Can one person save or destroy the entire nation?

Can one person save or destroy the entire nation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fgm14D1jHUw
youtube.com/watch?v=5LitDGyxFh4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes.
See Ataturk as a positive.
Mugabe as a negative.

Yes to both. If they are a dictator.

Is there literally anyone that could be considered a worse leader than mugabe?

Hitler.

Not even memeing.

>inherit a republic in need of some repairs, but with a recovering economy and fairly good foreign relations
>end your rule with the entire country bombed to shit, and Soviet infantry a few blocks away from the Fuhrerbunker

for me as a german i would say wilhelm ii last emporer of the german empire

I answer you question with another.

Where is the Austro-Hungarian Empire today?

Atatürk saved Turkey.

From what?

From the British

From turkish rule.

yes

Literally Hitler

But even with a dictator, you'll need people to follow the orders, right? Individuals don't exist in isolation, I think the answer is no.

from picrelated

It's never too late.

Gavrilo Princip destroyed at least 4 so yes.

Unfortunately Istanbul now has more inhabitants then the whole of greece.
Snatching it away from asia minor, if needs be by making it an own state would be tempting tho.

That whole fuckery in Bosnia was inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, the greats were sabre rattling for a long time by then, the blood gods of imperialism and jingoism were demanding their blood tax.

The lone assasin murders the prince of the people which leads to a devestating war?
Fortunatly no one is that popular except in a shakespearian play

Gorby. He just wanted pizza.
youtube.com/watch?v=fgm14D1jHUw

Really, that's not much worse than any other leader whose reign ended with a losing war.

there are ways

Yes.

AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=5LitDGyxFh4

Stanislav Petrov saved the entire world from anihilation

Nuclear guy, right?

This

>fairly good foreign relations
What was the treaty of Versailles?

No. There are always political parties behind the success or failure of historical movements. Hitler didn't load the jews to the gas chamber; the postwar buttfuckery, depression, the liebensraum and the general antisemitism in Europe did it. Hitler is just the pretty face we put to the whole mess, as a pedagogical tool.

That's not to say that there can't be personal excellence, or that there's heavy mechanilistic determinism based on one's fortunate birthplace and socioeconomic position. Human is both an individual and a part of the World at large.

Can a single man change the World? Of course. Even if it's subtle, this world would be different if it had one less user on it. For better or worse, that can only be decided by an Absolute observer out of this world.

As your position within a hierarchy rises, so does your power to contribute to the World. But this power is political; and thus it's no longer "one person" when brought to bear. When the president relaxes energy regulations, there's Exon and power companies lobbying behind it. When Duke Ferdinand was assassinated, it was the Austrian people who rose up in righteous indignation and used the product of over thirty years of military build-up to engulf Europe in bloody war. Processes, not People.

I'm Historical Idealist and proud of it.

Not the end of the world? The reparations were a constant source of trouble with Britain and France (because Germany would not pay denbts), but put it naturally in line with the Americans in foreign policy. It had friendly relations with the Soviet Union and Italy, it's relations with the Nordic Countries were better then ever, and it enjoyed a good reputation with the proto-third world.

Yes.

But a single wrong decision by Hitler could destroy his nation.

So one person can destroy an entire nation and did.

Someone from either US or Russia. It just takes one nuke launch.

Bad meme

>What was the treaty of Versailles?
the reason they had fairly good foreign relations

Except Hitler started the war himself.

One person destroyed the monarchies of Europe and smashed their power forever. I doubt he had any idea what he set would set off tbqh.

Are you serious? He didn't destroy jackshit. The superpowers were just looking for an excuse to go to war. It was just a matter of when.

t. fachito ignorante