Going to tokyo in mach. staying in shinjuku. any shops/shopping suggestions...

going to tokyo in mach. staying in shinjuku. any shops/shopping suggestions? or particular items unique to or best bought there (socks, etc.)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DPC9erC5WqU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you want to go all the way to Japan just to buy socks?

im traveling there for leisure. i mentioned socks bc japan is known for them, e.g. anonymous ism. so i was wondering if there are any other pieces that japan is known for.

nope that's pretty much it

Jeans. If I ever went to Japan I'd spend way too much on jeans.

fuck that's heavyyyyyyyy

yeah, other than socks i cant think of anything japan really exceeds at

considering their shit reputation for vintage attire, techwear, and trad - not to mention home decor and stationery - I'd just not go tbqhimofam

japan only makes socks no stores are worth checking out there other than ones that sell socks really a waste of a trip in terms of shopping

oh ok
noted
sure
i just feel like there has to be more, no?

dont ignore me

I just got back from Tokyo.

If you're into sneakers and shit go to Harajuku just to look around. They have small shops that are pretty cool.

As a heads up, everything is expensive as hell so its not really worth buying too much.

Does anyone have travel tips as to maximising your time in a country. I'm looking to spend maybe 3-4 weeks there next year and would be going cheap on accommodation - backpackers, airbnb etc.

Just stay in hostels the whole time. Shits super cheap and you meet people easily.

Camping is a no go in the cities obviously, but I'm not sure if its cool in the country side (probably not tho).

nah, honestly japan is like sock central, japan literally cant make anything good other than socks, dude.

>BAPE
>BAPE
>BAPE

youtube.com/watch?v=DPC9erC5WqU

>KILLA WHALE
>KILLA WHALE
>KILLA WHALE

that watermark tho

not to glorify japan but its literally the fashion capital of the world
paris is heavily overrated
the japanese fashion scene is really organic and diverse, all the niches you could ever dream of

you should add 'if you love socks' to the end of it, because japan is definitely the fashion capital of the world when it comes to socks. anything else no, japan hasnt contributed anything other than cool sock patterns

indeed

so what are the best japanese sock brands? what stores should i go to for socks? uniqlo socks?

i literally dont even know if youre joking anymore

yeah, uniqlo probably is the greatest sock maker in the world, hands down. and the japanese uniqlo has the larger selection of socks, you'll see. as soon as you step in they'll have a section the size of an entire house just dedicated to socks.

there's also SockMeizu, WatashiSock, and sasockfabrix

i was never joking about japan's socks
ok cool, i was going to go to my local uniqlo but ill hold off. if you have the address to these places id be forever grateful.

sure dude, here's the one i went to
Japan, 〒107-0052 東京都港区赤坂9 Chome−7, 9丁目7−4 東京ミッドタウン B1F Tokyo Midtown
its totally worth going to japan to visit uniqlo, it's literally a sock dream in there, man. you'll like it. as a sock connoisseur, i highly highly suggest it.

I'm probably not much of a camper anyway. Thanks

Theres a shop in harajuku thats on the second floor of a building with a large clothing store. I believe the first floor store was named Jeans Mate but I forget. A Nigerian runs the store on the second floor and sells top tier knockoffs of shitty overbranded fuccboi wear. BAPE, HBA, and timberlands for some reason. The guy is really cool, if you mention "One love" he will hook it.

is it true that undercover is at affordable prices in japan

lol yellow fever faggot
hope u get aids from those chinks kek

Tshirts still start at $90.

OP if you really want fancy socks try going to United Arrows or Beams. Uniqlo will be your best bet tho, I bought a shit to when I was there. Also Shinjuku is a shithole, be prepared to get hassled by Nigerian pimps.

no, nothing is cheaper, just better selection

There's some cool vintage shops in shimokitazawa.

shinjuku is cool although super expensive. also if you're at all overweight prepare to struggle to find anything, i'm a manlet and i still had to buy japanese xxl