Was it autism?

Was it autism?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1464538280266.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=78juY_OcxrI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Autism is a powerful force not to be underestimated.

yes, your post is autism

SIEG KAISER

This is to Veeky Forums as Initial D is to Veeky Forums

You mean a parallel to society and that it can be related or is it an anime that the board can be summed up to?

VIVA LA YANG!

No, it was pure hunger for war!

Yang was the best

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1464538280266.webm
It was the terrarists

He was too good for this Universe.

Factually wrong

Indeed.

>isn't Paul von Oberstein
That's wrong

This scene hurt like hell.

While Oberstein was one of the better characters in LOGH, Yang was the best.

I like Obertein because fuck, he wants to get shit done.

I like him as well, but Yang is superior to him. He's superior to all characters in the show.

Yang gets shit done, and also gets people to like him. Like his alchocol philosophy is goat, so is he.

Likeability doesn't matter senpai, it's how you do it.
Yang is the better character, probably the best person ever but I still like Oberstein as my favorite.

>it's how you do it
By that standard Reinhard is the best. He actually accomplished all his goals, and won the war at the same time. Yang's philosophy was as Might Makes Right as Reinhard's, he just didn't have the ambition to actualize it.

Best Admiral coming though. Rapists, autists and passives get out of the way.

>By that standard Reinhard is the best
He is, but Yang is the best of the best by the virtue of being motherfucking Yang.

Guys I think we should start talking about history before MODS delete this thread.

Did you like the alternate history of Earth in the LOGH universe? Did you think it was somewhat accurate prediction of the future of Mankind?

>Did you think it was somewhat accurate prediction of the future of Mankind?
It seems to be working out so far, though it seems we'll hit the whole "decadence and chaos" phase before we get interstellar travel.

> Did you think it was somewhat accurate prediction of the future of Mankind?
I feel like that it's probably going to happen.

That isn't an argument.

Correct, it's facts. Yang is the best character, but Oberstien is my favorite.

You're not talking about facts, you're talking about your opinion. Do you have an argument or are you just going to meme? I enjoy having serious discussions about this anime, and it seems like you're trying your best to keep this from being one.
Why do you like Oberstein more than Reinhard? Why is Yang better than Reinhard?

>Why do you like Oberstein more than Reinhard?
Because I feel like his character is more better developed, more a guy that I can honestly relate to and I hope that he can make it.
>Why is Yang better than Reinhard?
Because Yang is the better leader, and doesn't care about politics, just a historian leading ships.
Wew.

I think there will be a decadence and collapse before we hit the stars, after we recover from that it will probably by a single globalist government that will finally take us there. And then after another 300 or so years we will fall back into decadence anew.

He should have been tried as a war criminal for all the men that died under his command and executed the moment the govermnet saw he didn't destroy Reinhard.
Schönkopf was right, Yang was too beta to do shit that mattered.

Bittendeld even though based, was always a jobber

Do the deeds of men always remain the same Veeky Forums?

He honestly just got over excited. Amlitzer I think is the best example, he even managed to fuck up Yang, then like a retard changed into a trap and lost all his fighters.

Has there been a case before where a high command general or admiral fucks uo that much and doesn't get punished because now and then he manages to turn the tide of a battle with a forced breakthrough?

What anime is this?

I'd wanna say he reminds me of Patton in the regards to attacking, but Patton never fucked up like that, he just didn't into Supply Lines. Honestly Bittenfelt should have stayed as head of a vanguard rather than an independent force.

Boku no Kircheis

Shit wrong pic

>Because I feel like his character is more better developed,
How so?
>more a guy that I can honestly relate to and I hope that he can make it.
How can you relate to him, exactly? What do you think you have in common with him?
>Because Yang is the better leader, and doesn't care about politics, just a historian leading ships.
How does he not care about politics? He isn't a historian leading ships, he's an admiral who never finished studying history.

>How so?
I just feel like to me, personally, that he's more developed and that I kinda latched onto.
>How can you relate to him, exactly? What do you think you have in common with him?
I like the fact that he's ruthless. He wants something done, it shall be done. I like that type of person.
>How does he not care about politics? He isn't a historian leading ships, he's an admiral who never finished studying history.
I'm not gonna defend my point on that, I don't feel like if I start saying shit it'll piss you off because I'm not well versed in this.

Kirchieis was the Agrippa to Lohenngram's Augustus.

Yeah but at least Agrippa didn't get BTFO by a butthurt aide.
Was Reinhard more like Friedrich der Große or more like Alexander?

Alexander fits him rather well, although I like seeing him more like Otto Von Bismark, with the alliance being France. There are a lot of parallels to the franco prussian war

>I just feel
You continue to not make an argument.
>I like the fact
But you say you 'relate' to him. How do you 'relate' to him? Or is English not your first language?
>because I'm not well versed in this
Well, don't go asserting that your opinions are facts, then.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Why was YAng considered a good admiral. I recall seeing him retreating like a bitch from many battles.

>Retreating makes someone a bad commander

Well it fucking means losing a battle if you can't overcome the enemy's might once engaged with him

He conqured Iserlohn Fortress without his man dying, he also beat Reinhard.

Neither really, but Alexander would be a better comparison. Napoleon even more. Actually the best comparison would be a mix of Vespasian and Trajan.
Lohenngram's focus was more to reestablish order in the empire and mend the class divide than to conquer the opposition, and he acted more out of idealism than vanity like most conquerors.

Retreating is better than being defeated. All in all he did amazing feats with much less means than anyone else in the whole opera. Lohenngram was much superior on the political side, but even him was worse than Yang on a purely military standpoint.

If losing a battle is all it takes to be regarded a bad admiral, then there aren't any good ones in the whole series.

Well let's see...
>blonde
>improbably young conqueror
>kinda gay

I'd say Reinhard couldn't be much more of an Alexander the Great copy if the writers tried.

>Gay
Explain

Yeah by doing shitty tircks and not actual space battle and then winning by blowing the fuck out of the imperial fleet with the Iserlohn canon.

Never said he was a bad commander, just not undefeated like the series portryas him. He did run from Kircheis and others at Amlitzer (BTFO Bittenfeld doesn't count, he still ran).
Also in the first battle when command was passed to him he managed to dra Reinhard with 4 times the ships under his command.
Also never defeated Reinhard. Could have but in the end was the government's bitch because >muh ideals

youtube.com/watch?v=78juY_OcxrI
This show was ahead of its time

Oh yeah, this show was most def. ahead of it's time. Have you guys read the first novel?

agrippa is an overrated hack fraud

Well you really should consider that his retreats came out of him heading out of situations where his superior officers were outmaneuvered. You mention Amlitzer, in that battle Bewcock was the one who planned the convergence of the alliance fleets into the hands of amuch larger imperial force. What Yang did in the face of that was disengage in the face of overwhelming odds while also saving another fleet.
You also mention another occasion in which he was passed down command midbattle, what the fuck is the point of judging his performance right there? It's not like you can actually expect anyone to always win regardless of the situation.An admiral that successfully retreat from a battle lost by his commanding officer hasn't suffered a defeat himself.

why the fuck isn't this thread purged yet

How was he overrated? Without him Augustus would have been rekt by the cesaricides, or by Anthony, or by Sextus Pompey, etc. before even becoming the Princeps. And he was also a pretty excellent governor to boot. Seriously, how the fuck was he overrated? He's barely rated by history to begin with.

Because mods have great taste.

What's your problem?

I disagree the best thing to do is to build giant battle ships and charge straight at the enemy and blow them up with your cannons. Also ramming your ship into their should be considered. Retreat is for cowards.

>I'd say Reinhard couldn't be much more of an Alexander the Great copy if the writers tried.
You know they might have made him the heir to the empire instead of raising through the ranks by sheer talent and opportunity Napoleon style. Or they might have made him relatively unconcerned with civil administration. They might have made him a gloryhound instead of being motivated by revenge and idealism. All in all they could have made him more like Alexander the Great very easily indeed, and actually there's many ways in which Reinhardt is basically the opposite.

Is this bait?

it has nothing to do with history

No. I'm a student of the 40k style of space battles. By the way how do you think Abandon the Despoiler would do in LOGH?

Reinhard raised through ranks, he was in the military since he was a kid to revenge his sister.

Still when Paeta passed command to him he still had 4x the ships Reinhard had.
So oh shit the enemy is atacking us in this battlefield and we are getting rekt better run is not losing?

It has more to do with politics, which is kinda related to history, but yeah.

Why didn't Yang join Reinhard?

Isn't that what I said?

it's like if you make an evangelion waifu thread because it's loosely based on christianity

To be honest he did say had he been born in the Empire he would have fought for Reinhard.
I think he still refused his offer to become an Imperial Admiral because cared too much about the other opinion or feared being stabbed by Schönkopf or something

My bad.

because he wanted to fight for what he belived in

Yeah, you're right.

Literally top tier lad

>Still when Paeta passed command to him he still had 4x the ships Reinhard had.
The alliance had twice as many ships as the empire at that battle to begin with, and by the time Yang was given command two third of the allied forces had already been wiped out, putting him in numerical inferiority, and pushed Reinhardt to retreat from the starzone. Why do you lie?

>I'm a student of the 40k style of space battles.
I ask again: is this bait? Did you even pay attention to the show when you watched it, or were you just hoping for a 40K movie that you never got?
>By the way how do you think Abandon the Despoiler would do in LOGH?
This is a retarded line of questioning.

*SPOILER*

His death was epic, as was he. One of my favorites in the series. Schonkopff had style.

Go watch the fucking episode. They said the alliance still had 4 million men and the empire 1 million. Just that the empire lost 150k and the alliance 1 million

Every. fucking. spacebattle

If the show went into detail to explain military strategies, I think that it would have 100 episodes more.

>Was it autism?
No it wasn't. Oberstein's the only assburger in the whole show and I fucking love him

But you know that Yang was total bro tier lad and Reinhard was edgy monarchist memer

>If the show went into detail to explain military strategies,
"If?"
>I think that it would have 100 episodes more.
The only reason it isn't a 26-episode show is the combat.

They didn't went that much into details.

that created this thread, yes, yes it most certainly was

>men
It's a fucking space battle. Ships are what matters, and that was 40k vs 20k, minus the two fleets Paeta lost before passing command to Yang, it's 14k vs 20k.

It already went pretty fucking in depth about it and it was the worst part of the anime, because it was literally 's pic related.
>2D tactics in fucking space

Nope, worst part of the series was easily The Terrarist Church, and 1D aristocrat villains.

Why Abby isn't that bad of a leader, surely he can compete and lead a fleet in Legend of Galactic Heroes?

prove me wrong

How can you fly a ship without a crew, idiot?

I enjoy very few things less than fanfiction. I'm not interested in your question.

Yang inferior to Reinhard? Yang inferior to Reuenthal? Yang inferior to Oberstein? Nice meme you got there, user.

Actually nevermind, I've just checked, you lied about the manpower too, the alliance only had twice as many men as the empire, you're likely basing yourself off the losses disparity while willfully ignoring it was the result of two fleets being wiped out on the alliance's side.

it's not about inferiority. It's not about who's best in space warfare but about who're the most interesting characters and becides, Wii U is a fun console

What the fuck is that last console?