Greek gene pool

Are Ancient Greeks and Modern Greeks the same peoole?
Do they share the same gene pool?

Other urls found in this thread:

desustorage.org/his/thread/951078/#951078
dienekes.awardspace.com/articles/hellenes/
biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2015/02/10/013433.full.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As close as it gets but still different.

No. The Ancient Greeks were Nordic. Read this for better understanding.

desustorage.org/his/thread/951078/#951078

Ignore the dissenters.

All we know is that ancient Greece set the standard for advancing human civilization and modern Greece can't even come close to that.

No

You see, after the fall of Constantinople (tm), literally all the Greeks died

I know this because I browse /int/

>we wuz Greeks nd Romans and shiet

WE

More like /pol/

>equating the magnificent fenno-scandian race with the bog nigger trash of central europe
>unironically loving civilization and falling for le progress maymay
>hating mediterraneans
Yes, the current greeks are not the same as the classical greeks. The classical greeks were hyperborean sailors who settled there after invading Crete and the Peloponnese, they got lazy when they became sedentary and eventually became overrun and wiped out.

Bog niggers like germans, french, english and modern italians are grade-A trash and have always been.

t. Assblasted medshit that owes all his money to the Germans, French and English

Modern Greeks are ancient greeks who got raped numerous times by slavs and bulgars, then had continuous turk rape for about 460 years, plus sprinklings og Vemetian Rape during their raiding, warring, and crusading; oh and probably some Albanian, Egyptian, French, and English during the war for indpeendence in the 19th century. More so Albanian and Egyptian on that last part.
>Inb4 Albanians are Illyrians
LOL NO
Mind you this is all post Roman Empire. Ignoring all of the Germanic tribes and Huns that came in and raped/pillaged, also groups like the Cumans and Avars too.

Also during the Roman period all of the Greek men were too busy butrfucking one another to care about their women getting fucked by Romans for hundreds of years. Well, Romans and to a miniscule extent other provincial ctizens of the Empire

I'm Norwegian actually.

>Hyperborians
What's next? Atlantis and Thule?
How about you read a book.

Atlantis was a mediterranean hyperborean outpost in either the Aegean or black sea.

Thule is just what the picts called Hyperborea.

Gotta love how nobody has cited even 1 genetic study

>Are Ancient Greeks and Modern Greeks the same peoole?

Yes.

dienekes.awardspace.com/articles/hellenes/

WE

....considering ancient Greeks existed 2000 years ago, and Greece since then has been under the rule of various empires, what do you think?

The question makes no sense. The ancient Greeks were Europoid. Tan skin existed among them, as did pale, and so did olive. They had black, brown, red, or blonde hair. They had brown, green, or blue eyes.

If you put a modern Greek in Ancient Greece, he would blend in. A swarthy person was no big deal to them, because they existed just across the sea

Modern day Greeks look swarthy because they were ruled by the Ottomans for so long

The greek people still exist, its just the entity known as greece is compromised of christian refugees from the ottoman empire and albanians

By the 6th century AD there was nkt a single greek living in the pelopponesos peninsula, only slavs.
t. Prokopios
No they got nothing in common by now

Yeah, greeks were always swarthy manlets, they were just ruled by a hyperborean elite.

I have some on my computer, but I'm not going to be arsed to get out of bed just to post anything to Veeky Forums. Ancient Greeks come from the same people group that eventually turned into the Germans, French, swedes, etc

Just a quick browse of the history of Lithuania
>A theory propounded in The History and Geography of Human Genes (1994), says blond hair became predominant in Northern Europe beginning about 3,000 BC, in the area now known as Lithuania, among the recently arrived linguistically Proto-Indo-European settlers (according to the Kurgan hypothesis), and the trait spread quickly through sexual selection into Scandinavia.

And a quick history of the Proto Indo-Europeans
>By the early second millennium BC, offshoots of the Proto-Indo-Europeans had reached far and wide across Eurasia, including Anatolia (Hittites), the Aegean (Mycenaean Greece), Western Europe (Corded Ware culture), the edges of Central Asia (Yamna culture), and southern Siberia (Afanasevo culture).[1]

Just pick a random culture from that
>In 2009, a genetic study of ancient Siberian cultures, the Andronovo culture, tha Karasuk culture, the Tagar culture and the Tashtyk culture, was published in Human Genetics. All individuals except from one mixed race individual were determined to be Europoid, with the majority being light-eyed and light haired.[2]

Eh, so just go read for yourself I suppose. This is me by the way

modern Greeks are probably a bit more swarthy. However, a swarthy person was probably a common sight

What exactly is this and from where?

>What exactly is this and from where?

biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2015/02/10/013433.full.pdf

>WIR

If anything they should be whiter today

Yea, everyone knows that Greece was basically a mini Africa back then

Original grecian people migrated from the baltic, which is the setting of the illiad

WE WUZ ACHILLES N SHIT

>Bryges or Briges (Greek: Βρύγοι or Βρίγες) is the historical name given to a people of the ancient Balkans. Based on archaeological evidence, some scholars such as Nicholas Hammond and Eugene N. Borza argue that the Bryges/Phrygians were members of the Lausitz culture that migrated into the southern Balkans during the Late Bronze Age.[1][2]

>The Lusatian culture existed in the later Bronze Age and early Iron Age (1300 BCE – 500 BCE) in most of today's Poland, parts of the Czech Republic and Slovakia, parts of eastern Germany and parts of Ukraine. It covers the Periods Montelius III (early Lusatian culture) to V of the Northern-European chronological scheme.