What the fuck is up with the overwhelming amount of "cop online" shit on this board...

What the fuck is up with the overwhelming amount of "cop online" shit on this board? I'm sick of fashion being mad a lonely, autistic pursuit. Yeah, I get that the world is interconnected and you can mail order your Ricks or whatever, but what about going out, into your community, and finding cool places to shop?

i dont wanna pay tax when i dont have to

But you'll pay shipping

not if its free shipping over x amount and most sites do that

People who work in expensive clothing stores don't seem to like me.
Employees look at me weird when into nice boutiques. Its probably cause I'm young and carry a backpack and have a grungy style.
My clothing is high-quality and pretty expensive, but that doesn't seem to matter to them. Apparently you have to be decked out in rick or vetements for them to think you won't try to shoplift.
I'm friendly and I smile a lot too! Why do these people hate me?
Pic related is me, wearing a typical outfit. Do I really look that sketchy?

>the old grailed layout

they went and fucked it all up. fucking dicks

I like the outfit user. Honestly I don't get it either cause with all this fear of god shit and other hype brands making people wear clothing in tatters and looking like homeless people it shouldn't be an issue. I think they just get tired of tons of people coming into the stores just to look and take pics that they get to the point where unless you're visibly wearing something worth lots of money they assume you're just another person not in the store to actually shop

Every employee in any high fashion place is a fucking cock sucker. Its part of the job etiquette.

have you tried not having autism?

One good reason is because people aren't willing to make a pilgrimage just to buy a shirt.

it's easier to find sales online

the only good things about going to stores is being able to try things on

What's nice is that because this shit is now more accessible, you have a lot of people who fuck up on sizing and styling so it ends up in other's hands for way cheaper.

They do not give a fuck about you and you're just projecting your own insecurities and spaghetti spilling personality onto your environment. I wear 90% fast fashion zaratrash and I've never felt what you're describing, especially not in luxury flagship stores.

I usually buy online from End because they don't fuck Australia over, but I do support the local shops where I can. There aren't any good ones where I live so I shop online and then when I'm in Sydney I'll go to the physical store. IRL will always be the best, usually its a good experience talking to the owner

if a long and thought-out response means I have autism, so be it. Fuck you

I'm not insecure, I'm genuinely confused. What stores do you go to? What area are you in ?

Meant for

I think it's mostly that sales associates can instantly profile the type of people based on what they want.
People who come in to drop serious money are usually gonna know what they want. Dude walks into Barneys and wants the leather SLP biker jeans. If you look like you're browsing and you don't really ask any questions you're easily classed as someone not likely to buy big.

That makes total sense, thank you. I guess I wish the employees would be more understanding toward the idea that people will want to try things on and browse a bit. Not only is it fun, but it's smart. Dropping an insane amount of cash on clothing at a moments notice is fucking stupid. I spend an atrocious amount of money on clothing, as do many Veeky Forums posters. It's important to realize this and make sure you're spending on stuff you really truly love

>Apparently you have to be decked out in rick or vetements for them to think you won't try to shoplift.

maybe you shouldn't walk into retail stores with a backpack on
thats literal flag 1 for suspicious person

>crossed legs and arms
>being paranoid about the behaviour of fucking sales assistants
>(incorrectly) overanalyzing harmless everyday interactions
>"Why do these people hate me?"

You literally have autism.
Unless people actually searched your backpack or tell you to leave, which they didn't.

sales assistants in fashion stores (even in fast fashion mall shit) are there to help if you ask them to, they're not there to target you and pressure you into buying shit. you're not at a fucking gamestop you manchildren.

>into your community, and finding cool places to shop?
there's your problem. there is nothing here. thread closed.

You people on Veeky Forums really don't understand how autism works

Again -- if contributing a long and thought out response about how I truly feel means I have autism, so be it. Fuck anyone who thinks that's an issue.

I mean yea but I have my synth and laptop in there

rick store in LA has really friendly employees

>shopping as a social activity

fucking muricans

no, being incredibly insecure and over-analyzing the minute details of a social interaction means you have autism.

How else you gonna socialize with a fashion interested potential gf if you don't social shop

Op, you're stupid. Some of us live in small hick towns that sell solely simply southern in every store.

I'm not insecure though ! I'm very comfortable with how I am. If you view my response as over-analyzation I guess that's fine, but i'm a pretty easygoing person. I can see why you'd think otherwise though, my post did sound kinda wordy

All the employees in the NY Rick store are gay so they're all friendly. The security guards followed me around the store a couple of times before though.

>I guess I wish the employees would be more understanding toward the idea that people will want to try things on and browse a bit.

A lot of luxury stores work on an up-based commission system. That means that if an associate is helping you browse, they have to pass on the next walk-in and potentially miss out on a chinese exchange student.

yeah but whoever posted that dresses like a fucking hobo
SAs can't tell shit about the price of the clothes you wear unless it's iconic. Everyone notices the flashy zanottis but no one notices the balmain coat
and yeah you get the curt answers and condescension if they think you're wasting their time
But don't be a fucking pussy, they're just employees at a store, regardless of what they're selling

>All the employees in the NY Rick store are gay
>The security guards followed me around
They were just waiting to pounce you in the dressing room

I'm pretty young, but I've never had problems shopping at nice stores before. I buy most of my clothes at Barneys and Nordstrom and the SA's are always really nice to everyone, even back when I was a broke college student who wanted to browse around for fun. They always let me try on whatever I wanted to.

If you feel intimidated, it's because you lack self-confidence and are probably autistic.

I've seen fat black guys show up at Barneys in their public bus driver uniforms and get treated fine, and they end up walking out with a new pair of expensive sneakers.

Anyways, bad SAs are only bitter because everyone they have to deal with has more money than them. But everyone I've dealt with has been super friendly.

thing is you save money online, stores bump prices for various over head costs. only reason to go in to stores would be certain sales through the year.

>What the fuck is up with the overwhelming amount of "cop online" shit on this board?
It's Veeky Forums. Full of kids and nerds, lazy people who don't like to explore, who do not like to set foot into actual physical clothing stores and don't even know where in their hometown to find such a thing, mostly because they have never had friends to ever explore the real world with. The underage angle plays into this because most gradeschoolers these days have smart phones and grow up with the internet, are targeted by adverts whereever and whenever and are simply used to being delivered what they want when they want it. With omnipresent internet and sufficient infrastructure to keep delivery costs at a minimum there is no need to ever grow up or leave your little baby bed: Just click the PayPal button, accept the terms of use, enter your address and mommy starts to squirt that warm milky goodness right into your little baby mouth again. Instant gratification, no effort needed.

>tfw will never shop at a Rick store wearing nothing but the absolute worst fake Rick from aliexpress/taobao

I always felt it would be hilarious to do.

why the fuck would you bring a synth (let me guess: le microkorg) to a clothing shop?

>getting out of your house
>pilgrimage

internet addiction and being an introvert shut in is NOT effay

I very much doubt most people on this board would be able to go into the kind of shop that'd sell Rick Owens. Empty of people with an intimidating bodyguard at the entrance and snooty staff inside staring out at you.

lolwat. i dont know where you live but people wearing backpacks in stores is totally normal here. if its just for carrying stuff, whats the issue?

its the backpack they think yer gonna steal stuff and put it in the thing

any store worth it's salt will treat you respectfully

t. shopped at every store on rodeo drive, west hollywood, and north robertson

the ones that impressed me and treated me like a customer were gucci,slp and h lorenzo

maxwells was fucking lame as shit and the rest of the stores on rodeo were pretty wack as well

THIS

savage

dude it doesnt even make sense to buy things in store anymore. especially shoes. they all have the same fucking nikes and addias and vans and converse, I live in a big city too and I still have to go way out of my way to find something unique. On top of the shit selection its almost always more expensive, online its so much easier to find things below MSRP. Honestly I really wish actually going to to stores was a viable thing still because its a lot more fun, but the only practical reason i can see for actually going to the stores is to try the items on in person.

>they all have the same fucking nikes and addias and vans and converse

try going somewhere other than the suburban mall for a change

there are literally no stores in australia that sell lemaire

We only have literally 2-3 nice stores in my county and they are mostly focused on women's clothing. feels bad