Let's talk about coats/jackets for wetty cold weather. I live by the seaside and I'm looking for a waterproof...

Let's talk about coats/jackets for wetty cold weather. I live by the seaside and I'm looking for a waterproof, insulated but not padded good looking jacket without obnoxious logos on the chest. I dont really want to follow the north face meme all the people around me do. What is /fa wearing for english like winter weather? Also, where to cop jacket like the from the picture? Pic source: Umebi no onna no ko by Asano Inio

Other urls found in this thread:

whalesofatlantis.wordpress.com/page/3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I love in Buffalo so cold weather preparedness is essential. In that area I would go for alpha industries, I have the N-3B slim fit and I love it. It's really comfortable, affordable ($200 but I got it for $90 BC their website glitched), and in -40 degree weather you can wear just a t shirt underneath and not be cold. All while being pretty light considering. And they have other coats for different level of weather protection depending on the severity of where you live. Good luck man

Me too, im fat but its based even on me. Not in buffalo, but also upstate ny and its cozy af, altho got it yesterday so have yet to have to test it

stutterheim coat and a liner.
Coats are one sale on oki ni iirc, and a simple german army liner runs you 15 eur at max.

What's your budget like?

Up to £150

Source on the photo?
Looks amazing

You mean like a vest liner and a shell coat separately? I never wore things that way, always thought of coats consisting only a shell as useless (the exception being black fat moose sailor jacket, been hunting for my size to be available for months, somehow i accepted it and didn't return it) and i still prefer fully lined coats (padded or not)

I asked the same thing, still waiting for it

Also, I like my coats with, what do you call these... Pockets. Preferably inside. At least one. Anyway I checked that liner thing, looks a bit clumsy and sluggish if you ask me

A Girl On The Shore, Inio Asano

Worth a read to me and not even his best work.

The German army liner has a front pocket that serves as inner pocket, when you wear a parka or coat on top. And you can use the coat in less cold weather, too.

Interesting, do you wear some of your coats that way?

Not OP, but I think it's from someting called "La ragazza in riva al mare."

Try this link and see if you can figure out what it says. It's the first entry at the very top of the page:

whalesofatlantis.wordpress.com/page/3/

all of them, actually.

Currently with liner, and without it in spring / autumn.

What?? I have the same jacket but in 20 degree weather I'm still cold AF with three layers underneath

w2c top right?

Dyed German army parka, not waterproof though. Maybe if you wax it thoroughly.

>German army parka
can I find it on eBay?

Yes. And in thrift shops and milsurp shops and websites such as Kommando store.

Wait zero to few weeks until sales and get a marine parka (armor lux or saint james) or a skandi outdoors jacket (norse store etc).

wrong. goodwill for the grunge look

Does wearing them that way is considered /fa? So I assume that technical coats are not the way to go, is that right?

Man it totally depends what you're looking for.

These are good options for 150 € budget (although norse store might be a bit more even in sale)

This is a good option if it suits your style and you're willing to do a potentially endless tour of thrift shops with the possibility of not finding what you like.

It can also be very Veeky Forums to wear a thermal under a coat. Although a raincoat as the top layer will make you look like an absolute autist if it's not raining that very moment.

wtc bottom right

Strange question.
First, this outer and inner layer thing occurs naturally in techwear. Arcteryx markets outerwear and liners as "hard shell" and "soft shell". Btw, my bottom left coat is a fairly techy 800 parka

Now whether it's Veeky Forums or not is up to you. I for my part simply want to avoid having a thick coat that only works in winter.

Stutterheim raincoat, they go on sale for 100ish if you can settle for a more "vibrant" colorway

Also, check out pun pun (manga)
has great scenes, I used some of them for my wallpapers

Oops,

>Strange question.
>First, this outer and inner layer thing occurs naturally in techwear. Arcteryx markets outerwear and liners as "hard shell" and "soft shell". Btw, my bottom left coat is a fairly techy 800 usd parka

>Now whether it's Veeky Forums or not is up to you. I for my part simply want to avoid having a thick coat that only works in winter.

was directed to . Sorry, , for the confusion.

soft shells are not liners