How do I know for sure if I am balding? I am asking the already bald dudes of Veeky Forums

How do I know for sure if I am balding? I am asking the already bald dudes of Veeky Forums

>Since July or so see more hairs on the drain after showering, though there is no noticeable thinning (IMHO or maybe I am in denial) or pattern baldness could be observed just yet
>IDK if its just the lighting but when I look in the mirror (with lights above) I could kinda see my scalp
>whenever I pull my hair right now I am able to pull like 1-3 pieces of hair
>just counted the "losses" as I just showered and counted like 35 pieces when I ran my fingers through it and collected the hair (I know I know)

What do? All the males on the dad side of my family is bald, while none of the males on my mom's side is.

When you go bald, does your hair go at once? Or does it take years?

Rate of hairloss depends on the individual. From what I've read, if your hairline is nearly non-existent before age 30, that's pretty aggressive.

Sure signs are:
1) Hair miniaturization along the hairline
2) Acne/Itchiness around hairline
3) Asymmetry in depth of recession
4) Thinness

look at your parents and grandparents

This
I have all this symptoms and i'll be bald next year or something (i'm 23)
I can't style my hair how i want anymore but since i started using minoxydil the hair loss has been stopping.

I don't have my hopes really high tough

I probably only have 1 and 4, and even then Idk for sure about 4

Also my Dad started losing his hair from the crown at age 39. I am 26 turning 27 this year.

It kind of sucks because for us dudes, our hair is a big part of our fits. Even Superman is going bald.

Also a note I forgot to mention OP.

Hairloss that's not caused by genetics usually implies one or more of the following:

1) Starvation or lack of nutrients (body allocates energy away from hair production if you're not eating enough. Hair needs nutrients to grow propertly)
2) Poor blood circulation. Check your blood pressure + make sure you're not smoking or overdoing it with stimulants
3) Poor scalp health. Think dry, oily, acne prone scalp. Sebaceous Dermatitis, though I butchered the spelling.

For me over the past year I went through vaping, smoking cigarettes, using pomade, all without properly taking care of my hair despite having a naturally oily head. Completely wrecked my hairline and I'm praying that it might recover now that I've changed up my habits.

Hair miniaturization?

Pic related count? I got these 4-5 small hairs near my hair line

It could just be a mature hairline. However, even a mature hairline is considered male pattern baldness, albeit extremely minor.

Some people manage to stay within that mature hairline area for most of their life. If you notice your hairline creeping past your temples, you're probably going to be partially, if not fully, bald at some later stage in your life.

Only worthwhile treatment imo is a hair transplant. But even then, if you don't take care of your health + hair, you'll lose those follicles.

That's not bad at all. I think most men have some thinning near the crown.

Furthermore, you've grown out your hair and as most folks with long hair will know, hair sheds and thus you'll have short hairs interspersed with long. The only reason it's conspicuous is because, well, it's the front of your hair.

Aaaand here is my part

That makes sense. I've been on a cut most of last year and was also using a test booster and creatine.

I might've fucked myself up.

Pull back your entire hairline and examine it. If it's a subtle horseshoe, I'd keep an eye on it over the next year or two.

When the horseshoe starts looking like this, then that's when you should really start shitting your pants and prepare for committing sodoku

Is pomade and hairspray bad for your hair? My hairdresser tells me not to worry but I am not sure if I should believe her.

Looks completely normal, you have nothing to worry about for now.

>Is pomade and hairspray bad for your hair?
Not really as long as you wash your hair properly at the end of the day.

My stylist also tells me I am crazy and I just need to use the leave on conditioner

then wtf is up with all this hair I see in the shower?

Pic related
from left to right
2010 -> 2015 -> Today

Can one even be effay if they are completely bald? I know you can somewhat be effay with a buzzcut but complete shaved head?

Gotta check the ingredients and do your own research. Also you have to get to know your body well.

Most hairstylists aren't dermatologists. Remember that.

Take my words with a grain of salt, as I haven't done the research. I've simply stopped using pomade since I buzzed my head. But if I were to begin using it again, I'd definitely read up on every single ingredient.

What I have noticed is that virtually all the pomades I've used contain propylene glycol. Oily substance used as humectant, also clogs up pores like crazy. It adds to the amount of oil on the scalp and if there's way too much it'll turn into acne and sores. Scarring = no more follicles. Follicles also get choked when there's too much oil.

This intuitively makes sense to me but again, I'm no dermatologist.

like the clothes wouldnt "fit" for some reason, unless you go full ghetto mode

Bruh you have the hair line of a fucking teenage girl, you're not balding

>my stylist
>that hair
you're getting played

Well I havent had a haircut for a while now, Im trying to grow it out for a newer style

I just dont have a lot of styles to choose from since I got this weird lightbulb shaped head

Also I call her a "stylist" coz she is a girl.

What would you call a girl barber?

M8 are you doing something else for your hair? I gave up smoking and weed recently and I also have an oily scalp.
Any products or habits you can recommend?

>european-men-fade-hair.jpg

sweden yes!

BUMP