Can Veeky Forums tell me about gloves? I've just moved to Europe and don't know shit about them but need some

Can Veeky Forums tell me about gloves? I've just moved to Europe and don't know shit about them but need some

Good brands, things to look for, good stores in Europe to look etc. Would appreciate any advice

I would prefer leather

Looking for glove recommendations, too. I have somewhat long fingers and most leather gloves, even XXL sized ones have their fingers end just in the middle of my proximal phalanxes (the finger segments right above the knuckles), while being way too wide for my palm.

Milsurp is therefore a no go. Am I stuck with elastic knit gloves, or are there any good leather gloves for long fingers and slim palms?

I don't know about Europe-specific brands, but I got mine online at leatherglovesonline.com. I got the ultra thin unlined patrol gloves and really like them.

I needed a pair because flying at night was getting cold, but no glove would provide the dexterity I needed. Surprisingly warm in the winter despite being unlined, they work great and fit to your hand well. The measurements are taken around your palm for sizing; they'll be tight at first but loosen a bit in time. I think they have sizes for those with long fingers too.

Unfortunately I spilled a bunch of Jet-A on mine so now they smell like oiled sheepskin and fuel

Thanks for the info

Your life sounds cool

>I just moved to Europe and would like to dress like a Lord of the Rings character
Why do Americans keep doing this?
Imagine if I moved to the USA and started asking around where a good place to get a ten gallon hat to go with my cowboy boots

hestra

I'm not american

The gloves I have now are ski gloves and have bright green on the back of them so I feel stupid wearing them in the city.

I like leather products and think they last longer and age better. Ive also seen a fair few people wearing them here

Thanks I'll give them a look

Dents from the UK are quite good for them, and they're not too pricey. Couldn't say what's good on the continent, however.

I have a pair of black leather gloves with the three lines on the back of the hand to go with "townish" suits, and a pair of mustard sheepskin ones lined with fur for more "countryish" clothes.

what does fa think of Fingerless Gloves, wool ones not leather

Depends on where in Europe you live. If you're in or near the UK I'd suggest heading to Burlington Arcade. Dent's, Chester Jefferies and Budd all stock great gloves. If you're in Italy you could try Merola and Madova, I believe both are based in Florence. In France you've got Causse Gantier.

Material wise I'd suggest either peccary / hogskin or carpincho leather.

Lined or unlined is entirely up to you.

I forgot, there's also a Swedish brand called Hestra. Not as pricey as the others, but still very good.

Jesus fucking christ how autist are people here? Where does Europe store it's available gloves? Where should I buy a 3€ white t-shirt? I don't know - maybe go out into the real world and see what they have to offer? Jesus.

Thanks for the contribution

Why are on a fashion forum if the thought of discussing various available products triggers you?

From what I can tell most of Hestra's stock is now made in China.

Fuck off, we're full.

Sorry mate, I came from a place that's even fuller

thinking of getting some Hestra gloves
anybody have experience?

>Commonwealth of Australia
they misspelled Lebanon really badly

>implying I'm a filthy New South Welshman

I've heard there are a lot of Lebs in some suburbs of Sydney

Yeah apparently the western suburbs are full of them

they are. fuck them, fuck all middle easterners they ruin this city

If the glove dont fit, you must acquit.

whats that dot of civilization in the middle of aus like right in the middle of that pic?

Alice Springs, that's where our big rock is

Underrated post

pic related is so true
territorians are filth,
tasmanians are inbred,
victorians are sjw scum,
western aus is miningfags,
canberra is polifags,
nsw is fucking wogs and all sorts of aids,
SA DA HOMELAND is fucking alright but a little backwards,
queensland is full of current farmboys

They're very good. I grew up Sweden and wore up all throughout my childhood up until now.

I think I'll buy a pair then