Is being depressed Veeky Forums

is being depressed Veeky Forums

yes being depressed is Veeky Forums, but probably not fashionable..

intelligence is Veeky Forums. and intelligence always leads to depression

Depression isn't real faggots

>not understanding objective science / chemical imbalances
lmao

how can feelings be not real ?

Pseudo intelligence is not true intelligence

As someone who is recovering from a psychosis induced suicidal depression, I say no. It's fucking horrible.

>That picture's not a bad likeness of my evening.

Man the fuck up, you beta cucks.

shut up chad. you don't understand what ive been through! im Veeky Forums!

Aww man, just post some memes about killing yourself, makes everything so much easier and funny

this is either some seriously self-aware irony or just troll

what are you 14?

i know, but when you're intelligent you're just more prone to depression. you don't have to show the intelligence, but suddenly you're just depressed

i'd rather be single forever and intelligent, rather than being self unaware low IQ chad that lives with a cheater fuckbag

>i'd rather be single forever and intelligent

well my intelligence and my tastes are the only things that make me love myself

>intelligence always leads to depression
no, an introspective personality and bad life experiences lead to depresson, intelligence just often corelates witth those

ahahaha please start doing something

>kookish cuck detected

its coming back around to being fashionable tbqh

people like this guy are cucks who blaim their shitty lives on things they cant control.

this guy gets it

needing to vocalize this and other mental issues annoys me to no end. its a trend to be depressed and noone can disagree with you because that's offensive or something

no, it's cringey
unapologetic narcissism is what's in right now

Take LSD, sweat, fear, shout, get up off that thing, shake it, till you feel better. Feel. Rejoice.

>i'd rather be single forever and intelligent, rather than being self unaware low IQ chad that lives with a cheater fuckbag
the sad part is when you actually get to know people and realize that those that you call Chad are actually more intelligent than you, more interesting and all around better
t. asian uni student with many Chads as classmates

too bad the dice say you're low iq self unaware and single forever

>perfect head of hair
>depressed

riiight

How can you notice if you have depression or not? Im kinda not sure if I am at the moment.

when your hair is falling out and you can no longer look cool by conventional beauty standards

im too depressed to get a real job or take care of myself

so i dont think so

a professional psychologist or psychiatrist might disagree with you
no. Seek help. Depression is life threatening and doesn't seem particularly enjoyable either /psychology student with depressed brother who seems to suffer

I honestly wonder if LSD gave me depression. I've always had some shit wrong in my life but I never let it get to me before. Then I started dropping acid on a regular basis, and a year later I was in intensive care because of my first suicide attempt and put on meds.

I'm not saying LSD is bad, I've achieved so much good through it, I just think it may have triggered something that would've otherwise been under control. Be careful, friends.

was pretty fa when it started but after half a decade it is not that exciting anymore

fucking agreed
i'm tired of people pretending to be depressed just because it's popular to have a fucking mental illness on the internet right now
internet sadboys are cancer

This made me realize I need to change my habits

>i'm pretending to be something i'm not on the internet, therefore no-one else can be genuine

I have this on my laptop

see

i used to think that this was true. don't get stuck in a deep cave, or you will never find your way out.

still projecting, buddy

Take it off

I would like to give you a solid answer, but I think it is when the existential crisis and suicidal thoughts stop, when you feel like you have at least a bit more of energy again, when you stop feeling tired all day everyday, when you get bored and want to do different things. I would say that's when the depression is coming to it's end.

But it also is very common to feel "insipid" when you have depression, so you have to make sure not to confuse these two. You just need some introspective skills to do so, so it isn't that hard.

Actually I think if I was more introspective I'd be less depressed. Introspection means getting to know your unconcious, wich helps you identify problems you didn't even know you had. Before you were just miserable and didn't know why.

I fucking hate being depressed but i hate even more people who thinks it's Veeky Forums.

No, this isn't fucking tumblr where everyone wants to be "unique" by having some dumb quirky disability

different person but I've just started trying to do different things and I'm also pretty sure I just developed phantosmia so I don't know what is happening

You sound like a dumb bitch bedazzling us w/ her pseudo-intelligence. Whores like you are a dime-a-dozen. Go back to painting dogs, and shut the fuck up.

Different interpretations for everyone, OP. Anytimes which I found myself consumed by apathy, I didn't have the motivation to make a proper meal or care for my hygeine, let alone how others perceived depression.

You'll often hear a lot of people tell you they're depressed, and that they hate seeing other romanticize depression because it affects them deeply, but I don't really give a shit. Do whatever you want. Glorify it, belittle it, disacknowledge it. I don't care.

what the fuck does any of this vague bullshit even mean

>consumed by apathy
That describes me pretty well. I take care of hygiene well enough but most of the time I don't eat if I have to sort out the food myself. I find myself demotivated to do things that I'm not extremely comfortable with.

Are antidepressants any good? I've heard mixed things. My mothers friends son was 'off the rails' and was addicted to 'light' drugs such as weed, I'm not sure what else, and would not come home for days at a time, was stealing stuff and that sort of thing. But once he started taking antidepressants he was completely different and didn't rely on whatever substance he was into.

Don't know. Never had any experience with antidepressants befofe. Gonna have to piss on the fence yourself user.

That's fine too. More reason to not risk myself.

But what's the point

>people like this guy are cucks who blaim their shitty lives on things they cant control.

Sadly, life depends on those things that we can't control. Unless you're fine with delusions and humiliation

Well I've been diagnosed with depression for a while now and I can tell you its one of the worst illnesses to have. I'm feeling better now thanks to some medication but the experience isn't something I would want to wish on anyone.

And it doesn't help going onto tumblr/fb and seeing memes that romanticize the illness and make light joke of things like suicide. It practically makes the illness a meme and denies it the gravity and serious attention it deserves not to mention further alienating those who actually have the condition.

Could you tell me what your medication was like? Im

um, yes, actually yes. If you have a disposition for mental health problems , psychedelic drugs will make them surface. Long story short, yes, LSD did give you depression

wtf i love truth now

My case.
Happened rapidly over just a few years.
Hair stylists used to complain my hair was ridiculously thick.

Now I just shave it because it hurts to see their expressions.

Being depressed is Veeky Forums

Ironic teenage depression ist not effay

>Depression isn't real faggots
ahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Depression Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From Misery Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

Depression is fucking terrible and not Veeky Forums. The only people that think depression is Veeky Forums have this Sad Kids Club idea in their head that all depressed people stand around in graveyards and smoke cigarettes + joints with other depressed Veeky Forums people.

Well if that were true, I wouldn't be so miserable. So fuck off.

Yeah sure.

I was put on 10mg Fluoxetine at first then had the dosage doubled a bit after. The medication itself takes a while to start working (around a month) so you have to make sure to take it everyday as prescribed even if you don't feel better right away. One of the more noticeable side effects ive had was loss of sex drive and trouble getting erection. I would say it definitely something worth trying.

good luck m8

This. Although I don't suffer from depression anymore, I hated to see all the stupid memes about it when I had it, like seeing everyone laughing at it as if it was something to laugh at.

Well the world is filled up with immature and stupid people, so we can't really expect too much.

Fuck people they always disappoint me

I wonder if depression is modern disease, that came as a symptom of overpopulation, boredom, and longevity? Were folks depressed during 1776? Were ancient peoples depressed. I recommend LSD because itll show you your true you. A lil dysphoria never killed anyone lol

Something I've learned over the years is that depression is a real illness many people suffer from, but that every has a series of ups and downs in their life.

That doesn't mean you're depressed, it just means you're at a low point; you'll be back to normal after a few weeks, months at most.

Yin and Yang mang. Them Chinese was onto something back then.

How can feeling be real when were not real

please explain depression in your own words in terms of (((objective science))).
I'll wait

cuck

boo hoo, kys baby lil bitch

Thanks, you too. Im ace anyway so doesnt matter

>Im ace anyway
biscum breeder here
Kill you are self

OP here.
I was slightly drunk when I made this thread and didn't expect it to get this much attention.
this is quite a fucking stupid question.
but i think what meant was "is being quiet and not fitting in with other people Veeky Forums?" I was on a train on new years but I was the only one in the carriage that was sitting alone. everyone else was with some friends and they were all having a great time laughing and everything. some people even kept looking at me every now and then because I looked so miserable.
I dont really know why I made this comment desu. just wanted to check up on the thread
pic unrelated

>biscum breeder
What?

Bisexual

didn't mean to reply to your comment

Oh ok

i don't think i'm depressed anymore. just numb. i can be social i can hold conversations have a friend circle. but i don't feel anything. i'm tired. nothing feels "good". none of my old hobbies feel good and i'm just doing them because i know if i abandon my routine everything is going to grind to a halt.

i used to like to joke about being depressed to cope but what the fuck is funny anymore?

2017 is the year. no more joking around. we all finally kill ourselves

being quiet and lonely =/= depression

depression is a disease

Finally we'll enter a period of post-post-irony where every human being will be overwhelmed by the post-modernist nature of society and fall into a c r i p p l i n g d e p r e s s i o n thus leading to the collapse of modern civilisation as we know it

>ahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Depression Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From Misery Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

i'm so stressed i started seeing weird stuff, i don't recognize my face, i lose track of time, and i always feel like people are mad at me, my body hurts for no reason
school starts in a few days and just want to die

i feel this

short answer: it can be