Memes aside, what are some trends you predict for [2017]?

Memes aside, what are some trends you predict for [2017]?

same as in 2007

corduroy trousers will be the next hype after the ripped jeans ting

Matching personalised accessories with your personality on a radical scale

ironic branding, adventure hats, nike & reebok

TERRORWAVE screencap this

>ironic branding
this was already fucking huge in 2016
considering the current trends, streetwear is going to be even bigger, there will be ton of more 'hype small brands' and everything with big gaudy logos and other 'iconic' features that clearly show that yes, this is indeed brand 'x' will be still huge
basically go check out grailed 'grail fits' blog, that's what 2017 is going to look at least in Veeky Forums

no

t. sadboy

grailed is disgusting but this is actually possible

My prediction is that ironic memeing gets relegated to facebook. Because of that normcore and anything else post-ironic, like dadhats, die too. We go back to trying to look nice instead of saying "this can look nice too."

Streetwear is more prevalent than ever, but not actually fashionable. [spoiler]Ricks are still a mistake.[/spoiler]

Cropped pants are unavoidable at this point. Instead of a wave or core, fits with one or two more "out there" items will be cool. The term punk makes a comeback. For all of this see pic related.

Normies keep dressing like trash
Meme hair cuts on guys stick around because guys are lazy and don't bother changing styles. Expect something for dealing with post faded sides and potentially buns going away at best.
I could see that for fashion, not normie trends.

As far as fashion goes I'm interested in what happens at Saint Laurent, the new designer will either throw in his own influence and really change things around or just mindlessly make what he's told. Big potential for either.

branding has always been big. It's people's way of confirming their purchase and feeling good about their clothes.

Trends are memes faggot

I predict colours. People will start working more with colours and less with black, white and grey.

so gosha, vetements & off-white with business casual?

The year of the hat

ultraboosts gonna be as common as roshes

if they drop in price they might, at least half the appeal of roshes to the masses was the price

>Cropped pants are unavoidable at this point
How did you manage to travel back in time to 2015? That's incredible.

>punk/grundge
lmao it´s a new punk/grundge trend every year

stripped trousers. like trousers with one stripe either side

1997/1998 styles

Hoppe Core is gonna be huge

durags 2017

Is it bad if I recognize where OP's pic is from

Delet this

NMD's maybe.
Ultra Boosts are way too expensive to be as popular as roshes.

Fashion is only getting more and more feminine. I'll give it till the end of 2017 before some form of guy skirt becomes mainstream fashion

Patches are becoming a much more noticeable trend so I suspect those will become a new "thing."

Loosewave will come and go very quickly as normie teens will buy into the hype but then quickly realize they can't show off their bodies with it

Purple will replace pink as the hot meme color (I desperately want to wear pink again)

Sneaker hype may die down, especially Adidas

Agreed. The oversized, long tees have already started the push towards this silhouette, the next step is a defined waistline instead of just draping over.

no. normies only buy roshes because they're cheap. your average guy won't spend 180 in sneakers.

>Sneaker hype may die down, especially Adidas
Not at all. Especially when adidas is currently dominating the lifestyle trend and lifestyle is in.

>normcore dies

blis no

Is this HHH?

Early 2000 bleached spikey hairstyles and flame shirts coming back into fashion

Dick drawings on shirts

That's Steven Kinsella you nonce

wew lads

requires having a personality, fashion is about making up for a lack of one.

Long tees are dead tho

Faded neon will come back

Street will decline, hopefully gone by 2020

Floral patterns bordering white anything

Varsity jackets like this may come back but without much urban influence

I just want careercore to finally hit the mainstream again but people dress too much like shit for it to do so

What's careercore?

nah, that'll be 2021

it'll be 1997core next year

Business-type fits. It's usually centered around your occupation and what you would normally wear to work. If your occupation revolves around something you couldn't possible wear ever second of the day than a simple button down with a tie and dark colored jeans would also work.

God tier hentai scene

But those aren't off-white pants, those are SLP. can you seriously buy off-white strap ons SEPARATELY?

dudes that are "into" fashion start dressing like 90s boy bands. girls that are "into" fashion start dressing like the spice girls. streetwear will be normie asf and have to evolve to stay relevant. if youre in aus and want to take a risk invest in an ironic 1990s billabong longsleeve lol.

No, it's

yeah its a belt u dummie

Wishful thinking but I really do hope normcore dies (at least on this board. I don't see it a lot in real)

Cropped pants are already staples and fits that uses one "out there" item coupled with some basics are common too though and not really a prediction

Probably. Tailored pants are more and more common (at least where I live) and now the houses have to spice it up

Ty but still lol

also finally an interesting thread on Veeky Forums

oh no

Fanny packs or something similar. Need something effay to put my phablet.

Nippleless shirts, an invention of mine

i predict trump will legalize crack smoking and im wayyyyyy intonit already

This was already done in Mean Girls 30 years ago, liar.

catch up

pls b in london

If this thread dies before 100 then this board is seriously dead

colourwise yellow and apple-green will be trending.

also: trump-core

You niggers, I didn't say I invented cropped pants, but that they are going to be a big part of 2017 fashion.

>fits that uses one "out there" item coupled with some basics are common too
They are supposed to be, but have you been to our inspo threads? pic related again.

yeah you're right on that bro, what I mean is that it's already a staple and it will continue be through 2017. I thought we were just mostly predicting new trends itt, idk

And nah haven't been to the inspo thread but I'm interested. I don't really see any "out there" piece in your pic tho

That's what I mean, this basic shit has been dominating inspo threads and WAYWT's. It's not bad, but it's getting pretty boring.

Easy- y2k aesthetic.

I hope not soon, I still wanna be original for a bit.

post example

Men wearing ponchos. Ponchos in general. Women have already worn them more frequently, but there will be an overall increase

Cool pic user
Mid rise pants coming back

I'm with you on that. All basics and normcore (latter is definitely the worst offender) need to go

I hope so too. They are daring and can be considered an "out there" piece

ok i got to ask what's the pic from

>ok i got to ask what's the pic from
Seems to be from a hentai, don't know which because doujin masterrace.

just reverse image search it

Tripple buns
or numerous buns to form a mowhawk

I think fit bodies will become more "in" and the coddling of fatties will finally end.

Mezzo forte

This. I can't wait.

Chav/Slavcore

more basic sneakers start to become popular again over techy ones

To add on this as a different person air max 95s, and 97s are going to be huge soon mark my words.

you're both right.

I think "classic" nike and adidas models will become huge again

>AF1
>air max 90-tn
>AJ1s
>gazelles
>sambas
>EQTs

basically 90s early 00s chav resurgence. baggy track suits, sock tucking and all. you can already see it coming

Western lefties embrace Maocore

Name tags

>tfw pic related didn't get a sex scene

they implied that was her sister right?

This but proportions are going to be tighter and its going to be less about branding. So no one is going to be looking like stormzy, its going to be mono tone.

To add on Im really excited for this trend and im going to pick up some air maxes soon.

I guess I'll have to watch it again.

this

actually unironically wearing these already.
except metal and ABS ones like you'd see on an officer

but that was 20 years ago.

London will become a hot spot with fashion. I think palace will start to become insanely popular I think A cold wall will also become pretty big

wtc plant

>London will become a hot spot with fashion
hehe
>palace will start to become insanely popular
hehe

blundstones will return and normies will ruin sherpa jackets

filas and reebok will be back
yeezy hype will decline
loosewave
long-sleeve under short-sleeve normcore shit

Dior sinks into obscurity.
Galliano's Margiela becomes even more successful.
Resurgence in dark avante garde 'artisinal'(but not rick) fashion to counteract the gaudyness of streetwear and trashy chic labels like Gosha/vetements.
Gosha will will become more popular however Vetements will become china town tier meme brand.
Designer Sneakers will plateau as a trend if not lose popularity. Resurgence in people wearing boots. Vacarello's SLP will sink into obscurity.
Prada will face further share problems as will Hugo Boss. Renewed interest In Chinese and Korean designers.
Rafs menswear will suffer again due to being at CK.

techwear trends will see some mainstream attention

>Vetements will become china town tier meme brand

pls let this happen

Also, normies will adopt pale/loosewave sometime mid year and fuck it up somehow.

already are kinda u peon

been doing this since the summer, this bout to be the wave

It's all just made up by some corporate editors at WGSM, all the trends are set years in advance. Tbh internet culture is the most interesting and organic influence on fashion.

Anyone over 21 doing this will be seen as a massive child

literally all of this is trendy already in England, the rest of you are laggards

Minimalistic slightly oversized clothes skinny jeans are done almost halfway through 2017