Redpill me on Rhodesia

Redpill me on Rhodesia.

Also, any sources you can recommend? I'm looking for biased (either side) and sources that are relatively neutral. Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

psywarrior.com/RhodesiaPSYOP.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Hetalia

Get out

>Britain decolonizes and decides to sing Kumbaya with blacks on their own tiny island
>Doesn't work so well for Kenya, Uganda, etc., blacks run whites out, everything turns to shit
>Rhodesia sees that blacks simply aren't ready to assume control of a nation-state overnight
>Says "FuckThat.bmp"
>Declares independance
>Implements a system whereby blacks will be raised
>Soviets and PRC start supporting black insurrectionists all around the south-east of Africa (this is where Mugabe comes in)
>Cause shitstorm for Rhodesia
>Bush wars ensue (Rhodesia kicks ass, but it's going to be endless war)
>USA and Britain won't help 'coz Ian Smith a raysuss and we need to distract from our own race issues here (South Africa is cool though because they're way more conservative than Rhodesia)
>Only SA is left to support (via supply convoys up one highway), but eventually even this stops
>Rhodesia, backs to the wall decide to cave and hold elections
>Mugabe intimidates voters outside the poll stations to vote for him with goons
>Mugabe takes over
>Generally keeps things running smoothly for a while
>War buddies start demanding their gibsmedats they were promised
>'Gabe starts repossessing/redistributing white farmland
>Blacks who don't know how to farm land now own it
>Everything turns to shit (crop failure, hyperinflation)
>"We would just steal, but there is nothing left to steal anymore."

Was talking to my grandfather about it today, he grew up in Northern Rhodesia and always goes on about it and how it was great living there before the blacks fucked it up.
A couple people to look into would be Cecil Rhodes and Robert Mugabe. I don't know much about it myself though.

Don't know what Hetalia is, just googled rhodesia and thought an anime picture of rhodesia was funny.

Thanks for the info.

>Relatively rich and safe African country
>Blacks are not equal, but it's much better than in most places in Africa
>16 of 66 seats in Parliament are for blacks (8 voted by them, 8 for local chieftains)
>Blacks are mostly able to own shitty lands, best farms are reserved for whites
>60's, ZANU and the other nationalist rebel group is formed (catalyst was some petty shit like too high bus ticket prices IIRC)
>Independence in '65 (dunno where it should be on the timeline)
>Government decides to implement policies that improve equality etc.
>Conservative voices don't like that, government is changed
>Uprising developes into open conflict, rebels supported by commie bloc
>It's not a white vs black thing, a sizeable minority of blacks feel the rebellion threatens their comfortable way of life, by the end of the war more than half of Rhodesian forces is comrised of blacks
>Long, long bush war. Relatively a small scale conflict with about 30 000 casualties total over 15 years.
>Portugal loses neighbouring Mosambic, at this point Rhodesia is bordered by hostile grounds on all sides, SA support gets weaker
>Decide to find a solution, Zimbabwe-Rhodesia is formed with a 1/3 minority of whites in the government in 1978
>Brits and the West give "emotionally" positive feedback but want to stop the war at all cost so no one recognises it officially, no aid
>Mugabe and friends don't give in, Rhodesian government sees this is an unwinnable situation, cedes power to Britain
>Brits conduct an election
>Mugabe and his friends win decisively, see other user's post on how
>Mugabe cements his position, eliminates all opposition and rivalry through intimidation, massacres (Gukurahundi) etc.
>The whole point of the war from a black perspective was to gain the lands of Zimbabwe, ironically most of the best farms stay in white hands
>After a while Mugabe kicks out whites, gives good lands to his lackeys in the party

>Stalinesque dictatorship emerges
>Secret police, no free speech, intimidation, economic collapse, drought, famine, hyperinflation

Basically, Zimbabwe is shit. It is arguably much worse to be a black dude there now than it was in minority-rule Rhodesia times. However, Rhodesia wasn't based around the idea of equality either. IMO Zimbabwe-Rhodesia looked like a feasible solution that could have led to an exemplary African state one day, but it wasn't meant to be. The formerly oppressed and thus uneducated masses taking power always result in them fighting over of the spoils of the old regime instead of building a new country in the immediate aftermath, regardless of race. People who bring Rhodesia up as a means to legitimise their silly white supremacist views in any way should take a look at any other place in the world where a similar scenario has happened.

* all sides expect SA to the south

>you will never be Mugabe

I'm jelly as fuck. How can a man be the cause so much shit without suffering the consequences? Why nobody murdered him yet like it's usual in this kind of country?

Actually, they were allegedly planning to around '80. Now it just wouldn't make much sense probably. In a country like that, his death would result either in someone like him stepping in his shoes or more fighting with a similar outcome. Also, dude's 92. He's dead soon anyways.

You forgot to mention that the Chinese funded ZANU and Mugabe with the intent of the nation going to shit so they could sweep in with their own colonization.

By murdering him I meant some usurper. But yeah, nowadays there's no reason.

>Redpill me on Rhodesia
>>It's not a white vs black thing, a sizeable minority of blacks feel the rebellion threatens their comfortable way of life, by the end of the war more than half of Rhodesian forces is comprised of blacks

/THREAD

>redpill me

Kill yourself

>Hetalia

lel
>implying Chinks want to live in Africa next to Africans
They just want the resources, m8, and they're paying for direct exclusive access.

One little addendum to add.
>Mugabe realizes he fucked up and begs for whites to return

I suggest reading this entire page. Its fascinating.

psywarrior.com/RhodesiaPSYOP.html

>Redpill me on Rhodesia.
>Redpill me
why is this reddit tier meme still alive?

>Hetalia

needs to be more homo