Is it a good time to buy stocks? The economy is really taking off

phenomenal technical analysis

All technical analysis is shit

Buy gold and canned goods.

More like the bubble is growing big.

>buy high, sell low
>every.fucking.time

why are people so retarded

My macro professor and other macro economists including billionaire Sam Zell says its going to hit the shitter soon (by soon I mean we are overdue for a recession) so save up money for when it does to buy low.

I have a number of stocks, but I'm also holding SH (Short S&P500 ETF) to diversify. Having 5% or so of your portfolio in precious metals is a good idea if you are a long term investor, I'd recommend gold over silver because of volatility, but that's just my appetite. And currently I think cash is worth holding onto, there's a lot of belief across the board that a market crash is pending, and with so much nervousness I don't think it will take much to send it over. Just don't put it all in one basket, whatever you do.

you're supposed to buy when shit sucks

if only it worked like that op. but yeah, now is always a good time to buy stocks, time in market is essential for dem sweet compound gains.

I just bought PICK, CSQ, and AR. Energy and commodities are coming off of a bottom, time to buy. SPY is overbought big time - very low expected returns over the next 5-10 years considering the CAPE ratio and debt supercycle.

OK but if I save up money won't it get less valuable if the economy declines due to inflation? I lose no matter what in a recession unless I want to buy gold, keep it in my house, and sleep with a gun on the nightstand

sure :^)

Yes, cash itself is historically inferior to the rate of inflation. So keeping it in a bank while it pays interest, actually is losing value, even when your bank account numbers appear to go up. However the historical loss of value due to inflation is minimal, so imho unless you're a high net worth person you probably can afford that risk vs the time and connections you would need to make to avert it. And no investment is bulletproof, including cash. That's why I recommended diversification in areas such as gold. But imho 5% in gold is good enough.

It's all about timing. And the market is way to high, which makes the timing for cash right now good at least to some extent to avoid losses in the market. I still have some stocks despite the warnings, and so far I'm doing really well with that. I had a nice profit from AMD on Friday.

This is why you'll be forever a mediocre Vanguard fag. Technical analysis is useful for finding entry/exit points into a market.

Yes! The most important rule of investing is to buy stocks when they are most expensive and to sell them when they are cheap. Nice analysis! Also, stocks actually represent a part of the company and not at all overpriced or speculative. Stocks have inherent value. There is literally nothing that can happen in the world or USA on a macro scale or juts as an event that will make the economy crash. I am loving this thread so much.

I'm just getting into investing, brand new at it. I just opened up an account with schwab yesterday, only have 1000 in right now, currently haven't bought anything and will contribute 400 a month going forward. I plan on investing in an etf (SWPPX) that mirrors the S&P.

My plan is to only buy this ETF (Commission free so I won't be spending 10/$400 a month on the commission fee). Is this retarded or is it ok? I'm in my early 20's so i'm in this for the long haul, not interested in day trading.

Also what else should I be investing in (specific stocks/etfs) and why?

Is this a bad time to start? Like should I not spend my 400 a month and just save it until there's a noticable recession and then dump all of my saved money in then?

Any advice is appreciated, sorry i'm a faggot and don't understand basic stuff.

is this bait

>low unemployment
>low jobless claims
>strong usd
but they still wont raise the interest rates, recession when

>is this bait
unfortunately not, Veeky Forums has his share of retards and "buy high, sell low" is not just a meme.

Donald Trump will make America great again. Dow at 100k after his first term.

In general it's the same poor people who have been shouting for doom's day past 6 years every time dow drops 10%, invest in gold blabla bullshit. If you would have looked fundamentals you would have missed all rallies past 30 years pretty much.

Truth is nobody knows. It's a gamble mostly. Dow could go easily to 30k next 3 years. Or not. It's your choose to bet or not. IF you dont have other use for money, hell, there are not too many options for investing

What is different this time that interest rates are insane historical low thus the big money seeks safe heaven in stocks. You can't hide the big money under the pillow.

>safe heavan
almost got me