People you wish you could go back in time and save

People you wish you could go back in time and save.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_the_Exile
twitter.com/AnonBabble

George V?

I would have Cassander killed in bed

Read the filename, fuckwad

Myself

Fucking hell, lad, try to understand a joke.

I always want a Jew wife

THIS

beat me to it
they would have always been a shit band no matter what you tried to do

Stop parading around your illiteracy. If you don't know enough about a topic it's better to just shut the fuck up and let more educated people speak.

Tenth Crusade when? Then, that's when.

Franz Ferdinand were alright as far as contemporary British bands went.

Her face is stupid

Literally did nothing wrong

Yee senpai, they wuz cuzinz.

Shit, I fucked up the filename by two Louies. I meant Louis XVI. Louis XIV was based and died of old age.

Germanicus

Fuck George. He could have saved him.

Robespierre deserved what he got.

Fuck him and his l'incoruptible shit

SEMEN STAINS THE MOUNTAINTOPS

Marcus Aurelius Severus Alexander Augustus

we should have never occupied Bosnia in the first place

Kek

HITLER WUZ BLACK I KNEW IT

Fuck that commie shit.
When will this meme end?

He was the future of our country and comunists killed him

shes looks like an old spinster at fucking age 12

This

All the good Roman Emperors.

came to post this
he didn't deserve any of that fucking shit

came to post this

t. not Jeff

Nobody forced him to fucking climb the Alps

>you will never go back in time and rescue Joan of Arc in the nick of time
>you will never put out the creeping flames and greet her with a laid back "Salut"
>you will never reassure her
>you will never toss her into the arms of an ally and tell them to flee from the English
>you will never hold off the English knights and beat them up barehanded to corny 80's disco pop funk

c'est la vie

How the FUCK was emperor Majorian not mentioned.

Holy shit what this nigga said, i want Robespierre to see this Revolution through the end

I never understand the love of Tsar Nicholas II. Now the communists were awful but they only got into power due to the sheer idiocy and blatant incompetence of Tsar Nicholas II. Yes he had a loving marriage and loved his kids. I'm sure that really comforted all the peasants whose sons never came home from war. I'm sure as they watched their children waste away from starvation they still thought Tsar Nicholas II was a swell guy. I'm glad he's dead, I'm glad Anastasia died with him and I hope he got shot last after watching his children die. Rot in hell Tsar.

I guess people love him because he seems to be a family man type ?

To be fair he truly loved his family and was by all accounts a loving and caring father but for christsake he was an awful ruler. He let Rasputin into the inner circle because he was so desperate to save his son's life he let a homeless Siberian mystic make policy decisions. Think of George W Bush, by all accounts he is a funny, kind person and everyone whose met him loves him. Doesn't change the fact that he invaded Iraq.

Moot?

He was a friendly guy that would have been remembered fondly by those that knew him had he not been put in a position of power.
Remove him and his family from power, and he's a good human being worth saving.

delet this

Stupid Hitler and his shitty decisions

This

AAAAY LOVE YOU JEEEESUS CHRIIIIIST

Bound to happen when you mix violent oppression, starvation, and war

Truly a hero in a world of villians

Then you'd probably be happy to hear that he was shot first and died instantly while his family's massacre immediately after was agonizing and terrifying.

Finish Tank Attacks you dead fuck

I want to save Timur the Lame from succumbing in the winter he set off to invade Ming China. Chink shits would get fucking rekt.

Wow that's so beautiful and yet so sad. The Romanovs are the only royal family that are good looking, the rest look inbred.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_the_Exile

start shit get hit, Nicky

Calling Nicholas incompetent is a compliment. He actively made awful decisions all the time, he wasn't just mismanaging Russia or appointing shit representatives, he actively ran the country into the ground by going back on promises to the people, dissolving parliaments for calling him out on his stupid bullshit and then when strong leadership was needed the most he made himself commander in chief of the army and fucked off to the war because governing was too stressful, and then the war started going even worse under his piss-poor leadership.

His dad intentionally held off on teaching him how to rule to avoid being usurped but that's only an explanation, not an excuse. Russia could have been saved even without amazing skill, just a couple of not fucking awful decisions being made could have kept things from falling to pieces.

Here's the real deal. Still kind of a dumbass with a habit of doing the worst thing at the worst time but he seems like a genuinely intelligent and kind-hearted person whose problem was simply lacking the temperament to rule. The poor bastard didn't know when to bend and when to stay strong so he just kind of winged it when he could work up the nerve and almost always chose the worse times to grow a spine. He'd post on /r9k/ for sure if he lived in our time.

This glorious bastard is my hero. I suspect he probably had some kind of personality disorder or was on the edge of the spectrum but his integrity was amazing.

If everybody listened to Robespierre the revolution could have been so wonderful, but instead he was left trying to salvage everybody else's mistakes to the point where reconciling his beliefs with what was happening made him mad. Even at the end though he wasn't entirely wrong and was killed by the real bad guys. All the worst atrocities were carried out by the guys who killed Robespierre and that's why they did it. He was calling them back to Paris to answer for what they did so they killed him.

I wish I could save her in some sort of time machine.

What the hell's up with reactionaries and their fixation for Nicholas II? He was a horrible ruler and him being a good father and a husband doesn't change anything.

>b-but look how dashing he looks
>b-but commies being bad for Russia somehow makes Nicholas good
>nevermind the millions of people he fucked over, somebody think of the tsar and his poor family!
>b-but muh dead monarchs ;_;

If you seriously want to cum your pants over a monarch then why not choose somebody like pic related?

THE ONLY GIRL I EVER LOOOOVED

He just couldn't fucking get over his fetish for being the new Alexander or some shit and he just had to not be wearing armor that day, fuck.

>His dad intentionally held off on teaching him how to rule to avoid being usurped but that's only an explanation
Wat? Did he think his son was gonna usurp him?

See >>He was a friendly guy that would have been remembered fondly by those that knew him had he not been put in a position of power.
Remove him and his family from power, and he's a good human being worth saving.

The fucker abandoned his empire in a time of great turmoil.

If I could go back in time to save him I would do it just so that I could murder him with my own hands.

Well, I've never found a concrete explanation as to why he was never taught to rule, only that he wasn't and that the plan was to wait until he was 30, only he came to the throne in his 20s, so so much for that.

If there's no source giving that specific explanation around anywhere I must have just made the connection in my head because it made sense at the time. Why else would the future ruler of Russia be deprived of an education in ruling?

yeah but that just makes him one of the millions of nice friendly guys that died horribly and are worth saving. If you're gonna save a person just based on him being a "nice guy", why does it have to be Nicky? Poor fucking excuse for constantly bringing him up and complaining about how he was treated

I remember reading somewhere that it was because he wanted him to enjoy his youth

He might have had a fun youth, but everything post-succession must have been a nightmare for the man. Imagine the anxiety of being at the head of so much shit and having no clue what you're doing. I think it's a wonder that these guys don't go nuts.

But then I suppose you can always go too far the other way. Ludwig II's dad pushed his sons to be hardcore men of action and look how that turned out.

But he didn't die, user. He was rescued by an angel and put in suspended animation, Half Life 1 style.

>Imagine the anxiety of being at the head of so much shit and having no clue what you're doing. I think it's a wonder that these guys don't go nuts.
but never did he want to consolidate power to his ministers but instead centralized more power to himself. Oh the poor man! Nicky was truly a victim

Because Nicky was a cute.

yeah it always boils down to that but nobody wants to admit it

>he doesn't want to give in to the evil ministers and is brave enough to do the only thing that's right and good so he clearly is the villain himself

stop bullying

That's the real killer, the one thing he had drilled into his head like so many other monarchs, was that above everything else the crown ruled by divine right and that he had to uphold the 'natural order.'

It was this thinking that caused the French Revolution too. Louie said that he 'couldn't betray his nobility' even though it was probably the right thing to do. There's a whole load of other stuff at work there though so it's best not to go too far into it.

He wasn't assassinated I just want to give him a hug.

Is that true? I thought he was seized by the Bolsheviks.

What the fuck man

But in nearly every thread about Nicky, someone mentions how cute he was in the first five posts or so.

>English Knights

It was the French who burned her.

Nicky was a manlet cuck.

This nigga. Brazil wouldn't be nearly as shitty if he wasn't prematurely deposed by his autistic generals.

He was a good boy, dindu nuffin.