What does it mean to sell your soul to the devil?

What does it mean to sell your soul to the devil?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Faustian_bargain
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you get really good at guitar and then die mysteriously

It means humanities was a mistake

It's what Esau did, selling your birthright for lentils. If you masturbation, you are doing that every time

>If you masturbation, you are doing that every time
What did he mean by this?

So you can sell it multiple times by jacking of frequently?

>If you masturbation

Esau was about to fucking die faggot

>masturbating is selling your soul to the devil
Desert cults, not even one fucking once.

>Continence is bad

No, because you can be forgiven. Jesus, you woman.

This is a religion board too mVIII

>humanities

Faust got his soul back too

So you keep proving my point, good girl.

You legally allow your soul to be given to Satan in exchange for a favor.

Constantine is a girl? That's surprizingly sexy.

You are sincerely contrite, you can always be forgiven, even on your deathbed.

>Christfags in charge of knowing their own fucking scripture

Jacob stole the birthright from their father through conniving shenanigans while Esau was out hunting you dipshit

Transgenders are not women. The Virgin Mary telling you Jesus wants you to cut your cock off does not make you female.

>You are sincerely contrite
No? I'm telling you that you that I can be forgiven for rubbing one out. I don't know where the miscommunications is.

What the actual fuck.

>Transgenders are not women
>Constantine is a tranny meme
I don't like this.

See Genesis 25:30-34

Yeah, you can be, provided you are sincerely contrite.

>provided you are sincerely contrite
Or you can prove it.

Uh, God is omniscient.

So? He wants you, the self, to prove it yourself, because he knows but he wants you to know it yourself.

Well if you weep in your prayer for forgiveness, that is considered a good start.

That's some pretty disgusting stuff.

Why?

>Well if you weep in your prayer for forgiveness
No, you just do work. Faith without work is like a hammer without nails.

>implying you don't masturbate
kek everyone knows religious freaks are the filthiest

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Faustian_bargain

Read Goethe user

But senpai, here's the differences. If you masturbate, you can still be forgiven

What work are you talking about in this context?

>The Virgin Mary telling you Jesus wants you to cut your cock off does not make you female.
w-wait is this for real?
I never know with tripfags in this godforsaken site

I don't know, do whatever the priest tells you to. That's how I was taught.

You can be forgiven for anything. Even if you sold your soul in person to the devil himself in person, God can revoke that.

He will probably tell you to do x fasting if it becomes a serious problem. But the feeling of serious contrition means more than anything, it is work very much by itself, but any acts of penance without it are worthless.

oh, good thing i always go to church right after i wank it

It means absolutely nothing

>He will probably tell you to do x fasting if it becomes a serious problem
No, he tells you aren't forgiven. Because you keep fucking up and doing the act.

Going to Church doesn't do anything for you in and of itself. Someone who is a complete slacker about going to Liturgy but feels serious contrition, is much better off than someone who goes to every service but who lacks a contrite heart.

Wow, your priest told you that?

No, it's dogma.

No it ain't. There is no limit to forgiveness.

Different user. Read up on the sin against the Holy Spirit, if you are so sure in the absoluteness of your overly-simplistic statements.

an hour of church is more than enough to make up for an hour of fap desu

We're talking about masturbation.

In the Orthodox "I literally don't have to pick up where West Rome fell and wipe the asses and basically become the state" faith Yeah. I'm not talking about that. It's stated if you keep fucking doing the action so many times, then the sin of the past which were "supposedly" forgiven will be added back on, the sin of the act will still be there, and you actually need to be forgiven again and never do the thing again.

Nope, it does nothing. See the story of the Publican and the Pharisee.

Christ said to never stop forgiving.

>Christ said to never stop forgiving.
Why should I forgive someone who keeps doing the act. It's pointless.

>a culture that believes people who collect money for the government are evil
>relevant
i'm afraid not

Because Christ said so.

I made a massive amount of money and got three attractive women pregnant and set up trust funds for their children but in the end it got boring and I barely even see the kids now. I prefer relaxing at home.

They collected money for an *occupying* force, and very frequently made their living by skimming through strategic over-collecting. Publicans, in this context, are corrupt and collaborators with an invading force, traitors to their own people in exchange for money.

That seems really arbitrary

a job is a job, ethnicity is a hindrance. render unto caesar, remember?
you also have to take into consideration the ones providing the "context", and their obvious bias.

And? Again, were on two different dogma ideals and you're trying to preach to me I'm in the wrong.
Life's arbitrary.

Render unto Caesar because he minted the money.

The context is like a Frenchman tax collecting for the Nazis (when no one is forcing him to) and living off of skimming other Frenchmen.

Ahh, you were right, my bad.

Also, I am not sure who is trolling who in this situation, but I smell a troll. Or if there are honest differences, I think they are arising because you two are not being clear enough and expanding on your thoughts. This is 4ch, not an instant messenger, make your posts longer!

>And?
And do you not consider Christ your highest authority?

>Again, were on two different dogma ideals and you're trying to preach to me I'm in the wrong.
Obviously we're on different ideals. To the Orthodox, dogma is strictly and only what Christ passed to his Apostles.

>And do you not consider Christ your highest authority?
No, that would be considered heresy. And being a heretic is wrong.
>Obviously we're on different ideals. To the Orthodox, dogma is strictly and only what Christ passed to his Apostles.
And to the Catholics, dogma is flexible enough to the times, but most of the time shit stays unless it needs to be fixed or amended.

You'll become a great blues musician

At this point I'm convinced you're someone trying to make Catholicism look bad.

>At this point I'm convinced you're someone trying to make Catholicism look bad.
And at this point I'm convinced that you want me to join the "Orthodox" faith because it's "correct" and "right"

This is not a fucking religion/ theology board. It's a humanities board, and religion can be discussed through that lense. This thread is by no means a humanitit's topic and belongs in /x/, where people take the paranormal seriously. This is not that place.

>This is not a fucking religion/ theology board
Honestly, fucking offended by people having a honest discussion about religion, and there beliefs?

This is the religion board, read the fucking stick.

>deleting posts
Why?

You need Jesus.

>Honestly, fucking offended by people having a honest discussion about religion, and there beliefs?

I agree with this. The religion posters are pure comedy and fun.

>being a cuckold that wants to sit around and be nothing
Literally, put yourself back to

I don't think I have that many souls.

But you can still be forgiven.

Sure I can, everyone can. So convenient.

Don't be condescending, all sins can be forgiven.

And so can my condescendence. What's your point?

Kek,

This is why I like Veeky Forums

>What's your point?
That you shouldn't be there because you shouldn't be a sinner, sinning is wrong. It's immoral.

Why, for the religion posting?

>I've sold my soul practically every day for 10 years

FUCK U SATAN

But user, you can be forgiven famalam.

nah lad at this point tis better to reign in hell than serve in heaven

my right to rule is the billions of sperm i have slain

>nah lad at this point tis better to reign in hell than serve in heaven
Bullshit user, you will be forgiven for sins. Trust me.

>Trust me.
J-Jesus?

No, just a layman who wants you to make it into heaven, don't listen to people like Constantine though, Orthodox people are weird.

It means you participate in whatever activity the person saying that considers bad.

The "Devil" exists only in those who speak of him. If you loved everything, approved of and affirmed everything, you wouldn't see the "Devil" anywhere, and he wouldn't exist in you. You'd be godly.

Don't trust anyone who talks about shit like the "Devil" for real. The real devil is them. They create the idea of hell, it thrives on their eyesight.

>Don't trust anyone who talks about shit like the "Devil" for real. The real devil is them. They create the idea of hell, it thrives on their eyesight.
Don't play retard you hedonist.

I heard once that the devil doesn't actually have the power to claim souls. Someone who ' sells' her soul can still be saved, but the devil tricks them into believing they're fucked so they go ahead and don't even try to repent for their sins. That's what happened in The Tragedy of Doctor Faustus.

>hedonist
As if you and any other ascetics don't also operate towards feeling the sensation of power and pleasure. You can't bullshit with someone who knows.

Heaven's within you, it's in our ability to affirm things. Affirm everything — EVEN hell — and in so doing you abolish hell forever. It assimilates into your heaven, becomes one with it.

That is true. God has power him always. Always.
>As if you and any other ascetics don't also operate towards feeling the sensation of power and pleasure.
So? What's wrong with that, just live a just life, ask to be forgiven, learn that when you fuck up, that you need to pick yourself up, and try to live a better life.

Why doesn't God just get rid of the Devil?

Why should God get rid of his most favorite Angel user?

Why doesn't God make the Devil good again?

Because the devil must become good in his own heart. But he's too vapid, too cunty to see the error of his ways and is offended that he must serve us in Heaven.

Why did God create the Devil in a way that he would end up being evil, too vapid, too cunty to see the error of his ways and offended that he must serve us in heaven?