Tips on boot colour

Getting a new pair of boots (Solovair) Pics on sites don't usually give a good representation, so want to ask some owners

Can anybody also comment on the sole of Solovairs standard sole compared to commando sole?

Getting a new pair of fake docs from ali

rate

Report back in boot general when you get them please, how close to real chink docs they are etc

why? docs are already poorfag shoes.

Solvair (NPS) designed the original docs, but unlike docs, they didn't move their production to asia

Commando sole is quite bouncier, same style as timberland soles only a lot deeper different rubber etc

That's a problem I ran into, I found a colour that I like (Oxblood) but they don't come with the commando sole, for the ones that I somewhat liked and have the commando sole I'll post pics

8 eyelet Venice Burgundy (not sure what venice means)

11 eyelet burgundy (not a fan of the toecap)

Why are you telling me this ?
And no they didnt, solovair are owned by NPS who were the original manufacturers of doctor marten shoes and still make their made in England line, the only thing solovair and Dr martens have in common is they're made in the original factory

Burgundy colour of same boots

Thought you were being sarcastic, sorry mate, and yeah I put NPS in brackets

Just got those in oxblood I'd just go for pic related op
Why did you want commando soles ?

Nah its alright, sorry didn't see your brackets there, flew off the handle a bit at the idea of someone correcting me (the original solovair shill) on solovair boots

Aircushionboot.com their colours are pretty spot on and are usually cheaper than britboot and the like

Mostly for ice, where I live it can get icy in the city

There's also the 'hawkins' range, I prefer the original designs, but is this one worth trying?

Yeah they do a version of the old Hawkins astronaut boots, Love the look especially the brown flat laces i was considering getting a pair soon. I wouldn't think that the commando soles would make much of a difference in ice though I think its more for mud and sand and the like.

What do you think of the southerner or the englander? I like the colour, but don't like the golden label or the golden stitching on the southerner much

all the colors you guys posted are oxbloods with black shoe polish

Yeah, they're burgundy in a rub off style, you can make an oxblood burgundy but I don't think you can the other way around

Decided on the oxblood Hawkins, thanks for your opinions

That stitching holy fuck

When the SPI are

Nah too showy imo, yeah I think the astronauts are the best pic

ive owned a pair of the 8 eye boots and the gibson shoes for about 3 years

amazing quality, after a shine they look almost new

wore the boots to a festival which turned into a swamp after heavy rain, thought I'd ruined them, brought them home and washed and polished them, good as new

wear the shoes almost every day with only minor wearing the the sole which unfortunately makes them a bit slippy on some smooth surfaces

also they run very big so keep that in mind, I have to make sure I wear thick socks with them

In person they look better than docs by miles, nicer quality leather and darker soles also pointier toe caps which give a slightly sleeker look to the brand and imo nicer proportion

unfortunately both of my pairs are in black so cant help with colour but from what Ive seen the colours are the same as any similar brand like docs, grinders etc. so mostly hideously garish colours except for the navy and green

Looking to cop. Any guidance comparing the hi shine black to the greasy black? What's the difference?

Man I wish I could afford a pair of gripfasts. Dm are so low quality. You can get a pair on the bay for like 50

How is the Solovair sizing compared to Docs? My 1460s are beyond repair and looking to cop new boots.

Sizing is exactly the same

Cool thanks!