Has Veeky Forums ever quit a job? If so, how did it happen? Why did it happen? Do you regret it...

Has Veeky Forums ever quit a job? If so, how did it happen? Why did it happen? Do you regret it? What did you say to your employer?

>hi unfortunately I won't be able to work here anymore I will be pursuing other opportunities
>this is my 2 weeks notice
>thanks

Only way to do it really. I had a shitty retail job I couldn't stand for four years, and by the end every day I was struggling not to tell the manager to fuck off and walk. I ended up simply putting the two weeks in and trying to be as professional as possible.

Never let your emotions control you, even when you're working with a pack of fucking retarded wolves. Always be professional.

I quit working for the military. They handed out contracts you could sign a year in advance declaring your intent to leave & not attempt to renew your contract. If they hadn't done it immediately after employment I probably would've stayed. Easy money and 100% renewal for my rate.

immediately after deployment*

>not leaving a dramatic resignation letter
>not break dance serving your boss
>not mic drop
you disappoint me Veeky Forums

>Has Veeky Forums ever quit a job?
Yes
>If so, how did it happen? Why did it happen?
I didn't want to work there anymore.
>Do you regret it?
A little bit, I wish I stayed until I found a new job and in some cases I wish i just stayed despite the tough times.
>What did you say to your employer?
"I would like to put in my 2 weeks notice, I don't feel like it's right for me and I want to try something else instead"

handed in my notice for my first shitty job out of university. Agree with the general sentiment of not slamming the door on the way out (figuratively and literally).

I do wish i had another job lined up first though so i could be more pushy and demanding, but this wasn't a brash decision and I'm sure in a few months I'll look back thinking why the fuck i left it so long in the first place.

I worked for some financial advisors doing some clerical and assitantship stuff. They offered to make me a full-fledged advisor after a year and change, but I didn't think I had the sales capability so I turned down the promotion and left to find a new career.

>18
>Summer job at Macy's in the loading dock
>Think I'm gonna be throwing big ass boxes around all day and getting swole
>40 year old black woman gives me a box cutter and sticks me at the end of a conveyor belt
>Surrounded by blacks, hispanics, and other undesirables
>8 hour shift of doing nothing but cutting open boxes and pushing them further on
>Guy next to me asks if I'm in school. Tell him I'm majoring in Computer Science
>"Oh! I majored in Computer Science too. I dropped out, though"

Have never NOPED harder in my life. I quit at the end of my shift and got an internship with a company the next summer. 5 years later I still work for that same company.

Why always be professional when the company you work for doesn't give a shit about you and only care about money? Is that professional?

yes, twice

>If so, how did it happen?
went to my boss and told him // went to commander and told him

Why did it happen?
army paid alot more, i wanted to see the world und i hated myself for working for such low pay under those conditions // quit the army cuz uniforms suck and all those dickheads giving you instructions

Do you regret it?
not once, time at army was fun mostly and i developed alot during this time // job i have now pays 15% more than first job and i love to work there

What did you say to your employer?
Boss i need to quit // sorry i need to quit duty

>scared of opportunity

jesus christ, this is why you people are still poor.

I quit many jobs. Usually just called the boss and said I was done. Then gave them 1 week to finish up working for them.

People gave me shit about being a "quitter". Well now I own my own business, make enough money, and don't take any boss's shit.

Obviously you need some backbone, and gotta work hard. but never tolerate abuse and getting worked like a slave. Fuckin quit. dont be afraid.

>quitting army
>sorry i need to quit duty

what kind of fucking pog commander doesnt just chokeslam you into the front leaning rest?

AUT, i'd be rich by now if he did that - but sadly he was a pretty cool guy and understood my resons

I'm about to quit for the first time in my life, I'll be giving my notice next week.

Ultra short version
>was superb employee for a few years
>get recognized by peers and management, no raise in salary
>ask for a market price raise, get told to go fuck myself by my supervisor, the dept director and the firm's career consultant in an escalating series of meetings
>send literally one job application to a competitor
>land a job with 80% salary increase (including benefits)

All I'm going to tell my employer is to sign the paper and be done with it. If he wants to talk I'll say there's nothing to talk about, both parties have been heard.

>protip: drama is for victims and those without power

>get told to go fuck myself by my supervisor, the dept director and the firm's career consultant in an escalating series of meetings

that's hilarious. I guess switching jobs every few months really is the way to go these days

I quit target. Cunt lesbian manager tried to put blame on me and then chewed me out while Coworkers laughed because she made it obvious it was me. So I left in the middle of closing shift kek, they sent texts saying how much I fucked them over by ditching mid shift and it was hilarious. Had a new a job next day too.

the other side always pays more i guess

It's absolutely surreal to me. Considering the fact that it's a software firm full of 9-5 grind kind of people, one would think they'd want to hold onto talent and dedicated employees. But then again, the management in said company lives in some kind of 1960's communist utopia where equal pay regardless of effort is the norm.

Keep in mind that that IS an anecdote, not every company is like that. E.g. the company that hired me this week told me work experience means jack shit, only your skills count.

I quit a computer tech gig in 2006 after 6 years because I was increasingly agitated seeing the boss attack some of my coworkers, plus I had to work that Christmas eve and the day after Christmas which pisses me off. It's like I get this one time per year to get senpai all together and can't fucking enjoy it. Just decided one day to tell him I was leaving and walked.

I've quit around 10 jobs since, mostly without notice. I don't screw around or hold grudges... I just hand my badge over to security and walk away when I feel like the pay isn't worth the stress anymore.

Yes you take a minor hit for future prospects but it's not as bad as you'd think.

>Flooring sales
Pros:
>Easy
>Cushy
>Super low workload, probably did about 1-2hrs actual work a day

Cons:
>It was so slow I wanted to end myself some days
>Absolutely dead-end. Everyone was 30 years older than me and clearly not happy with their lives
>Sexual harrassment. Not joking, the most foul graphic shit described by one boss about a female coworker right to her face.
>Crap wage and no commission

It was good for the experience but very unprofessional and to be honest I wasn't even needed, I was just a warm body in most respects.

Oh also
>No regrets, it was shit

>I just emailed a short resignation letter as my two-week notice.

Yes, I was over worked and under paid.

I looked for other jobs before quitting.

I do not regret it.

I told my employer "I accepted a job in another position at a different company. Thank you for everything."

What else would you say? lol

Handed in my notice today, they were making me redundant anyway. I have another job.. A better one hopefully

Lol when my employer is a piece of shit and co-workers are cunts I walk out during a shift a week or two before Christmas when it gets really busy.

If you're working a shitty menial job and your employer's a piece of shit just walk out and don't return you cucks

I'm sure whoever they hired to replace me was 1/4 as productive as me and 1/10th my value.

Moral of the story, treat your employees well, don't be a piece of shit, you might get someone willing to work for you for more than two months

Speak some sense into me Veeky Forums

yrs experience, making 72k a year
>>Decide to go out on interviews just to see what the market's like
>>"How much are you looking to make user?"
>>"100k"
>>"lmfaogtfo"
>>Okay, guess I'll wait to get a few more years of experience then.
>>One qt3.14 recruiter goes to bat for me
>>Lands me an interview
>>Smile and firm handshake
>>Blow the interview out of the water
>>Place offers me a $52/hour contract with a 100k salary + benefits follow on after 6 months.
>>Tell my current employer
>>Offer to bump current base pay to 81k + full tuition reimbursement
>>Tell recruiter
>>"The salary offer is flexible, take some time to think about it and come back with a number"
>>mfw

The only fringe benefit that my current place has over this other place is that its 100% work from home, so I'm able to work and browse dank memes all day.

One would think the prospect of an extra 30k a year would be a no-brainer, but I'm still feeling some strong anxiety over the decision. Is that just me being too comfortable with where I'm at? Anyone else have a similar experience?

NICE

>Walmart unloader
>people sleeping with each other, corrupt management
>manipulated people into doing my work for me
>literally should of been fired the first week
>realized I qualified for food stamps and welfare
>Mfw fasfa,BOG, food stamps, welfare, and unemployment benefits
>have just enough to get through college and graduate as a presidential scholar
>quit wall e world
>no regrets

> I wish I stayed until I found a new job and in some cases I wish i just stayed despite the tough times

Dude, I've been there.

The job just felt way too shitty at the time and I just couldn't see myself working there much longer.

I kind of wish there was a way to handle the daily bs that job gave me.

Don't be stupid. 30k, while a lot, doesn't add value to your life if it's going to mess with your general well-being. Everything you do in life is an investment; it'll either be money or your time. In this case, you're investing your time to work for 'x' company and your time has more value than simply money. Huge value is placed on more than simply cash flow as any good investor knows, so you have to look at it from a different perspective and not just the dollar amount.

If you are happier working from home, then it will be better to stay with that job. The added stress of leaving the house could seriously mess you up and it wouldn't be worth 30k extra dollars in a company you are just starting with who could easily can you if you don't do as well as they expected. Look at more than cash-flow just like an intelligent investor would and you'll come up with an answer.

To be honest, the working from home is not even that big of deal for me, especially since the commute to the other place would only be 10 minutes.

I'm actually more worried about underperforming since they're desperate to hire me because of high-expectations and lack of qualified candidates.

I thrive off of high pressure situations though which is why a strong part of me feels that this is the right move, if only because I need to constantly push myself.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback family.

Don't take the offer from the current employer. Usually its a trap. Switch to the new company, make more money, learn more valuable skills, then switch again in another few years.

>45 minutes late to job
>go through drive thru at mcdonalds
>order food
>get to window to pick up food.
>get food
>throw mcdonald's shirt in and say I quit.

Probably my most fun quitting ever.

Your anxiety then is probably simply new job jitters. If you thrive in that kind of high-pressure situation, as I do, then go for it absolutely. Good luck.

Sounds like you've been burned before. Care to explain?

>extra 20% to deal with commuting every day and spending the entire day around normies

fuck no. you're living the dream

Just lots of stories from friends and family.

>Oh, a new company offered me 75k. So I'm leaving.
>We can match that, you should stay
>Seems reasonable?
>Proceeds to make your life hell
>"we just don't see the improvement in output we needed, do all this new and shitty unrelated work"
>former coworkers now hate your guts
>offer from other company no longer on table

The best thing you can do is make a clean break. It's important to recognize IMAGE is the most powerful thing you can control about yourself. At your old job, you're a known quantity, you're some fucker who makes 50K and has skills X, Y, and Z. At a new job, you can get a fresh first impression, and they might see your skills as much more valuable- leading to them paying you more. A few years after that, once you're an employee currently making 75K, then you apply to a NEW new company and they make a salary offer based on the 75K and not the 50K you made before that.

Basically, in 2016 the best thing you can do is aggressively seek better employment. Switching every few years will maximize your salary prospects, and it's the only way you can hit 100K by 30. Ask anyone successful and they'll tell you they've worked for multiple people- working for one person your entire life until you die is for broke losers.

What you're describing is probably more of a motivator than the salary itself.

Recruiters basically laughed at me when I said I wanted to go from 72 to 100k, EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD NO WAY OF VERIFYING MY ACTUAL SALARY. Definitely opened my eyes to the kinds of comparative judgment people make.

This, I have walked out on two jobs the day of black friday.

I went from 80 to 120, you just gotta be coy and add in your "total compensation" then negotiate salary as though total comp is your base.

Explain what you mean by minor hit for future prospects. Like if you put them on a resume? Do people really call and ask if you quit or not? Or how does this go down?

>10 minute commute
Take it man, you'll certainly grow into the position

Can you negotiate dollar per hour amount? Or will they say no

worked at the equivalent of a local Taco Bell.

The managers work long shifts and are always sleep deprived and stressed out.Two of the girl employees are cows and totally lazy/ bitches and will talk shit all day long. Got burnt hands all day, legs strained from standing for six hours, and hands dried out because of some flour like stuff in the gloves we had to wear.

One time was standing with a full line of drive thru and asked for help from one of the fat ones working an empty counter. She tells me that's not her job and to fuck off. On the daily everyone likes to tell me how inept and stupid I am. Surrounded by idiots who are all just cynical ass holes who like to trash on me. Get to a point where I feel emotionally strained and angry just thinking about these people. One day I don't show up for my shift, manager calls asking where I am and I just casually say I don't feel like ever going again I quit.

No regrets since, glad I fucked over the people who had to cover my shift for those two weeks. Found a quick ass new job weeks later cleaning subsidized housing. Literally walk around all day listening to audio books picking up trash from evicted black peoples homes.

At least put in a 3 days notice, but 2 weeks is usually the norm. Just walking out will look bad if anybody ever calls them when you go searching for a new job.

Multiple. Usually because I found a better job. I found those jobs for various reasons, usually because I disliked the management team at the current company I was working for. I've only ever regretted it once, but that was because I did it before my entire team was let go and they all go very nice severance packages.

As for what I said, I use a pretty standard 2 week notice letter:

To Whom It May Concern,

As of I will be terminating my employment with . I would like to thank you for my time working here, but I feel it is time for me to move on to future endeavors.

Thank you,

Just because they are shit stains doesn't mean you need to be. If anything, it just makes them feel they were right to be shit to you.

Not everyone can be the Nostalgia Critic.

I get real tired of that "Winners never quit" bullshit. If I'm leaving to make more money, then I am winning.

It's not about switching every few months, you've got to show some stability in your resume otherwise you will get to the point people will just shrug you off because they will assume you'll be gone. That being said, never be afraid to look for something else if your current job sucks.

The longest I've ever worked for a company is a year.

I believe if you're not constantly moving, you're stagnating. I'm not gonna let that happen to me.

I worked at a grocery store and felt like I was being overworked. One day I had enough and literally pulled the store director aside and completely lied and told him I was going to prison and had to quit immediately. It sounds badass when I type it out but really it's just from my autism

I should put that on my resume, like verbatim. I'm certain my career would take off.

>Dishwasher 2010-2011
>Janitor 2011-2012
>""Freelance Writer"" 2012-2013
>Roofer 2013-2014
>Landscaper 2014-2015

Because they can come back and bite you in the ass.

Employers might know each other

retarded nigger boss might keep looking for you if you update linkedin and shittalk your current place of employment

yes people are that petty

I once worked at a place that helped organize small neighborhood festivals for the city I live in.
Boss was a real dick
One day I got fed up with his bullshit and while he was yelling at me I straight up spat in his face.
He then handed the cup of coffee he was holding to his assistant and tried to hit me.
I dodged his punched and just ran for the door, laughing, while he was chasing after me, trying to get a hold of my clothes.

Was one of the few moments in my life I felt real happiness.
Needless to say I got a call from his assistant telling me not to show up afterwards,
Surprisingly enough, he didn't try to sue me, tho.

Do side jobs fall also under your statement? Because I am studying Computer Science and working in a consulting company home office, I wanted to do it until I have my master, currently in 2nd semester bachelor. Doing this job since more than one year.

Did you ask the assistant why?

Quit a job earning $10/hour after employer didn't go through with my raise to $12/hr

"I'm going to find a better paying job, thank you for the work"

Soon was on 24/hour

I only regret quitting before I had a new job secured.

i quit many jobs before.. its nothing personal, i ts just part of doing business.. moving up the ladder

>tfw employers market in my state
I actually can't quit.

Yes. I worked at this factory for two years. never missed a day of work in those two years. Always cashing out my vacation pay at the end of the year.
so my last year of working there, I asked if I could take my 3 weeks vacation plus an extra week leave of absence ( I had to deal with some stuff in another country ). Supervisor denied it and I gave him my 1 week notice of resignation.

i quit working for some dumbass law firm. i was working under a partner who treated his staff very poorly (i was a paralegal then, this was 1 month ago)

he was also doing illegal and unethical shit to the clients. i tried to get out under him, i told one other partner of the stuff he'd been doing. i was thrown under the bus and bullied and harassed out of the organisation by the bad partner of the law firm - he even made some shit up about how i tried to steal stuff (which i never did)

i gave them no notice, i said im not working for you anymore. HR person said i can't do that. at this point in time, I know that the bad partner had almost been to jail for beating his wife and is an actual psycho - and i cited those reasons for not wanting to come into work incase things got physical. this is also in light of the psycho partner calling me after 9:30PM every night.

i found a new job as i got out. thank fuck. the firms problem now, he's a fucking ticking time bomb

If its a real established company go for it. If it is a start up or a new line of business you could be walking into a shitshow.

Yup, several

>If so, how did it happen? Why did it happen?
Most of the time I found a better job. I rage quit once and another time I just walked off.

I got fed up with boss bullshit on construction job making these unrealistic demands and then he started bullying so I dropped my tools and told him to fuck off.

The other time I had to move and the resturant I was working at required two weeks notice or they would with hold my last paycheck. It wasn't much so I didn't go back because I left in a hurry to get a better paying job in another state.

>Do you regret it? What did you say to your employer?
Nope. I'm usually professional. I write the letter. I keep a copy. I'm courteous and polite. The one time only happened because my boss was an ass. They usually aren't upset but on occasion they can be real dicks. Just do your part and try not to burn bridges

Quit my job as techsupport because i wanted to start college.
Told my boss "i quit". He said Ok, sad to see you go.
Don't regret it, it was a shitty job. Miss the money though, it paid pretty well.

I'm quitting my current job next month probably. I've been looking around, and found several cushy jobs in Japan, where I've always wanted to live.

I've quit several jobs. 1 by making a scene and walking out. 1 by giving two weeks when they wouldn't match a full time offer elsewhere. 2 by not telling a micromanaging durka (HR ruined that by making it a 1 week notice). Another by 2 week notice because I couldn't afford to stay. And 3 by getting fired while interviewing elsewhere.

Of them all there is only 1 that I regret and that's largely because of how terrible most of the jobs that followed were. In retrospect it was stay in a tolerable job that didn't pay enough to live or work with retards for 3-5 months at a time for better pay.

Many times.

>Sales. Zero training with product. "You'll pick it up"
Just didn't show up for shifts anymore.
>Warehouse with fucked up and dangerous racks about to collapse "It'll get fixed eventually. I've reported it already"
Got ~1 week notice
>Sales/repairs. Asshole boss, didn't even know how to use his own computer/printer. Payroll always fucked up.
~2 weeks notice

Don't work for shitty people but learn what you can and leave.

I think I'm leaving one of my jobs.

I started working at this pizza shop a few years ago. Old management was drunkards, they taught me the ropes in the restaurant but then the alcohol got the best of them and shit got hectic. I left and, they sold the business. The old boss taught me a lot of little details to put into quality control, I mean the guy was a good chef and we had a good run. So anyways this new guy bought in and I came back under the new management. First of all he doesn't know food and relies 100% on the old workers who know all the recipes, and yet he's prideful as shit and loves to take credit for how well it's going since he took over. He degrades his workers constantly, especially the delivery drivers because they are bottom of the totem pole. He busts balls at any chance he gets and it's funny at first but as time goes on I start to feel bad for them. He does the same thing with the cooks but not as much - I mean, he takes any opportunity he can, but he has less opportunities with the cooks. So if he can't bust balls about the job he'll still find personal stuff to bust balls about. I can take it but the micromanagement gets old. I know the kitchen better than he does, so when he comes at me about some bad habit he thinks I have, I fucking love criticism but when he comes at me with some unreasonable shit and I have to defend myself it's just fucking stupid.

Make no mistake, I love his work as a businessman/marketer. But his management style just pisses me off and he has NO appreciation for how much the workers are carrying the place. He likes to remind us that we are all replaceable.

Now he's opening a new location, and again, it's amazing considering how long he's been running the place. He's opening a new location in under a year and I think that's amazing. But his management style has been bothering me and I'm thinking about bailing. I have a decent opportunity to do something else, and I can let him replace my replaceable ass. Win/win desu

Oh and working with a welding crew
"We'll send you to school for certification, but first lift those beams without any assistance. Just ruin your back and knees, who needs lifters/pullys? Blowtorch cut that beam in a muddy puddle"
After a few months and figuring out that "paid school" was not happening, I just said I can't keep doing this and walked out at the end of the day

are you trying to sound like trump

kevin is that you?

I'm not, but thanks. I know I use comma splices way too much.

I'm on the fence about the decision but my gut is telling me to do it. At this point I think it's stockhold syndrome that is making me hesitate. I admire the man as a businessman. He is constantly researching the market and his advertising strategy is on point. He networks with local business people so that he can cater to them when they have events. Also this new location is going to be a big deal for us. Our current location is dinky; it was an old cottage someone bought and turned into a pizza shop. It's pretty bad, like we have a single-burner camping stove and a tiny fryer that slows down business because it can only hold so much.. if I'm sending out a delivery with multiple fried items, and a customer shows up to pick up wings.. sorry for the wait! The new location will have a full kitchen and sit-down dining so it's a really big deal for all of us.

He told me 2 things when I came to work for him: there would be a probationary period with a raise after 90 days. Didn't happen. And, second, that anyone who stays on board while he gets situated and opens a new location, will be taken care of. Well, with the raise going totally out of the window.. the way I see it, the business will grow, but I will not be growing with it. Maybe it's my fault for not being up his ass about the raise. But he knows damn well. He didn't forget. He's just not bothering because I haven't bothered him about it.

It's going to be hard to tell him that I'm moving on but I probably will let him know tonight. I'll tell him I will work through to next weekend if he wishes.

Yes

>If so, how did it happen?
I walked into his' office and told him that I was leaving.

>Why did it happen?
See section five

>Do you regret it?
No

>What did you say to your employer?
The entire department is in constant violation of policies that exist to maximize our profit margins, not to mention their conduct is going to incite a lawsuit very soon. I respect you as a person, but this staff is easily the worst out of all the time I've been here. I'm telling you this because you're a friend, but I can't risk staying at a company I honestly believe is going to implode.

I was working for a 30yo manchild who ran a pool service business his daddy pretty much bought for him. He would make retarded moves with his money all the time like buying a $20,000 motorcycle with cash, then having to borrow money from his dad for chemicals to keep his business afloat. Long story short:

>make a ton of stupid purchases
>feel pressure to make more money because in huge debt
>get frustrated because work is hard and unpleasant
>take it out on the employees

Eventually I told him that I'm not willing to be shit-talked for $10 per hour, and demanded an immediate raise to $25 per hour OR that he stop treating me with disrespect OR that I will quit immediately. He couldn't afford $25 per hour, and he wouldn't apologize for disrespecting me, so I jumped out of the truck, and told him I quit. He followed me for awhile to talk more shit and try using reverse psychology/fear tactics to get me to come back and keep working for him.

He was so desperate, he hired my cousin afterwords, and my cousin quit shortly after for the same reason. So here's this man-baby trying to run and grow a business who can't hang onto a single employee because it's too hard for him to be professional. Hahahahahahahaha

How did your time as a freelance writer prepare you for dishwasher desu
kek

fucking hilarious

definitely use the work at home scenario to negotiate a little more (emphasis on LITTLE more) for this position if you havent already. theyd probably throw in another 5 or 10K. but only if you actually know how to negotiate properly.

in any case what is your job!?!? i would kill to work from home, especially with your salary.

>Did you ask the assistant why?
The guy was yelling at employees not because they had fucked up but because he needed to blow off steam from stuff that was happening in his personal life.
They never admitted it but my theory is that he later realized he had been asking for this to happen for a long time.

also working a decent job and want to quit, only problem is lining up work. Over the past four months I've applied to 100 positions (can only crank out 1 every weekday sometimes 2 after getting all my other shit sorted, try to make each one unique for the company). Only one phone interview and I screwed it up because it caught me off guard.

desperately want to leave this job though I feel trapped because i cant survive without it. feels fucking terrible.

Software Developer.

Wait until you find out what some of the architects were making at my company.

>$90/hr
>100% remote
>100% flexible schedule

Part of the motivation for taking the other position is to accelerate my career path towards a position like that and then come back to this place or one like it.

>architect
>$180k/yr @40h per w
Math phd's also start at $300k/yr on Wall Str

>have a good job, friendly, little responsiblity, no accountability, +100K
>boring as fuck
>no future advancement in site
>tell a co-worker that I would like to enjoy my job
>he told me he is just there for the paycheck
>tells me that it is rare for people to enjoy their job
>says I should just show up and enjoy the money
>worried that he is right.

Should I be quitting or am I just dreaming?

Left a department store job a couple of years ago.

>once went 4 months without a shift even though I kept calling to ask for more shifts
>"Oh yeah, we'll put you on probably the next roster"
>Finally getting more work
>3 shifts a week, 3 hours
>they now have a new uniform and get mad at me for not having it even though I hadn't worked for months and had no idea
>hand in my tax declaration form
>Manager forgets to send it so I'm taxed 50% each pay
>Products in the store are moved around in that time and they get mad that I haven't memorized where every little thing is.
>Called into the office
>Classic intimidation technique of having 2 people talk to me on either side of me
>tell me I'm not doing well enough
>tell them I'd do better if I got more shifts as I've been employed here for a year and have worked the equivalent of 1 and half months
>tell me they don't like my attitude
>Have to go to another city for a weekend
>tell them 2 weeks in advance
>The same manager I told calls me up when I'm in another city asking where I am
>Tell her I said I'd be in another city and gave 2 weeks notice
>Says I'm lying and if I miss another shift I would be fired
>Quit and tell them they are extremely unprofessional, the managers have no fucking idea what they're doing and I'm treated like shit
They continue to call me for another 4 months asking where I am because I have a shift.
>Tell them I quit months ago and shit like this is exactly why

How long did it take you to get there fampai?

Brian?

I quit my first my job at a conjoined KFC/Taco Bell without saying anything because our management was so shit. I applied there to save up some money between college.

>employed for 4 months, only worked 12 hours
>they lost my voided checks several times and weren't computer savy enough to put my bank information which I gave them through the online application to simply read off my routing to know to send my paychecks there
>instead they made my paycheck get routed to a debit card which almost every employee had working there
>wrote me up my first day for doing nothing 5 minutes in despite the fact I never received training or was taught to do anything and my manager had told me to wait where I was
>turns out my hiring manager just gave me the uniform and left to go home 5 minutes before without telling me
>we weren't allowed to wear gloves or oven mitts
>constantly washing hands, we'd always run out of soap within the hour
>they specifically made me fetch the metal pots and pans for being the newbie "who always get stuck with the lackey work at first" (which they stored in various heated ovens) bare handed which lead me to constantly bleed and blister
>get bitched every half an hour for bleeding
>got written up once for that too
>just left without saying a word
>time comes where I wanted to use the money and it turns out they entered my wrong SSN into their systems, so I never even got the money I worked for.

Fuck fast food.

+100k a year is a buttload
Make sure you're having fun outside of work or else its all for naught

1 week? You are suppose to do 2 weeks asshole

Can you legally tell your boss to fuck off or can they sue you for that? (American)

I have anxiety and I always fear of retaliation for my actions

Are you in an "at will" state, or a "right to work" state?

How can they legally withhold your last paycheck? I'm pretty sure that is illegal. You worked those hours so you should get a check

well I did it, I gave a weeks notice

It went well. I didn't go into all the crap about why I'd rather move on. I just told him I have an opportunity to move on and there is no point in asking for more money from him because he'd have to more than double my pay and we both know it isn't happening. There isn't really much use in telling him why I don't agree with his personality; the man is 48 and isn't about to become less of a jerk because some employee couldn't take the heat. He said I probably won't be able to come back because he will have to hire a replacement but also supported my decision saying I should go if I think another job will be better for me. He thanked me for giving notice, and said don't feel bad, "it's business."

Feels good to leave on good terms. I'll be working through the rest of the week which will be a little rough because me and the chef work really well together and I'll miss the camaraderie we share in the kitchen.

This is probably my first time leaving a job on good terms now that I think of it

Warehouse worker wanted to attack me.
I worked the office and partly the warehouse in supervising.

The kid was the warehouse manager's family friend. He said I was at fault, and it wasn't a big deal in general.

Unpaid checks are rendered to the state. Call up the old employer cordially, then the state's labor department.