If mom's dad was bald, you have a 66% chance to be bald

>if mom's dad was bald, you have a 66% chance to be bald
>if both your dad and your mom's dad were bald, you have a 100% chance to be bald

who /killing myself/ once the balding starts?

Shit boi does that mean I only have a 34% chance to go bald godamn.

I dont care if i go bald in my forties, i just dont wanna go in my twenties

luckily there are things nowadays that are pretty good against male pattern baldness, since its pretty unavoidable for most people

if you go to a good salon to get your haircut they're pretty good about pointing it out before it's even signficant

both my dad and moms dad are not bald. My brother is completely bald almost at age 26 soooo this isnt true.

how does that disprove what OP said? that just means there are even more things that cause baldness, not that the ones he listed aren't accurate.

see here

it doesnt technically but it shows you that looking at your families genetics doesnt mean shit. My brothers bald and literally noone else in my family is

Not true, I've heard stories of people which no hair loss in their families whatsosever going bald and vice versa. Genetics are a bitch and random.

again the fact that there are other causes does not disprove that male pattern baldness is carried primarily on the X chromosome (moms)

>primarily

Do you have a percentage though? Seems like nobody can substantiate this claim with numbers

people who are not balding are literally covering their heads from being exposed, not that they are naturally good looking, they need the hair to hide what is behind it lol

T. Hairlet

>mfw it hits you and you remember the mailman was bald

>my mom's dad was bald at 40' or 30'
> my piece of shit drunk dad still has hair
> my brother is 4 years older than me, 30 years old
> went bald at 23
> i'm 26 now, still have full head of hair, thick as shit
> feels good, i hope

>tfw both grandfathers had a good head of hair well into their life

Apparently my grandad started going bald at 19 but at 21 I still have a strong hairline after pulling it back for years

I got a buzzcut instead ha who /notkillingthemselvestodayboys/?

All the males in my family for about 4 generations back have had full heads of hair until they die

I love my life :)

>CAPTCHA: ALPHA MANLY
AhahahahahahahahahahahahHhHa

>tfw mom's dad wasn't bald even when he died at 70+

Not sure how to feel about this, my other genetic traits are fucked up though. Even if i was balding i won't be bothered by it.

I sincerely doubt the 2% prevalence of side effects as reported by Merck.
Most of my friends experienced sides while on Fin.

>tfw neither of my parents or grandparents bald, but I am going bald

>25
>still head full of hair

I just need 10 more years, I can do it

Balding comes from the mother's side ;)

Shit I read your post wrong

Why do people pride themselves upon having a full head of hair in twenties when it should pretty much be the way it is supposed to be? My alcoholic uncle that has smoked all life and hasn't lived healthy at all still has a full head of hair in his late 40's, while I see people as young as 18 losing their hair lmao.

Just lol @ your life.

Same, but didn't matter for me.

Starting thinning in early 20's but stopped it and reversed most of it with minoxidil and dermaroller, so it's not bad

kek

>Dad and all of my uncles were completely bald by 30
>Grandfathers on both sides had full heads of hair until they were stuck in the grave
dunno whats gonna happen desu

Starting to thin on the crown a little bit, hairline seems good still

My paternal grandfather and father have thick as fuck hair, but still a bit thinner on the back of the head like me, maternal grandfather and uncle from same side bald

i'm 21, what are my chances?

your little uncle would be a little bitch if he starting balding in his twenties, he would be moping around so sad he can't hide his forehead with hair

Baldness only matters if you're fat, ugly, poorly hung, and brokeass.

If you're bald, but fit, average or above, hung and are at least "blue collar" status, no woman worth fucking is going to care.

what if you're a grower but not a shower as far as the hung part

Erect length is the only length that matters.

>really fucking thick hair
>m2k-tier hairline

ITS NOT FAIR

phew ok....

>tfw mum went bald

>my grandpa is bald and his father was bald too (from moms side) also all of his brothers are bald.

>from my dads side: grandpa was full of hair with a nice widows peak all of my uncles have a head full of hair.

>mfw im starting to shed lots of fucking hairs and im 21 years old.

JUST end my misery.

My mother's dad has a fine set of silk white hair on the top of his head.
My dad is thinning with black hair at 45.

Neither started balding at a young age.
I have coconut brown hair, think Dylan Roof. Am I secure?

My mom's dad went bald
I have thick long hair at my late 20's
If I go bald I am going to an hero

>mother's father was killed by communists before able to bald
I guess I'm not going bald then.

If you care so much about your fucking hair why not just take finasteride or something?

both grandfathers on both sides of my family had full heads of hair when they died. my dad is almost 70 and isn't even close to having fully gray hair or balding and same with my mom

bro if my shit starts going i wont give a F
my head shape immaculate and im brown so i wont like a glans head ass

Lost

but you have a 66% chance of being killed by communists

>dad started balding when he was 20
>dad's dad was bald
>dad's older brother was bald
>dad's younger brother still has full head of hair in his 40s
>mom's dad started balding around 40
>both of mom's older brothers have full head of hair into their late 50s

>me, 18
>no noticeable signs of male pattern baldness, straight hairline

So when will it start?

I thought this was a myth. All the men on my mom's side are bald including her father, but my hair is very similar to my grandfather on my dad's side who has a full head of hair. I've got cousins reaching 30 on mom's side and no baldness.

Enjoy these next two years friend :/

>tfw parents and grandparents didn't experience balding or a receding hairline

My grandpas are both 70+ and have full heads of hair. Who else won lifelottery.jpeg?

Whew, finally a way in which I'm not a total genetic failure

Neither of my grandfathers went bald and my dad hasn't gone bald yet. Thanks OP

This

>mums brothers all bald by 20
>every male on dads side thick head of hair well into their 50s

its a toss up lads

Good thing both my gramps had full heads of hair well into their 70s and 80s.

Wish I inherited their height and mass, but dad is a fucking dyel manlet.

Genetics is what gives the follicles on your scalp the sensitivity to DHT(basically an ultra form of testosterone) . If they are sensitive to DHT, you'll go bald eventually. But you can also do things to reduce DHT in your body. Orgasm releases a large amount of DHT, so if you masturbate a lot, cut down on that. There's also drugs that can reduce DHT, but can have side effects that make you more feminine.

>Tfw grandfather died at 83
>He had nearly full head of hair

>Tfw father is almost 60
>He has nearly a full head of hair

I'm living on easy mode tbhfamo

>what is penetrance rate?
God i hate those charts

Just get a modern hair transplant once it's gone. No worries. Look at Daniel Tosh. The new methods are dope and do dope shit.

>tfw head full of hair and no perspective of it changing

It doesn't matter, anyway, im still 5'6

>tfw hair thick as fuck
>Wake up one day at 28. Can see the crown in the bathroom mirror.

It's like it happened over night. Everyone else has thick as fuck hair in my family. Atleast I got a beard. Time to shave my head and wear a beanie all the year around

>The new methods are dope and do dope shit.

If you have a ton of money. The average hair transplant looks like complete shit and even if you get good coverage it's very clear that it's not "natural" hair.

It's not 1998 anymore bro. Also it's a couple grand for a full top re-do. Look at any celebrity that has had it done, it looks good. See the pic you quoted and pic related
>spends thousands on clothes that will go out of style in no time
>won't save for a proper hair

>Look at any celebrity that has had it done, it looks good.
>If you have a ton of money.
>celebrities

Can you read?

The average strip method is a couple of grand yeah but there's a chance for scaring and if you're lucky yeah it'll look good. You still have to maintain it and there's a chance you'll have to go back multiple times before it's right.

Obviously if you've got infinite funds and time to take for it then it can look good. Also Lebrons hair is still fucked up, you can see it in games and he still has that hair band creep up his head.

>hair cut to 1mm
>transplant hair instead of shaving it

what a insecure babby

both grand dads died with full heads of hair
feels p. good.

No idiot, the NEW method is a couple grand, about $1-$2k per session, sessions depend on how bad. Call it $5k. KYS for being so stupid.

Just get surgery.

>tfw i have a Vegeta hairline
Jesus how do i stop this

It's a couple grand for a shitty doll hair transplant

Celebrities pay around $30k to $50k for hair transplants

What I still don't understand is why only the follicles on the top of the head are sensitive. Is there an explanation for this?

>2016
>literally this stupid
>google is a thing

Evolution fucked up.

can fin repair a shitty hairline?

>be cumskin
>Start getting bald by tha age of 25
pathetic

its not so bad you just aren't look at as a sexual being no more.

What's with kids these days?
Losing their hair at 20...

>I dont care if i go bald in my forties

Not yet.

You will.

t. approaching 40

Neither papa or grandpa are bald, I'm receding a little at 22 and my fringe isn't growing anymore.

Just being careful with hair styles but I used to buzzcut so if it comes to that I'm not going to be upset.

Agreed. People seem to think when you get older you suddenly have no life and don't care about looking good. People live to be 100 years old. 40 isn't even half way done.

>fell for the buzzcut meem and suddenly balding

just how bad is it fa

Underrated posts

Bald with long hair is aesthetic

>mfw no one mentions the main cause of baldness, DHT

Japan has a stem cell treatment coming in 2020 thatll be very affordable. Rejoice bald ones.

>mums side pretty decent hair
>dads hair started thinning in late 40s

hopefully i can hang in there until baldness is cured, though i'm not expecting my hairline to hold up perfectly

Bullshit! I'm in my early 40's and ain't bald but my dad's bald. Another myth busted.

>dad has head of hair
>grandfather has head of hair
Cool! I'm just going to deal with the Hellhole of other genetic problems my family has but at least I'll die with a head covered in hair and no memories of the effay life it had

>I'm in my early 40's
the fuck senpai? go to bed

>mom's dad is 78 and has a full head of hair
>dad's dad was thinning at the top when he died, at 76 years old
>dad is 48 and has a full head of hair
>I'm 22 and have a vegeta hairline that shows no signs of stopping

why did the universe betray me so

I think your mother betrayed your father.

Neither of my grandfathers lost any hair
but I did get a pretty high hairline from my dad and my grandfathers grey by thirty genes

I honestly see it as this; Do I want to be happy and feel confident? Then yes, I definitely think it's worth it. If you feel like your hair doesn't matter then you should really care but It's really a long term investment on how everyone will see you for the rest of your life.

>Have Leo-tier distinct sharp widow's peak
>Veeky Forums making me paranoid about temple receding but it's how my hair's always been

I seriously need some crazy new stem cell method to come out and assuage my fears

be honest senpai

can any treatment fix this?

my maternal grandfather was balding, but he killed himself before he went fully bald. i think i might follow suit, considering my hairline is already receding.

My mother's father started balding in his 50s but never went completely bald. His father had a full head of thick white hair until he died in his 90s. My father's father had a full head of blond hair until he started getting chemo, but I believe as soon as it started to thin he preemptively shaved his head. He was a mad man.

So, I probably won't go bald, but they all died of cancer, so there's that.

No, but there's a lot of theories based on evolution.

Some say it's a signaling mechanism to women that the man is used up.

Others say it's a signal to women that the man is successful, because getting to the age where you are able to go bald is a sign of wealth. Most men didn't get to become old. A bald man must have a lot of resources. And because men with more testosterone bald quicker, it might show he's more of a boss. But old age is no longer a sign of status.

Others say it's to get more sun exposure. Some people think that people who go bald tend to not get enough sunlight. Bald heads take in a LOT of sun. They get sunburnt super easy.

For some reason, however, the bald gene still exists. Considering that historically women find older men attractive, I tend to believe that there used to be something attractive about bald men.

Finstasteride. It will prevent hairs from falling out anymore, but probably won't restore your hairline. It might to a small degree, but in general, when the hairline recedes, those follicles are dead. Thinning hair is easier to treat. Take a look at the research. Some people have side effects. Also, you probably don't need to take too much to still get benefits. But the problem is that once you start you have to continue it.

Try nofap. If you are shedding hair in the shower, you might see that you shed a lot less when you are not having frequent orgasms. Test it for yourself.

There are a lot of nutritional theories that nobody can verify. Some studies show that men who are pre-diabetic bald more. Also get enough vitamin D and gelatin.

Not me because both have amazing hairlines

>I dont care if i go bald in my forties, i just dont wanna go in my twenties

That's because you think 40 is old. Anyone who takes care of themselves can look young in their 40's.