Does anyone have any tips for kicking common bad habits??? I can't stop biting my nails

Does anyone have any tips for kicking common bad habits??? I can't stop biting my nails.

Other urls found in this thread:

pavlok.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A noose

Get braces or just mix some deadly poison in with clear nail polish. Or just replace your habit with chewing gum or use that bitter nail polish stuff designed for nail biters.

Same fucking habit. I've had it since I was around ten years old, I'm 24 now and I never stopped since then. My fingers are ugly as fuck and every now and then, it get infected and I have to cut my finger to get the pus out of it.

I've been a nose-picker since childhood. It's my most desperately guarded secret. I've tried to quit so many times but my nose itches nigh constantly, like a loose hair is stuck in there, which is only relieved by touch.

this is not that bad if its confidential. unlike biting your nails, picking your nose is something difficult to tell unless you blatantly do it in public.

It makes me feel disgusting and un-Veeky Forums so yeah, it's bad, even if only I know about it.

I did it by chewing gum all the time and eventually I just stopped trying to bite my nails

>tfw tall, semi-attractive, fairly charismatic guy that everybody around me loves
>tfw they don't secretly realize I pick my boogers and eat them

why the fuck can't I stop this shit

stop cold turkey.

if that doesn't work at least make a tribute

apparently this thing is bretty cool

pavlok.com/

its really not that difficult to stop. there was a weird trend where all the guys i knew were growing out their pinky nails and i wanted to do it too. then i started wondering, why am i even biting my nails in the first place? and i just stopped

>there was a weird trend where all the guys i knew were growing out their pinky nails

i think your friends did coke bud

My only advice is that it feels so much better not to bite your nails and to cut them. When I tried no biting for a brief period I could never go back to biting.

You really don't realise how painful and uncomfortable biting is until you try stopping for once. Your hands just feel so liberated when you drop the habit. Especially if you're a really nasty biter that draws blood.

You and me both user

I've bitten my nails for as long as I can remember yet they still look clean and are silky smooth. How the fuck can you even get your nails to look like that?

I suggest getting an app like Loop where you check in every day. Just be very honest with yourself. If you manage to go several days without biting then you won't want to break the chain and you'll be good to go.

I've been sober for 235 days thanks to this system.

Honestly I just started clipping them, instead of biting them, so whenever I caught myself doing it, or had the urge i just used nail clippers. Give it a try and if not, what have you lost?

this is the truth, or ket if you're from the UK and scummier

My problem is that I have OCD pretty much when it comes to my fingers. If there's any little imperfections like a nail chipped and uneven I have to bite.

The key way that I stopped biting my nails was by tracking it. Carry around a notebook, or use your phone, and for each day, write down how many times you submit to (engage in) the habit, and how many times you resist the urge to engage in the habit. That's it. Over time, you'll become more aware that you're doing it, and then you'll be able to stop yourself. It's worked wonders for me.

very nice man

it's not a big fucking deal. grow up

Use some hand sanitizer every now and then. The bitterness will help to discourage you from biting.