data360.org/dsg.aspx?Data_Set_Group_Id=475
biblehub.com/kjv/1_timothy/2.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_toYr_Hcdo
youtube.com/watch?v=YJuFfWwGpjA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

One side of the cancer killing the western world

Shitty alt right

Entered twice.
Full of Americans politics that are irrelevant to my interests.
Remain /int/ellectual.

Only go there for the memes.

The master board. Other boards are just jelly of their popularity and that they are always right

Too juvenile and obnoxious.

Obviously controlled by JIDF.

Right on some things, but absolutely delusional on others, like immigration for example.

>muh roads

>Cut taxes
>Not defence

How do you think the defence budget is funded moran.

/pol/ might be better if it didn't bandwagon every meme right wing populist and then cry bitter tears when they inevitably lose.

You know that there was no income tax in the US until the begining of the XX century. With tariffs you can sustain a nation state. This is assuming that only public entities could build infrastructure,which is false,as the first roads were built by traders,for example.

>there was no income tax in the US until the begining of the XX century.

"The United States imposed income taxes briefly during the Civil War and the 1890s, and on a permanent basis from 1913"

>when they inevitably lose.
Well,Trump is having a great run for the moment,and if Clinton is the nominee,I can see him winning the election

Isn't it quite literally a containment board?

>briefly
Yeah,during wars taxes are raised. What a surprised. And the 1913 is the beginning of the XX century.

And thus the mudslinging starts!

It is the biggest or second biggest board on Veeky Forums. Pol is Veeky Forums and his is a containment board for leftypol

>Modern economies
>Tariffs
Pick one.

There were state income taxes though, every state had poll taxes, which is virtually indistinguishable from income tax.

I can see it too, but the USA needs to get used to the idea of some radical/populist party leading the polls and getting everyone scared before they fall at the last hurdle and the regular boring assholes resume power. Happens everywhere else.

Annoying cunts. There's a time and a place for everything. I like to go there every once in a while for a laugh but they need to keep the /pol/ in /pol/ and stop derailing our threads. Like, seriously, why are they so obsessed with niggers?

Right, but see when you say that Veeky Forums is a leftist containment board that is just an observational label of this board based on the opinions that are often held here. Was the sole purpose /pol/ not to seriously just have an outlet for people to be totally fucking politically incorrect?

China does it. The EU does it. Everyone does it.

>and getting everyone scared
Why would anyone outside of ilegals,that cant vote, be scared of Trump. His proposals are pretty standard outside of inmigration and the wall. He was probably the most moderate Republican on the race.

>Why would anyone outside of ilegals,that cant vote, be scared of Trump. His proposals are pretty standard outside of inmigration and the wall. He was probably the most moderate Republican on the race.
You and I both know this election has been about rhetoric and not actual policy.

I don't like the fact that it's now a trump center shithole with all the shitposting going on, people telling me to go on reddit to follow there faggot colony, and telling me to fuck off because I wanna talk about Christ.

/pol/ is merely /b/ that is serious.

Yes,but Trump is just a moderate nationalist. I wouldn't be scared of him becoming president. Hell,his foreing policy seems quite reasonable,he was one of the few people with Rand ,that didnt want a fucking war with Russia. People like Cruz or Carson are way more radical,both in Rhethoric and policy. Trump was just meaner with iligals and periodists

After the hilarious autismal embarrassment that was yesterday's Libertarian debate I doubt anyone is going to want to associate themselves with these degenerates anymore.

What happened?

They wouldn't be so bad if they'd keep /pol/ in /pol/.

I wouldnt be sure about the serious thing. Things like merchant posting are mostly jokes. They are just serious about Rhodesia,Syrian civil war,Refugees and Trump,and I am not sure about the latter. Pol has lots of idiots because it is a big board. You can have very interesting discussions there

How are libertarians in the US? Here they are usually very educated minority,that usually stomps other positions in debates.

>They are just serious about Rhodesia,Syrian civil war,Refugees and Trump,and I am not sure about the latter
They are legitimately peddling people to go on reddit to follow shit, and it's the biggest reason I'm on Veeky Forums. I wanna talk about Christ and not get called a cuck because some faggot LARPer NEET is triggered by it. It's annoying as fuck.

Irredeemably shit. It's nothing more than a collective shitting hole for teenagers to reinforce their own biases using memes and selective statistics.

>. I wanna talk about Christ and not get called a cuck because some faggot LARPer NEET is triggered by it
You mean fedora posting? Is quite hilarious.

>/pol/ literally kicked their annoying preachers to Veeky Forums
Beautiful.

>You mean fedora posting? Is quite hilarious.
It isn't. It drags away the discussion, and you can tell, fucking tell, that the faggots are from reddit.

>using memes and selective statistics.
Like every political discussion since forever?

The discussion here is oftentimes shit, but nowhere near as bad as /pol/.

I always laugh with them,and it represents well how some obssesed pseudointelectual atheist are. But you are right,it sometimes kills the discussion. Maybe if you focus the thread about philosophy you will get better discussion

It's like /int/ for people who don't want to learn about other cultures

> It's like /int/ for people who don't want to learn about other cultures
You described int. Int is just for calling other countries shit,circlejerking generals and """banter"""

>/Brit/ /Balt/ /cum/ /v4/
>Why can't I get a gf
>What do you think of chocolate girls?
"/int/ellectual"

Because pol is much bigger and can fill a thread in 2 hours,while there are 5 day long threads on his. You can have good discussions on pol. You just have to filter the idiots.

>Maybe if you focus the thread about philosophy you will get better discussion
Fuck that, I wanna talk with other Christians about shit on /pol/ and gets fucking sacked by redditors, pagan cuckolds who want to jerk off to celtic (king of the cucks right there)/nordic shit, or atheist faggots. Just go in a different thread goddamn.

Well Veeky Forums? Is /pol/ right?

Not to the same degree as other countries do.

Eritrea for example has massive import tariffs, which likewise stunt growth and make it an eternally shit country.

>Eritrea
Yeah because protectionism cant work in a poor country with no internal market. China uses tariffs all the fucking time,and they have been doing fine.

You know what would be a good idea? If we all went back to being backwards uneducated farmers circa "begining of the XX century"

I'm sure that there won't be capital flight and brain drain to places that still care about modern infrastructure. We'll still have those things, they'll just rain out of the sky thanks to the magic of capitalism because we'll be true believers

Bad.

They arguably destroyed Veeky Forums. Every topic so easily breaks into is it /pol/ or anti-/pol/. Encourages shallow, knee-jerk thinking.

Veeky Forums always was offensive but always more random and less organized.

moot should have deleted it sooner but /int/ getting flags also added fuel to the fire.

>You know what would be a good idea? If we all went back to being backwards uneducated farmers circa "begining of the XX century"
>I'm sure that there won't be capital flight and brain drain to places that still care about modern infrastructure. We'll still have those things, they'll just rain out of the sky thanks to the magic of capitalism because we'll be true believers
What the fuck are you trying to prove? Usually capital goes where they can make a profit,and low taxes helps in that regard a lot. There can be rail roads and roads without a central goverment. And there are alternative to taxes,like tariffs,public lotteries or crowd founding . Most of the public expenditure is mostly things that are not even needed like welfare and the likes.

neo-/b/ basically

its full of mass-men who just fall for the first populist banality that appeal to their base emotions.
They also are incredibly reactive rather than proactive
it nonetheless expresses a very crude, anti-intellectual picture of the current zeitgeist, where there are some valid points to be discussed

Like any other board, in the middle of the all the metric-tons of shit, there are sometimes a good thread or a bunch of good posts. plus there's /sg/ which is great. it has its own "board culture", and its usually populated with less retarded people, though it has plenty of shitposting, there is hardly any better source for info in the Syrian War, even though they're a bit pro-Assad

its a failed containment board

Should stay on their containment board

What does Veeky Forums think of them?

A fucking Joke.

>his is a containment board for leftypol
hardly.
there are marxists here, sure, but they are far from a majority

Fun Fact: Left/Marxist is /pol/ shorthand for "people we don't like."

Fellow Comrades to be honest my tovarishch.

Put them in the fucking oven. All communists are trash, heretics in eyes of God. Fuck the faggots that say "Oh Jesus was a gommie"

And there are libertarians,monarchists and Pinochetits in pol too. But things like spook posting is something that came from lefty pol,and the left wing threads are usually tolerated,while the right wing ones, like pro-abortion threads gives you a warning or ban,eventhou it is a humanities board,and the morality of abortion is a topic that is theoretically allowed

>telling me to fuck off because I wanna talk about Christ
They're no true /pol/acks.

I thought spook posting came from Veeky Forums

>They're no true /pol/acks.
You're right, they are redditors. They need to fucking leave. If they don't leave, I will still stay here. Because right now this board is the only board that I can talk about religion and I'm not keen on moving to redditchan.

Isn't Veeky Forums lefty pol too?

/pol/ is a good board that actually does practice politics by seizing the comment section of popular videos on jewtube.

They are contrarian to their core, and in my opinion, make Veeky Forums better.

Of all of the boards, they practice introspection the most, realize their hypocrisies more than most, and practice self-hate that makes /r9k/'s sexual insecurities look like a walk in a park.

The only thing I hate about them is their faggot ass "kek" pagan shit, and Catholic name fags.

>Catholic name fags.
WOLFSHIEM? He's fine.

kek
no, atleast not anymore

the majority of anons there are apolitical

>is their faggot ass "kek" pagan shit
but that was one of the funniest, best content that came out of /pol/ lately

>/pol/ is a good board

to keep all the racists, uneducated, and stupid posters in one place talking about Adolf Hitler, Jewish conspiracies, Gnomonism, &c.

still a heavy recruitment site for Stormfront

>but that was one of the funniest, best content that came out of /pol/ lately
No it's not, its shit. It's shit that drives people out and is a reason that we go preachers on Veeky Forums.

Was good before mandatory country flags and user IDs. Now it's a cancerous shithole, like most boards that tolerate "general" threads.

Pretty much the same kind of people as tumblerinas, just latched onto different "causes."

>What the fuck are you trying to prove?
That you're worshiping an "early XX century" golden age which never actually existed and we couldn't go back to if we wanted too.

pic related
>We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors

it's like fox news but with more memes and teen jokes

But why does income tax means progress? The purchasing power has go down since it was implemented taxes have balloned out of proportion and most public expending is totalky unecesary (welfare). Spain didnt have an incone tax until 1978 and the country wasnt collapsing,and roads were built( in fact most of them) and lots of dikes were built. Just saying that something is progress because muh current year doesn't make it right.

>This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork,archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc.
>For the purpose of determining what is history, please do not start threads about events taking place less than 25 years ago. Historical discussions should be focused on past events, and not their contemporary consequences. Discussion of modern politics, current events, popular culture, or other non-historical topics should be posted elsewhere. General discussions about international culture should go on /int/.

Not Veeky Forums.
I go to TrumpGen during rallies.

/pol/ was an okay board 5 years ago but went to shit really fast after they got the idea of being some kind of central hub for alt-right idiots from all across the internet. Everybody they don't like is associated with jews, liberals, SJW's or marxists. That ought to tell you something about the true nature of the board

You're probably right, I just personally dislike Catholicism and how they think that the bible shouldn't be taken literally. For some reason I direct my dislike against the messenger too instead of the message.

nah

I still people get called stormweenies. I personally take believe that nationalism and internationalism aren't much different due to the fact that they both require collectivism; therefore, they degenerate to the same shit in the end.

I see crappy political compass threads and I always get people riled up when I tell them that in reality, individualism vs collectivism are the only two ways of life that humans take up anyways and that all other stupid, fancy names like anchor-capitalism/communism are just the same thing. You're probably right about this though, I'd only say less than 30% of them think the way I do.

As for racism, I've seen threads were the OP claims that he or she is black. Whether it's bait or not, I'd say 75% of the posters say that it doesn't matter to them as long as they don't act like a nigger e.g.: walking around with sagging pants, throwing up gang signs, or being violent for no reason.

The 25% that do say it matters are shot down and are conditioned to judge people on actions rather than skin color. To reiterate though, for /pol/, it's still fine to call a black "person" a nigger if they for the examples I gave earlier, but not if they act like a person who isn't destructive to society. Also, look back to my screen shot of the white trash question.

They're actually practicing politics now and polarizing people. I think that's a good thing instead of being a lukewarm, indecisive mess.

>I just personally dislike Catholicism and how they think that the bible shouldn't be taken literally.
The bible isn't the quran, we should of had the bible translated but letting people pick and choose what the fuck they can believe in is just asinine, and the purest form of it is communistic shit with polygamy and heresy.

>But why does income tax means progress?
Because it's a far more effective thing to tax than the vice taxes on liquor and tobacco that we had previously relied upon to fund the government. It's really not a good idea to base your military's budget on how drunk your citizenry are, which is why

>The purchasing power has go down since it was implemented
In simple terms inflation means that you're expanding the money supply. When kept under control that can be a good thing. The power of an individual dollar goes down, but people have more dollars to spend (in theory, at least. In practice there are a lot of variables that can affect how many dollars end up in the hands of how many people.)

>taxes have balloned out of proportion
Poppycock. Income taxes are at historic lows
data360.org/dsg.aspx?Data_Set_Group_Id=475

>most public expending is totalky unecesary (welfare)
A well fed population doesn't revolt.

> Spain...
Is an interesting historical example, because the entire economy of the Spanish Empire was based around gold production, they put all their national eggs in a single basket and when the armada was curb-stomped by the English they ceased being a major player on the internationals stage. Spain is literally the single best argument against the gold standard, one of those ideas that you commonly see in the "early XX century golden age" meme.

Sorry, my reading comprehension isn't very high.

Are you disagreeing with me, agreeing with me, or making a general statement?

I believe that's exactly what the Catholics did them naming saints for people to ask to pray for them even though the bible says the dead cannot hear you call out.

Most of the time when polygamy was shown in the bible, great woes fall upon the family anyways, and in the new testament, Jesus tells us that he meant that man was meant to be one flesh with his wife.

>Are you disagreeing with me, agreeing with me, or making a general statement?
The bible isn't the Quran, it shouldn't be taken as God's word. Following literally everything like it God's word is implying that God wrote it, which is not the case. You should follow it, yes, but not to the extent like say, Protestantism.
>the dead cannot hear you call out
But that's wrong. Saints are respected, they do work for God and spread the faith.
>Most of the time when polygamy was shown in the bible, great woes fall upon the family anyways, and in the new testament, Jesus tells us that he meant that man was meant to be one flesh with his wife.
Not the Anabaptist of Muenster. You ever heard of it?

There is so much wrong in this post that I dont know where to start.
>Because it's a far more effective thing to tax than the vice taxes on liquor and tobacco
Tariffs dont only tax that. And may also have positive impact in the local economy as it incentivices national production. And there are alternatives to income taxes like crowd founding or national lotteries.
>In simple terms inflation means that you're expanding the money supply. When kept under control that can be a good thing. The power of an individual dollar goes down, but people have more dollars to spend (in theory, at least. In practice there are a lot of variables that can affect how many dollars end up in the hands of how many people.)
Wasnt talking about inflation. I was talking about the overall purchasing power. People can buy fewer things right now than 80 years ago with a similar wage (adjusted to inflation). Baby boomers are a prime example of this. They were able to pay their morgarge at 30 for example,or make a living with very lower wages. Right now people that earn 60k $ a year need at least 20 years to pay a morgage.
>Poppycock. Income taxes are at historic lows
Taxes=/=income tax. And that graph takes memes like the 87% income tax seriously,when most of the time a big chunk of it was deducted. Btw the article just talks about top rates,ignoring raises on the middle class and lower class.
>Spain
So many wrong things in this paragraph that is not even funny.
1)what does XX century Spain have to do with this
2) The armada was rebuilt in a year and Spain remained the hegemonic power in Europe until Rocroi
3)The economy wasn't built purely on gold,but mostly on trade.
You still have not give a serious argument

23But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. 24Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Surely you believe that when the bible shows that God told men to do something, that it was copied by men in the bible as closely as possible. You're right, we aren't only restricted by just the word, rather it is our base and we grow from it.

biblehub.com/kjv/1_timothy/2.htm

1I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. 7Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

>For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

As for Anabaptist of Muenster, I haven't really read about it. I don't follow after all the beliefs of protestants either.

>Surely you believe that when the bible shows that God told men to do something, that it was copied by men in the bible as closely as possible. You're right, we aren't only restricted by just the word, rather it is our base and we grow from it.
It should adhere to what the Church fathers say, for they are the only ones who can interpret it correctly.
>>For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus
So they should be spit on and treated like shit for dying in the name of Christ? Be told to fuck off for doing the impossible and spreading God's word to the ends of our world? Nah. Give them respect, you don't worship them, you say "thanks senpai"
>As for Anabaptist of Muenster, I haven't really read about it.
The anabaptist of Muenster basically were the most exterme when Martin Luther said "Yeah go interpret whatever you want with this" and they took over the city of Muenster, ruined it, and all the followers were killed for heresy and just being dreadful people who fucked with both Lutherans and Catholics.
>I don't follow after all the beliefs of protestants either.
You're still a protestant then, it's GURPs the religion.

>one of the candidates literally has a ratface and huge dumbo ears

>"The forces of darkness are marching and only the Libertarian party can save us."

>letting blind people drive

>hire pirates to fight ISIS

>we don't need roads we will have jetpacks

>people will donate money to old people voluntarily

>"Why is Ayn Rand so great?" posed as debate question

>I wouldn't sell heroin to 5 year olds
>audience goes BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>debate ends in an auction to fund their campaign
>in bitcoins

And finally this gem:
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_toYr_Hcdo

Jesus Christ the hell is wrong with these people.
>tfw managed to argue that using the Christian ethic of giving money voluntarily to a bunch of libertarians means I am one

Link to the debate. It seems hilarious.
>we don't need roads we will have jetpacks
>I wouldn't sell heroin to 5 year olds
>audience goes BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Y
American politics are the best

>There is so much wrong in this post that I dont know where to start.
You can start by accepting the fact that on Veeky Forums we try not to make it personal

>Tariffs dont only tax that
I was not talking about tariffs. Tariffs can be an effective way of leveling the playing field against foreign competitors exploiting cheaper labor and stuff like that. They can also provoke trade wars so they're not necessarily the silver bullet that will allow us to have a society with nice things that we don't have to pay to upkeep.

I was talking about the fact that before the income tax, the government was literally dependent upon liquor taxes to pay for the military.

>incentivices national production
You know who else incentivices national production? The Communist Party of China with its wide array of state-owned and semi-state owned production yards. That's the competition

>crowd founding or national lotteries.
>voluntary taxation
Man, and people think only left-wingers are hopeless idealists

>People can buy fewer things right now than 80 years ago with a similar wage (adjusted to inflation)
But until you can prove that this is a direct result of taxing income it's just a correlation without causation.

>Taxes=/=income tax.
Now you're just trying to change the subject. You specifically brought up the income tax as an example of a tax ballooning out of control and I demonstrated why that's a factually incorrect statement

>raises on the middle class and lower class.
pic related. They tend to go hand in hand with what the top rate is doing.

>1)
I don't even know why you felt the need to bring up Spain in the first place.
>2)
You're right, I should have emphasized the fact that it was the huge amount of gold swelling into their society which is what wrecked their economy, specifically their gold-based currency. They did in fact, limp along after the defeat of the armada.
>3).
The Spanish economy's second largest industry after the gold trade was sheep herding

youtube.com/watch?v=YJuFfWwGpjA

>want to disagree with Machiavellian authoritarians
>then these people show up and prove the authoritarians right

whoops wrong pic

>tfw Machiavellian authoritarian as fuck

If we went back to a 1990 budget, the us could get rid of the income tax.

We spend money on a lot of shit we dont really need. If we concentrated on infrastructure and a defensive military we could survive on much lower taxes

I like Stirner/Zizek posting. The gommies can go count their dick. I don't understand at all why they are so obsessed with that ideological bs.

He also said it would be the end of the republic when people realize they can vote themselves money. I dont think the majority of US libertarians would challenge the assertion that the federal government has power to levy taxes