You didnt fall for the safety razor meme did you?

You didnt fall for the safety razor meme did you?

Other urls found in this thread:

italianbarber.com/collections/safety-razors/products/razorock-teck-ii-safety-razor
dasprogramm.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I sure did mate and I couldnt care less

What meme? It's cheaper. I also used straight razors.

Come at me Veeky Forumsgit.

Don't tell me you fell for the Harry's/Dollar Shave Club meme.

love mine i get the best shaves and havent had a single razor burn bump in months

kek

I got one for Christmas. Its not the closest shave but I feel like I have more skin afterwards. I am having trouble shaving around my goatee.

I have one but I cant get a close shave with it

razors must suck

you didn't fall for the rick owens black toothpaste for $5000.00 meme did you?

yea. it fucking sucked and cut my face up. I switched to a gilette and its great

This

straight razors are only used by 'muh manliness' autists

Ok.

>meme
they're objectively cheaper and if you aren't a brute you won't shred your face either unless you cheap out and get shit blades and re-use them for like 3 weeks or something retarded

I use to actually believe this too, then when I realized that I would sometimes just pick up a blade and touch up my face with it pressed between two of my fingers that a straight razor made the most sense. it's not edgy when it actually does its job better. sucks I was too aware of douchebagary to try it out sooner.

>cheaper
>better shave
>less nicks
I'm glad I fell for the meme

I use a Braun Shaver, It takes zero skill to operate, I can even shave in my car on my way to work and not miss a spot. I don't have dick skin on my face, so I never get bumps.

Also it's German and therefore superior to any non-German brands.

don't those damage your skin? id rather have a razor exfoliate my face

>German
It's owned by P&G and made in China
Just like Gillette

Braun used to be quality though

Didnt really fall for a meme, my dad just gave me his old one and I started using it, I shave like twice a year though, rest of the time just trim a bit

I don't shave, I trim.

False. They are owned by the chinks but their products is designed, engineered and made in Germany.

That being said, I agree that Braun are not what they used to be.

delet this

By time your skin will harden, I shave everyday and have been doing so for the last 8 years.

I did, but I've been cutting myself a lot more than I used to as of late. I use feather blades, and I can never seem to get a good shave anymore, maybe my technique is just getting bad or something else. (Like trying some new blades.) I have really coarse hair on my face and neck, and the hair grows upwards so I can't just do the whole "let gravity do the work." I also have to go at least side to side or against the grain to get a good shave on my neck, so I think that's when I start cutting myself. (Also shaving my defined jaw is pretty tough)

Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong? Despite the nicks I get, I still prefer this to the razor burn I got on my neck with cart blades. Haven't had razor burn since I switched.

How many times a day do you masturbate to Das Programm and Dieter Rams?

>Implying Dieter Rams has anything to do with NSDAP

They're quite the opposites actually. One of the catalysts for Braun’s aesthetic refresh was the desire to cleanse the ethical and aesthetic catastrophe of the Nazi era.

Also I don't masturbate to Dieter Rams, but I fuck your mum on his Vitsœ 710 table now and then.

Side to side is usually not a problem. You getting nicks is probably from moving the blade diagonally while keeping the blade alignment the same (resulting in a slicing cut)

I did. Is it really a meme? If I'm careful I get really good close shaves, it's also really cheap. More prone to cuts though in a hurry

>merkur 34c with astras
I could do 5 passes with a cartridge razor and get half as good of a shave.

laffs for the plebs who can't into technique

I use a single edge razor

>with the grain
no problems
>across the grain
rash
pain
blood

what am I possibly doing wrong
I don't even try against the grain obviously

been thinking about it, should i buy the most recommended one on amazon?

Italian Barber has one for $8

italianbarber.com/collections/safety-razors/products/razorock-teck-ii-safety-razor

thots?

wrong thread woops

just get a merkur or edwin jagger baka

I think you're thinking about a different Das Programm.
dasprogramm.org/

luckily i did!! saves me big BUX!!

Are you using a safety razor? If so; try to do 2 or 3 (if you have the time) shaves. With the grain, across the grain and against the grain. Also gives you a very clean shave, the only downside being the time it takes.

Yes.

I am, but the across pass (either side) fucks up my face. I now do 2 times a wtg pass. It doesn't give me a close shave, but at least my face won't be red for the whole day.

Sucks man. I reckon you do it fresh out of the shower as well? Or at least after applying a warm towel? Maybe look into pre-shave creams or a different shaving soap.

worth investing in? and how cheap will it be to get something that will just get the job done?

Haha, you're right, my apologies

i did, and just cut up my entire face, i'm bleeding af what do?

alum block :)

The initial costs are obviously going to be a tad bit higher, but the only thing you need is a safety razor (any will do, I'm sure every model is 'fine' to shave with, but the gap is up to personal preference), shaving soap and a brush. You can buy all of these things as cheap as ~$25-35 dollars or a bit higher.
After this though, the only thing you have to buy is the razors, which are dirt cheap. Especially considering they last quite long.

Multi-blade razors give me a closer shave, that's all I care about.
People who prefer safety razors are only doing it for the "manly ritual" bullshit, this user is right.

$80 max. Blade replacements for a standard DE safety are no more than a few bucks.

I prefer the bottom button screw safety razors compared to the twistheads. I've managed to break the threading of one head and I found it uncomfortable to remove the head to change razors.

Got a merkur DE shaving kit for xmas and I love it. Good for my skin which got irritated a lot frome le 4 blade disposable meme and its 10 bucks for 100 blades.

>Germancucks
>Superior
lmau delusional subhuman

if it's a meme it's the best one

>cheap
>effective
>better shave
>little to no irritation

kys OP

>mfw cartridgefags are going to get called fags by their kids when they try to watch them shave
meanwhile my kid is gonna get a huge testosterone boost from witnessing the glory of a wet shave

he'll have a huge cock just you wait

I got a DE and can't stop fucking up my neck. I'm not cutting myself but get consistent redness and ingrowns there, especially on the right side (probably due to less left hand motor function). I'm going with the grain but it won't help. Someone please save me jesus christ

Are you soaking your face before hand, and moisturizing after?

I shower before, then alum, pinaud clubman aftershave, and some vaseline moisturizer after

they're no more than 25 cents

Best thing I ever did, have had mine for 4 years and its till the closest shave i can get. You need to shave twice, with the grain then against it following the correct grain orientation for your neck/cheeks/sides.
Buy good quality blades and they are still cheaper and longer lasting than cartridges.

Dorco master race reporting, but seriously people who use those single blade things generally have mole hair brushes and go on about the experience of shaving

Name one country with better design and functionality.

Protip: you can't

lol
do you have parkinson?

It costs less, it shaves well, it is literally safe and most importantly it's not such a stress on the environment.

>Name one country with better design and functionality.
America.
>g*d bless the Constitution

>shave with safety razor
>get to adams apple
>pussy out and go with the disposable
and its still not enjoyable fuck that feature why do humans even have one

do you break blade in half or are they some designed for those?
I never understood the need of two edge, I was thinking it had to do with less material used.

I go one edge for the face and twist it and do the other side for my neck.

you use these blades for that single edge razor

highly numerical post observed

Holy shit

This.

I fell for the meme, three years ago. Glad I did.

>getting cucked by P&G

holy fugg checked

m8s how do you shave your pubes and balls

I shave my face with a safety razor but I don't dare to shave it below