Watch General

Any and all things watch related posts here.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Braun-BN0032BKBKG-Classic-Analog-Display/dp/B004X4KW1Q/ref=pd_srecs_cs_241_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MVV9CSQ87G8SKJG1VZNY
instagram.com/p/BOvC3Z9lfHr/?hl=en
vintagetick.de/usus-15-rubis-handaufzug
seikousa.com/index.php
seikowatches.com/
orient-watch.com/
orientwatchusa.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=6-Wg0gVOHR4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>YEAR TWOTHOUSAND TWENTY.
>WEARING WATCHES.

Whatever faggot!

>YEAR TWOTHOUSAND SEVENTEEN
>GIVING HIM (YOU)S

Well shit, these are gonna sell out fast.

Wow, a diver watch that looks identical to every other diver watch on the market!

Except this is a limited edition re-release of limited edition seiko samurai and they sell for tons.
It's actually a good idea to just buy a few of these (only £400 each) and sell them later on for a couple of hundred more.

>not actually understanding the differences between diver's watches
that's Veeky Forums for you I guess

Wouldn't bother buying one unless it was a luxury watch. £5000 plus. I would definitely cop seiko or orient if I couldn't be bothered to save up tho so kudos to anons on this thread.

Clint Eastwood cuff

looking for a blackout watch that's thinner than 10mm. cheap

something like this but less than 200$

I hope you're not spending £5000 on something like that

While nothing like the one you posted, Skagen makes some super thin watches.

Oh and there's this Braun which is a little closer to what you want, is 8mm thick, and is $100.
amazon.com/Braun-BN0032BKBKG-Classic-Analog-Display/dp/B004X4KW1Q/ref=pd_srecs_cs_241_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MVV9CSQ87G8SKJG1VZNY

Junghans Max Bill

>hope pic is not sideways again

What kind of watch for outfits like this?

It's a shame they don't make a quartz chronoscope.

mickey mouse dress watch. The one with gold accents.

Don't forget the monster can.

My budget is around $150. Someone suggested pic related or Timex Weekender. The Timex looks kind of hipster to me but pic related looks kind of spacey and shit.

I would like the Timex if the rim or whatever it's called was black, and i'm not a fan of the strap (I assume you can replace them though)

no watch, not old enough to tell time

I have $5k to spend on my first Rolex. Submariner No Date 114060 or Explorer II 216570?

>5k
>Rolex

Lel

Post your GPS watches.

>who was pre-owned

Whats wrong with pre-owned rolexes?

Nothing, that's what ">who was" means.

I still don't understand what "who was" means.

">who was X" basically means "you're a short sighted edgelord for not considering X.

That makes no sense and is an idiotic phrase. Please discontinue its use.

I'd go with the Submariner for sure.

It's been a thing forever, get over it

Another vote for the Sub. It can be dressed up or down whereas the Explorer only really works as a casual watch; get it later.

It's a shame Veeky Forums only cares about the Junghans chronoscope because Veeky Forums likes their watches bulky af

What are some female watches that give off a winter feeling?
For example, a good example that I've found is the Bulova Winter Park (see pic).
What are some other examples?

Sub, I hate explorer ii's though.

This?

I would like these watches if they were closer to 36mm cases. 42mm is just too big for me.

Got the silver/black

I feel like I see plenty of watches with silver dials and blue accents or blue hands. Just keep looking.

Even can get an ice blue leather strap.

ooh I like that Orient... Model pls.

Look into:

DW5600
GWM5610
GA100
GD350
G7900

approve.
reverse panda: approve.
approve. $140.00 on Amazon right now.
approve. they need to make a matte orange-dialed turtle reissue.
blocked (I have Veeky Forums Plus).
no.
approve. Orient's offerings are pleasantly surprising.
don't approve. bunds/cuffs strike me as phallic, and bdsm-homosexual.
approve.
no.
no.
approve.
do not approve.
no.
no.
of course I approve. win/win (submariner btw).
no.
no.
maybe. realize that skagen is a fashion brand pls.
no. 38-42 are appropriate sizes for males. 36mm-and-under = women's watches.
no.

If in doubt, check the chart.

>no. 38-42 are appropriate sizes for males. 36mm-and-under = women's watches.
Calm your autism, you are factually incorrect.

I've grown a newfound love for grid patterns on watch faces since I saw the Nendo Draftsman, but since they're impossible to find I was considering getting a Seiko SNXF05 and putting a leather band on it like in pic related. Thoughts?

I don't know diddly about watches, but my gramps gave me these for Christmas. I did some research on ebay and couldn't find any info. Apparently he had a tendency to buy fake watches. Does anyone know anything about these?

They're cheap fashion watches.

So I just got out of dental school and for the first time in my life I have some money. What kind of watch would be appropriate to wear with a white coat? I wear either scrubs and white coat or a dress shirt and tie with white coat. My income for the next year is projected to be around 330k.

M A X B I L L

Or any watch that isn't too flashy, really. Maybe steer clear of divers, and look into more dressier options.

casio f91-w

wtf when is that coming out

I hope this is baitu

is a gold watch classy? or is it tacky and tasteless? does it look ok if I still don't have the classy outfit to compliment it?

Although it has been extensively corrected, that chart is still fucking dildos. You should stop posting it m8.

>Wouldn't bother buying one unless it was a luxury watch.
Then you're missing out a lot of good things boy, good affordable watches and vintage alike.
Btw, that Breguet wears a lot more comfotable with the rubber strap.

lol
No offense, but a Disney watch?

Unless you wear a suit, or is real gold (solid or plated), always go for the steel/white metal option.

>my most expensive watch is chink shit
guys help me
also post collections

If you are a math teacher, go ahead.

Seconded.

Nomos. One of the nachtblau maybe.

Nomos makes beautiful sleek watches. I would look for a minimatik.

saw this posted in the last thread
WHERE CAN I GET IT

if you're poor buy a seiko flightmaster, if you´re rich a breitling.

Just copped the Gshock x N.Hoolywood from 2014.

I know you bitches going to hate but posting anyway.

I'm buying the watch for my girlfriend - fortunately she's a watch nut and will actually be disappointed if I gift her a fashion watch. Any other suggestions?

None of them seem to give a "true" winter feeling though, take a look at the Grand Seiko Snowflake for example.

It's the Orient Ranger with a grey dial.

Here's your (You)

"Soon": instagram.com/p/BOvC3Z9lfHr/?hl=en

Another shot from just now.

>so fine

Question: Why can I not have this?

>thw wrist too small for max ;_;

super cool design.
which version do you own(quartz/mechanical,34/38mm)?

They have a 34 mm version, isn't that enough?

I asked this question a few threads back, but didn't get a great answer.

How come there are two websites each for Seiko and Orient? For each, there's both "Seiko/Orient watches" and "Seiko/Orient watches USA". Each site doesn't have the same models as the other, and none of them have the $50-70 Seiko 5 that gets posted in every thread.

What's going on?

I asked a guy at a watch store, and he got defensive and just said that the Seiko's in his shop were authentic. Didn't help at all.

I love the ludwig, especially the 33mm version.

Talking about mine or yours? I think mine fits just fine and the ladys version is exactly the same, just smaller.

Glad that you like it! It is the 38mm Quartz. Ref is 041/4462.00 if you are interested.

That is a great band!

What would you guys pay for this vintage?

Clarification: I am not trying to sell, I am thinking about buying!

Mind linking the sites?
And which Seiko 5 are you talking about (post a pic)?

This one right?
vintagetick.de/usus-15-rubis-handaufzug
I couldn't find anything about the brand Usus (I guess the name doesn't help) so I couldn't even read up its history if I wanted to.
Got any information about the brand?

if it's serviced, 50 bucks. If not, 15 bucks.

That is if it's minimun of 34mm.

Those classic style Seiko 5 are $16 all over the ebay, free hsipping

Rotary

It's a pretty unknown old german brand. They also designed other stuff. But I like how it looks. Is it worth the 69 bucks?

It's hard to value it without any history and that's usually one of the main selling points when it comes to vintage watches.
It probably isn't worth 69 euros and most likely won't have a resale value higher than that if you're planning to keep it and then sell it later.
But if you like it, then sure, go for it and at the price even if it's garbage you've not lost much anyway.

seikousa.com/index.php
seikowatches.com/

orient-watch.com/
orientwatchusa.com/

The cheap Seiko I mentioned was just the classic SNK809

Oh, easy answer - some watches are region specific. If you really want to see all of the watches, you'll need to look at the sites of other countries too. But yes, it is indeed annoying that there isn't just one site with everything.

For your Seiko, you can just buy it off Amazon or Jomashop, but I don't think this was your question anyway.

Probably for localized products. I know seiko sell some watches in japan only.

No idea why though

Because what people like in Japan may not be liked outside - a lot of things including games and watches get altered to satisfy the American market.
For watches it may just be the language of the datewheel, and for games it's things such as making the difficulty easier.
Some things such as the Seiko "Save The Sea" watches are currently SEA only but will come over in a few months: youtube.com/watch?v=6-Wg0gVOHR4

Well of course. I understand that side of it. But if you are selling them yourself on your own site I would assume they would be shipping from the same warehouses anyway. So why bother creating multiple sites in english or in this case one specifically for the US but not for EU which is fairly similar in demographics.

It's worth noting that the websites seikowatches.com/
and orient-watch.com/ don't actually sell watches.

It's entirely possible that they have different teams working on the different countries, even though they do have the same warehouse and there's no reason to clutter a single site with multiple watches in languages that aren't for your demographic.

>So why bother creating multiple sites in english or in this case one specifically for the US but not for EU which is fairly similar in demographics.
Probably to deal with custom legal issues. The only problem is when some things are in one region and not yours.

Did you notice that it's 30mm diameter? Vintage watches of that size aren't really sought after because they are really small. Most popular vintage watches from 1950's onwards are usually the 34mm models, like Omegas etc.

seiko snk809

orient bambino v2

can someone give a legit response?