/aba/

>Ask a Barber anything

So you guys put me in the sticky a few years back, thought I'd return to repay the favour.

Other urls found in this thread:

tuxbell.com/index.php/Links
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you gay?

No

[spoiler]I only fuck traps[/spoiler]

wat do to maintain this hairstyle

wat do i ask for when i go for my haircut for this

Also links to old threads are here if you guys feel like going back in time and seeing old advice.

>tuxbell.com/index.php/Links

Start with short back and sides. 2/3 grade with a low fade. 3/4" on top.

Let it grow out for 6 weeks and you'll have that style. Coconut oil twice a week and a medium hold pomade or styling cream on to towel dried hair.

thank u love u

I love you too. Homo

I'm a cheap ass and I buzz my head every month or two months, all same length

Is it worth it to try to do fades or something? I don't want to fuck it up and look stupid, but on the other hand, even growth is just kinda bland

Do you laugh at balding customers once they leave?

Have you ever given anyone a bad haircut for laughs and giggles?

Do you tell customers who ask for a specific haircut that it won't look good on them, due to head shape, facial features, hair line, and so on (if that's the case)? Or do you just do what you're told anyway?

For curly hair, what do I tell my barber? Nobody seems to know how to properly cut this kind of hair

i'm growing my hair out from a buzz, it's a decent length now, should i be trimming the back of my neck?

I don't recommend it trying to fade yourself. But if you must user, for the love of god only go through the grades and don't try any fancy shit. Start with a higher grade and gradually go lower with a low fade. You don't want that fade to start high up cause if you fuck up your heads gonna be shaped like an anvil.

I only laugh at some of them when they put on a tough guy act to compensate. Similar to manlets.

I do what I'm told unless I know the guy I'm trimming. If we got good rapport and he's a regular I'll tell him what works. Any other time I'll listen to what they want and slightly adjust it if it looks shit.

If someone comes in and says they have no idea what they want (other than maybe an approximate length), and they want you to suggest something based on what you think will suit them - is that annoying or acceptable or preferred?

if I pay 200$ for a fucking hairstylist, I expect the same shit I expect from a make-up artist.

To make me look pretty :3

What's your opinion on no poo vs. shampooing & conditioning regularly? Can you tell when you're working on someone what their routine is and/or is it unique to the person and depends what their hair needs?

Im hispanic and my hair just wants to grow up into a mexi-fro.
How do I stop this or at least make it look decent?

He answered that a few times in the archived threads already.
No poo = bad.
Coconut oil = good.
Natural shampoos = good.

what product do I use to keep the look my hair has when it's still damp just after a shower?
It used to get really frizzy n shit which was really annoying. Using conditioner and some cheap cream wax helped a ton, but interested to know if there is something better out there.

See A good branded pomade. Or this is what I use at the moment, a tiny bit of coconut oil mixed with a natural bees wax product. Leaves it soft and manageable. Leave it in for a few minutes and give a quick tussle with a towel to reduce some of the shine from the oil.

What's the coconut oil good for? I have a lot of dry, thick, straight hair and always struggle with frizz. Can that thing help me have a more manageable hair?

Jewfro here. Ive partially improved it with coconut oil, but the effects last maybe 3 days at most. How do I maintain a haircut without cutting more frequently? My hair grows quickly and starts to look bad 4-6 weeks after each cut.

Yes, it will smooth out any frizz and basically moisturise hair.

No way to maintain without cutting desu. You could probably get away with thinning scissors and taking the bulk out, but you'd still need regular cuts.

What do I ask for if I want the hair cut in your original picture?

Also, do barbers have a trained sense of what looks good on someone? If so, any ideas?

Thanks for taking the time out to contribute!

How can i find out the best haircut for me?

Got my haircut today.Tried a new place.
Dude fucked it all up.
Luckily my hair grows super fast and wont be that bad in a week or two.

Why do so many people have a hard time cutting/dealing with cowlicks?

Hey, I'm growing my hair out and I've read it's bad to wash your hair daily.
But the problem is every morning my hair is an oily and dirty mess. What do?

Short back and sides, side parting. Long on top. Number 1 fade on sides. Slit in parting.

It really is down to each individual Barber. Some obviously just want to take your cash and do the same quick shit job as they do everyone else. Money really does buy you a quality cut as the more expensive places are likely to have some sort of standards and won't take any shit Barber on board. You'll also find that they're more involved with their employees and will give them regular training to constantly improve skills.

A good first step is to post a pic so I can see.

Again, because they don't care. Go to a trusted place or a shop that's got a good rep even if they charge more. Make them aware of the cowlick. Ask them for advice. If you get them involved they're more than likely gonna work in your favour.

Wash your hair. Seriously there's nothing wrong with washing daily if you use a good natural shampoo. If you're putting chemical shit in your hair then it's a different story.

>lemon shampoo
Or
>rinse with water

are undercuts/hitler cuts a meme?

If you have shit hairline/bone structure

How do I keep I nice messy look without my head looking like a mushroom ?

what do I need to say to my barber to achieve this

Thinning scissors round the sides. On top grab a bunch of hair and twist it and take 2 snips with the thinning scissors. It'll take bulk out of the sides and give texture on top.

Army crew cut. Say the grades you want, id say 1 on sides and 3 on top. Tapered sides.

>Firstly, have wavy and manageable hair.

Then ask for layered hair, using horse shoe sectioning (from temple to temple)
Ask them to razor the hair to add small amounts of texture.
Trim around the ears slightly and blend upwards.

>Do not let them touch your hair with clippers.

This will just give you a uniform graduation all round. The style you want is very messy and a uniform will not give you that.

That's what you wrote 3 years ago when asked how to get picrel. Would you do it the same way today?

Swap out the razor with thinning scissors and that's it. I'm lazier nowadays. It'll get you the same result but quicker.

What's your go-to for someone with a high/receding hairline? Mine's so high it practically looks like I'm balding anyways.

Also why the fuck does my hair grow so fast on the back and sides? I look like a Xenomorph in profile after a short amount of time and it's awful.

>go high

Pls user no. I was in topman earlier and one of the staff had a receding blonde quiff half way back his head, I still feel sick.

Keep the sides thinned and the fringe longer than the rest. Ask for disconnected fringe, about 1-2" longer than the rest and just brush it forwards and flick it off to the side.

Don't let it affect you and be confident with it and no one will care. They probably won't notice it anyway. No one pays that much attention to something like that unless they have the same insecurity.

Also I lost my trip for last few posts.

What works well for someone with an oval face + kind of a broad jaw?
I currently have the front of my hair to chin length and gradually a bit shorter along the sides towards the back so it doesn't bunch up as much when I tuck it behind my ears.
Where can I go from here? Would like something shorter again.
Thanks for doing this btw.

What's the best length for a buzzcut?

Hard to tell without a picture.
Are we talking shape similar to gosling?

Depends on your style. Most common one I get is 2 all over.

You're really helpful bro thanks

opinions on o'naomi shampoo? I bought 2 bottles of shampoo and a conditioner at this chink department store and they're advertised as natural shampoos/conditioners, but the black charcoal conditioner I copped has some ingredient with -cone in it

What do I say to the barber to achieve this?

Thanks

another picture, both of these are from another thread

what product do u recommend for a top knot? to keep the unruly hairs in place

>what product do u recommend for a top knot?
I don't

just fuck my shit up pham

is there any way to fix a widows peak?

How do I modify popular styles such as undercut and pompadour, so that they still look good on a widows peak/lightly receeded hairline?

"Fix"?

Any non-Korean-looking low-maintenance Asian male hairstyles you like?

>fix
jej

You could probably get it waxed

Look to Pierce Brosnan.
Watch more movies.

How do I maintain my hair with a spiral cowlick in the center back/edge of my head

What would you cal /describe this hairstyle? (Couldn't find anything similar with a better angle)

What are the mandatory things to take care of one's hair.

cum

hey hopefully you're still in here

I'm thinking about trying to get into a cosmetology school for a barbering or dual license, would you say it's worth pursuing if I'm not sure what direction I really want to take in life?

I go to a pretty awesome barber and I got a good relationship with the dude, he tells me it's a great option as far as getting your foot into something to give yourself a better chance to support yourself or achieve higher goals later on.

tired of 40+ each week as a cashier for a grocery store and I know I'm not getting a STEM degree in my lifetime.

Is this an alright natural shampoo to be using? I have a shitty high hairline so I'll take all the thickness I can get

I'm 25 and I've had many variations of the same cut for almost 5 years now. Fringe longer than top, slick that fringe over to the top and style it using a crystal jojoba wax.

Pic related

I have coarse, thick hair.

Id like to ask a few questions:

1) My routine:

Shampoo at Night using sulfate free Shampoo and Conditioner (organix brand)

Wake up, wash hair with plain water (bed head), blow-dry with cold air, style using product.

At night, do nothing.

Wake up, wash hair with plain water again (nasty gel from the night before plus bed head), blow-dry with cold air, style using product.

At night, depending on itch, do another night of no shampoo, or shampoo fully.

I need to shampoo my hair or else my dry scalp will produce flakes and it'll show by night 2 or 3.

Any recommendations for my regime?

2) Are their any other haircuts I can pull off with my hair texture / face?

That's usually the length of my hair after a cut with no product.
And there's my stupid face structure for reference.

I went to a new place and got abso-fucking-lutely butchered

what do

Looking for something like this. His hair is considerably longer than mine but what can I do now to make sure I get this look.

This is what I'm working with rn

conditioner

>tfw

just gook my shit up

Fucking shitty slavland. The best barber in my city is too afraid to do anything else other than HY.

i'm a hairdresser and it changed my life
barbering isnt really my thing, same industry tho

get out and get a foot in the door it's a trade, apprenticeships are the only way to go

cosmetology school is a yank thing right
don't go to school for it it's a waste of money and literally full of dropouts and 16 year old trash with no appreciation for the art itll ruin u

I have a pretty long hair (half back)
it's in pretty bad condition, dry and split ends etc
I'm thinking of cutting it short but I've no idea what to tell my barber
I just want some basic hair that doesn't make me look like an idiot

>apprenticeships are the only way to go
short of asking my barber to take on a pleb like me, I have no idea how to go about getting one of these for pretty much any trade, these days.

i think every country is different ull have to do some research tbt

here we can go to polytech and do a 3 year fulltime course or part time apprenticeship

or just get a job and get trained in house

im personally biased against the first option

the best hairdressers i've ever met did it on their own

ask ur homeboy for a job

I can only find axe, dapper dan and tigi hairstyling products near me

which one is the best if I'm going for a more natural matte look?

I literally have no idea what to do with my hair. I usually just end up shaving it, but since I'm not going bald I feel like I should do something with it.

What's a good style for my face/look? What should I ask my barber for?

I have thick and very soft hair (after washing), what product do you recommend for me to use besides a shampoo?

grow out as long as you can
you don't seem to know the extent of your hair since you say you're shaving it frequently or w/e

In your honest opinion, what should I do with my hair to fit my face?

how can you fit a face without eyes

rly making me think

Stop shaving the fucking sides and get a tan.

>tan
But thanks for the input regardless

Oh, shit, I think I watched your vids way back when when I was first learning to cut my own hair. Thanks man!

If i want to go from undercut to this what should i do?

hey buddy

so my hair on the right side is totally fine for me, but my left side is kinda fucked im a way that it just kinda falls even with product/hair dryer.

is there a way I can fix it or is it something I might need a barber to fix while i get my haircut

thanks desu

>Natural Shampoo
What is that?
How it is different to other shampoo?

I ask because all I get when I search is mommy bloggers and it feels like they speak a different language to me.

Whats your favorite cut to give right now?

What style have you been asked to cut more of lately?

What do you think the next memecut (beard included) will be?

What hairstyle do you wear currently?

How do I get this? I have fine hair and think it's doable but have no idea

i want to grow my hair out for the fuck of it andrew eldritch-style, though i've been doing buzzcuts exclusively for the last three years and only stopped cutting my hair last month, how long will it take?

What do you recommend a white guy with curly hair like pic related do? I usually just fade the sides and back and leave it a bit longer on the top.

Ey barberino what kind of haircut should i get if i have got a wide head, particularly the problem is that instead of round the sides of my head are kinda pointy outwards slightly.

which gatsby wax should I use for this? I've got green in a cupboard at home

What's a good quality styling cream available in Aus?

how do I maintain this hair style?

Just got a haircut, how did I do?

Top one was a week or two before today and the bottom is today.
Please ignore my disgusting mirror, abrupt change in scenery and dead inside expression.

better but ur hairline is bad

gay magic

Have I got a good hairstyle, or should I try something new?

Another pic.
Why the fuck do they keep posting horizontally?