

You have a religion that tolerates every other religion, and you have a religion that forces you to become intolerant to all gods but one. If the latter also encourages "evangelism" it will eventually grow in number exponentially

edgy
basically this

Really good to persecute and integrate people in your empire.

It didn't. Catholicism is still very popular to this day.

ba dum tis

>
Mary isn't God.

he meant the holy trinity pablo

Simplicity, and one source of creation seems to make more sense than having multiple sources.

And most importantly, it's the truth.

>Protestantism has fallen this hard that they now deny that Jesus Christ was God
I'm white, Hans.

Nah, this doesn't work on it's own. You need the monotheist religion to take over state power first. If that doesn't happen they can't get anywhere.

Because there is only one true God.

Tell that to the people worshiping idols of her.

Those two idiots know better now.

and i'm not protestant. are catholics on this board really this pissed about protestants that they purposefully try to fish the protestants out of here using this bait this shitty?

You mean the spics? Because having a prayer and asking her to go ask God to help you isn't idolatry.

>and i'm not protestant
Atheists are the by-product of protestantism.

Literally praying to idols.

Bullshit. Atheists are spawned from Darwinism.

Maybe they gained prominence after Darwin, but they did exist before him

>worship means prayer
wew lad
Yes, and Darwin was a member of the Church of England.

Scattered about for a few centuries as a reaction against the Reformation, likely. That's about it.

Literally praying to idols.

Agreed

No?

>revolvers

You can't agree. You have to call me a faggot or something.

Hail Mary full of grace blah blah blah blah

Yeah, that's asking for Mary to go ask God to help.

Coincidence. It could just as easily have gone the other way and you'd be saying the same thing in reverse.

And by "gone the other way" I don't just mean in theological wars, either. I mean Judaism and all of its extensions could easily have been changed at their conceptions with little consequence.

Praying to idols.

Literally impossible. Such a thing can only happen in your mind because you do not understand the express will of God.

But it isn't.

why not pray directly to god

You. Idol. Praying to.

It's not a difficult concept.

They don't know Him.

Because that's not how it works.
>Praying means worship
Oh man, I'm in trouble if I want my great-grandmother to make it to Heaven?

roasted

That option ended when she died.

You're an idiot who was brainwashed from childhood to believe this crap.

>That option ended when she died.
Proofs?

You're worshiping a shitposter on Veeky Forums right now.

>when she died.
Protestants deny the existence of an afterlife, what a surprise.

You forgot to sign off.

t. Mr. Pot.

Sure, why not.

Hebrews 9
And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.

Let's see. I'm not singing, dancing, praying, clapping, adulating anyone; no, I don't think I am.

Do people die?

That doesn't answer shit.

Alive.
Die.
Judgment.

Gee, that rules out all sorts of nonsense, like reincarnation, limbo, purgatory, and your favorite, moving dead people from one place into another.

>Judgement
So that's why people pray, to put in a good fucking word for God so that she can go to heaven. Prots everyone.

>Praying for the dead.
>Not pagan.

kek

Daniel 12:2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Fixed at death.

>Praying to the dead
>pagan
>not something that most religions do
Protestants everyone

Most religions are pagan.
Including Roman Catholicism.

kek

You're an idiot dude. You're following the False Prophet into hellfire.

Comparing to other religions is nonsensical, as there are only 4 dominant ones on the planet.

saints aren't dead, they are in heaven
The more you say Catholics are going to hell, the closer you get to it yourself.

Most catholic saints are in hell.

I can say most catholics are going to hell an infinite number of times without any regard for losing my salvation.

You people are foul abominations to God.

If that's the case, using that logic, wouldn't protestantism be an offshoot of paganism meaning itself be pagan?
So all the apostles are in hell?

ITT:
>you are going to hell
>no you
>no you
>no you

>my claim to salvation is bigger than your claim to salvation!

Monotheism works when you have some sort of centralized control. One god with a chosen priest that everyone must listen to. For the Zoastrians the chosen one was the king, for the Catholics the Pope, for the Orthodox the Emperoror. There is one morality which is absolute because it's given the by God

Protestants denied a central authority figure so they kind of set up an environment where monotheism would start to collapse. Today I think the system simply cannot work. There is no central authority running the world so there can be no central God running the world. However if you did get some sort of central ruler whoever in charge would be God's chosen.

Polytheism tends to be extremely amoral and function in environments where there are multiple groups of people each with different life-styles. The God of Greg is not the God of Steve because they fundamentally have different lives.

Also part of Polytheism is the idea that a supernatural force is above the Gods in power. You know how people think about "meme magic" it's a bit like that. Relationship with the divine need not have a God and the God's power can be overturned by directly interacting with the magic realm.

Most religions are pagan.

The non- pagan ones are not pagan.

Difficult concept to grasp, I understand.

kek

There's only one, so it would have to be the same in all respects.

>All these pseudo intellectual replies
The answer is simple. The bulk of monotheistic religions have a much more realistic story than polytheistic religions.

Not really.

Monotheism is simpler. Polytheism got more complex as it matured.

Christian theology is anything but simple.

>Revolvers

Shinto, Catholics, Hindus

youtu.be/jbEWuAM8oGg

This.

Even if they had gone with a two good system with Saran being equal and opposite in power it would have made a shit load more sense.