How does it feel knowing the Humanities is filled with SJWs/Pretentious idiots...

How does it feel knowing the Humanities is filled with SJWs/Pretentious idiots, wont pay well and is near useless compared to other fields?

Feels good, because I went STEM and only study history as a hobby.

Because I don't base my lifestyle off the materialistic gain it can bring and meeting people with different opinions doesn't bother me.

t. STEMlord

At least I dont went the normie route of 9 to 5 career, enjoy your boring life

Then stop screaming that I should pay for your college

>studying the Western canon is useless

Do the SJWs really study Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Cicero, Plotinus and so on?

>How does it feel knowing the Humanities is filled with SJWs/Pretentious idiots
Pretty bad, they are a nuisance that hampers development.
>wont pay well and is near useless compared to other fields?
Kek who cares, I'm loaded already.

Perfectly okay, since I'm not going into humanities.

I'm studying humanities to get into law school and it's actually not bad. Taking philosophy right now and people are pretty chill, some adopted liberal ideologies but they're not SJW tier.

I see a lot more SJWs in courses like Creative Writing or History in the field of Humanities. Strangely enough, there are tons more SJWs in business courses. STEM probably has the least SJWs.

I assume it depends on what particular major that person is taking and the reasons behind that decision.

fucking STEMfags if anyone ever deserved to be redirected to reddit its you mindless sheep

i'm thinking of going economy instead of history
least i'll find a job

>unironically using "SJW"

boi

>I see a lot more SJWs in courses like Creative Writing or History in the field of Humanities. Strangely enough, there are tons more SJWs in business courses.
In my experience business has the least sjws actually, and there's basically none in history either (lots of actual commies tho). STEM (well maths and physics anyway) has a lot of the beta whiteknight fags type of sjw, and oh god literature is like 98% full of them. Political sciences is also pretty bad, but it also has lots of anti sjw types. Surprisingly medicine is one of the most conservative faculties here, you'd think they'd be bleeding hearts and instead they're all cynical as fuck.
I suppose it changes a lot for each uni tho.

>and oh god literature is like 98% full of them
Is it that bad? I'm actually thinking of minoring in Literature because while I'm very much interested in it, I also need the units for a particular law school I want to go to. From what I've heard, a lot of girls are in Lit and the possibility of having a class with mostly Tumblr type people frightens me.

He never said that.

>Surprisingly medicine is one of the most conservative faculties here, you'd think they'd be bleeding hearts and instead they're all cynical as fuck
explain

you know your future is fucked when you criticize what fields to study by what other people study them

I studied economics, didn't find any of whoever the "SJW" spook is supposed to refer to, and got a job in a well paying multinational.

Economics is bullshit though, and i hate working for others, i should have studied programming instead.

>Is it that bad?
Worse. I should specify that only modern lit is affected. I know a few people into classics and philology and for the most part they're rather serious people.

>explain
What's to explain? I used to think that doctors tended to be caring people, from their choice of profession. People use to say that medicine is almost a vocation. Then you think of the medicins sans frontiers types (which make up like 95% of the medicine stands at students fairs) and you imagine people with a very communitarian mindset, which lends itself to all kind of sjw bullshit. Instead it appears that most med students are very much the misanthropes, it's all fucking immigrants should be shot, drunkards need to be shut in a room for a week with 50L of grappa, retards need to be sterilized, old people must be killed while they're still young, etc. It's fucking hilarious. I think they lose their love for humanity somewhere around when they start doing clinical rotations and they have to deal with the scum of society on a daily basis.

>Humanities is filled with SJWs/Pretentious idiots,
Don't give a fuck

>wont pay well
I'll earn an average salary for 2 years, and then I'll make big money for 5, so I can't really relate to this

>is near useless compared to other fields?
Got a great job. Can't relate.

Perhaps you should leave your house OP, and check the real world.

t. Sociologist

Well I guess that's one way to look at it, but I always figured being around the dead and dying, along with dealing with the woefully ignorant and dregs of society would make one callous and bitter.

Seriously. I'm a counselor and humanities are the foundation of understanding other people and transmitting the shit they need to not annoy the fuck out of themselves and others.

Nice definition.

Unrelated to original post though.

UNIVERSITY EDUCATION IS A MODERN ANOMALY

USELESS MEME FOR GOOD GOYIM

Most SJW's don't go into actual History courses but instead move into fake shit like women's/gender/African/etc studies. It's really not a big problem.

As for the pay, if you get a PHD and become a professor at a university you can usually make some damn good money and even regular teaching is decent, reliable income. But you're right, most jobs from a history degree don't pay much, but hell, do what you love and all that, right?

t. SJW

That's how it should be done. Humanities education isn't for employment, it's to learn. If you want to actually get employed, go to a trade school or study something useful at a university like engineering

>t. engineer

This is how it should be.
As soon as you become a "professional" philosopher or whatever you instantly go into bullshit territory and wasted years of your life on a useless degree.

>People using a reddit meme
>People using a reddit meme as an insult
>People think calling someone a lord is a bad thing

Except you did. It's just that you haven't realized your useless degree wont get you a good job.

>You are mindless for understanding how the world and universe work
You realize how retarded you sound right?
Of course you don't, you are a humanities major, you probably have a feminist rally to attend.

You would probably learn more doing psychology or something like that.

>History
>Hobby
This is why stupid shit like "who is the best 10 generals" threads are a fucking thing.

I think SJW must be an Anglo/Post-protestant phenomenon because in Catholic euro-countries it's harder to find them. They're here, but not as numerous or as loud.

The only history class that had SJW in it was history of the holocaust. Besides course the others have had people who were pretty nice and accepting of others opinions.

> i should have studied programming instead.

Yeah being at risk of being replaced by foreigners constantly who doing the same work but much less constantly is pretty great.

Actually a degree in programming is the most wanted degree in America right now.

But all those types of studies are legit though if you actually put effort into the job market and making yourself marketable though.

I know people in those three fields that are doing pretty great because they knew how to apply their studies to their jobs.

>Legit
They are near useless and there are 10 times more people wanting the job than are available.

No it's not.
Serious study and findings of history is impossible if you treat it as a "thing on the side".

Do you think all those scholary studies on history are written by reading some secondary sources?
You guys have no clue what happens in the history department. If you think it's a Marxist echochamber, it really goes to show how you've never left the toolshed of your faculty.

No. It requires serious time and effort to study primary sources. That requires a greater background than just knowing the timeline of human history.
And by turning history into an actual field of study we were able to accumulate so much in the last couple of centuries. Before that it was indeed stepmotherly treated and resulted in not much more than annals, chronicles and biographies.
And those who did make serious strides were all aristocrats who didn't need to do a job.
And no, STEM's are not landed gentry, as much as they like to think.

>Humanities major trying to call anyone else a fedora
This is so ironic it's amazing.

STEM majors are probably more helpful in actual history discovery than humanities majors and considering nearly all history majors don't get the opportunity to actually do the shit you described it's amazing how you are trying to justify your shit major.

Well... How are they helpful?

Archoelogy requires a lot of science user.

radiocarbon dating wouldn't be a thing without le euphoric meme majors.

Any form of objective dating you idiot.
>Calls others fedora

That's obvious, but also a retarded way of stressing your relevance to the study of the human past. It's like saying the Jewish deli aided in the theory of relativity because he provided Einstein with the necessary nutrients to come up with the theory.

Plus, archeology is an actual seperate field, just so you know.
It can help in the study of history, but it does not offer the full picture. You can't just delegate the entire study of the human past to the glorious STEMs doing it in their past time and tomb raiders.
You need people studying the texts. Go into the archives for the study of the culture, it's religion, literature, and so forth.

Or are you STEM's all gonna do the actual excavations and the hours of archive work too in your past time?

Excavation equipment doesn't just appear out of thin air

>capitalism is what made us great, fucking SJW disgust me
>specialization is what we need and let the free market take its course
>no you can't have a specialized field for history!!!! aaaarghhhh it's supposed to be done by all!! what if someone has a marxist reading we're all doomed!

Holy shit I'm glad I don't meet folks like you guys ever in real life.
Not that I would ever meet you, since you're all in your mansions reviewing energy drinks online.

And so do cars who drive us to the actual site!
Oh, and clothes. I can't imagine what slave labour it would be to dig up a Celtic site in the north of France without having some boots and a shirt on.
Thank god for clothing chains and their designers. They really contribute greatly to the study of the human past.

You seem a bit insecure.

Well yeah.

No need to thank us though, the high pay and good feelings from contributing towards improving the world are all we need :^)

You'd think so but I already do that and relating it to the human experience takes a lot of words and concepts to really hit home.

>ahhaa, we provide tools so u cant do anything without us ;) what's that computer ur using? guess it wasnt made by a historian ;)

Why these commonplace fucking listings of equipment?
Why do you wanna be acknowledged as the 'indispensable' cog in the machinery of modernity? If anyone is having an issue, it's you guys.

If we wanna continue down this road: without farmers you'd be spearchucking. They're the real heroes.
This is an absolutely useless discussion.

You are mad and stupid.
Scientists are required to actually do the dating and the recovering. Don't pretend like it isn't hugely important.

I'm sorry Mr. Buffet, how many stock trades do you make a year?

>Someone mentions science is important
>Get butthurt
kek.

maybe you shouldn't have been so butthurt that someone said the truth lmao

Except I don't. Where do I consider any of that unimportant?

This is just engineers wanting to hear they're the backbone of society.
You just wanna have good boy points again, but that's mommy's job, not historians.

also a scum engineer with history as a hobby here.

But they are?

>How are they helpful
>People post reasons
>Get mad

Good because I'm an SJW and I'm going to get to live through our version of the Chinese Cultural Revolution

It's important yes. I never claimed it was unimportant.

The whole arguement here is that "history is a frivolity".

But what's the use of technology's progress if not to provide humanity with a more comfortable existence? And what is comfort if not filled with 'useless' frivolities.
For example, have you guys ever travelled and seen how much tourism centers around historical sites? Are STEM's gonna run those museums? Organize exhibitions? Provide those tours at the temple complexes?

You people are retarded to think there's only two options for historians or anyone in the humanities: becoming a professor or an unemployed SJW.