TFW I'll never move out of my parents house

>TFW I'll never move out of my parents house

THEY'RE SAPPING ALL OF MY FUCKING GAINS. I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE. HELP

stop buying stupid shit.

stop buying new clothes. stop buying alcohol and cigarettes. stop buying fast food. stop going to restaurants. stop buying video games. stop buying shoes. don't get a new car. stop buying new phones, new trinkets, new gadgets, new gizmos. stop buying junk from amazon.

eat, sleep, go to work, work out. save money. once you have at least 5 figures saved up, move to a city with real prospects. get a cheap place. start out by getting any job you can. work at walmart. it doesn't matter, at this point you need to re-establish income. then get a job as a server or a bartender. work evenings. this will free up your daytime for interviews and a career-search.

now, do your service job and apply for real jobs. jobs in your desired field. careers. go on interviews during the day, do your serving at night.

don't fall into the traps of buying shit you don't need again. this will cause you to fail. it is expensive to live on your own in the city. you need every penny.

the only things you should be spending money on are the following:

rent/utilities
transportation to and from your job/interviews
groceries
medical shit if it's absolutely necessary

don't go out to eat. don't waste money at bars. don't start doing drugs. don't be fucking stupid. just work and develop prospects.

sooner or later you will land a 9-5 entry level office job that pays like idk something low like 45k, but it has set hours and benefits and is enough to live on and start saving money with.

then you repeat the cycle. now you have your foot in the door, you have career experience on your resume, and you shop around for a new job. one that pays 60k. and then one that pays 80k. then one that pays 100k.

eventually you will find one that pays a very nice salary and involves work that you actually take pride in. this is the keeper job. you keep this job for as long as you can unless you find something w/ SIGNIFICANTLY higher compensation package or until you start your own business

>once you have at least 5 figures saved up

I have a lot more. I have $35k saved up but I can't just bring myself to not keep saving nearly 100% of my income.

Convince me it's worth it user. They're driving me nuts but I really enjoy saving all the money I'm saving.

so basically, what you are saying is live miserably with a job you hate, and never spend money on things that make you happy?

sounds like you want to live at home :)

I want to save all my income and yet live alone

But I know it's impossible and I can't decide which I value more.

Money is made for the purpose of exchanging, your purchasing power is gone if you don't use it, no matter how much money you have. If you both value saving and living alone, find a middle ground; somewhere cheap to live that will still allow you to save money.

Well I want to make my money work for me.

$1 saved today is many more dollars 10 years from now. Knowing this, I always think twice before spending money knowing that it will soon be worth 16x what it is now.

I should mention I have it all invested and it's earning me money, so I want to keep adding to it and eventually becoming financially independent. On the flip side though I also would greatly value the freedom of living on my own.

user is right but wrong
Your gonna need money to fall back on if shit doesn't work
Save at least six figures then move to a city
And don't stop having fun
Get roommates so the financial burden isn't so bad and have fun once in a while, not too much tho you gotta be responsible

You're not getting a starting office job with a salary of 45k anywhere in this country (even in the fucking expensive cities). 30k is more likely, but even then, you're probably looking at unpaid internships. And this is only if you're right out of college. If it's been a few years, the HR team is going to look at you like a loser. The service industry or making it into tech are about all you've got to look forward to at that point, if you can't do contracting.

So work your ass of for 20-30 years and then you get to have some fun when you have time off? If you have any time off because high paying jobs means long hours, lots of responsibility and people depending on you.
So when you are some old sad sack of shit you can buy that sports car and still be miserable because it doesn't bring more happiness than you expected.
Maybe you can retire a little early, depending on the economy. Whoop die doo. Drive some more in your golf cart at the club.

>At least 6 figures

That's going to be quite a while.

I also sometimes wonder if maybe moving out would actually be a great benefit and investment, since happiness should result in more ambitious efforts

You're a retard

Maybe for your meme degree but $50-60k+ starting is very common for STEM and Finance/accounting/econ majors. Even if you don't go to a target school.

Meme degrees, thank you very much.

This copypasta only good advice if you're keen on being a friendless loser and want to do absolutely nothing with your free time.

sooner or later you're gonna realize that working a 9-5 "corporate drone" job is far more appealing than the romanticized poverty you jerk yourself off to.

you will actually have more free time if you get a real job.

enjoy working 65 hours a week waiting tables when you're 35 though. by all means.

I don't romanticize poverty tho?

My point was that friends and things to fill up free time cost money. which the copypasta would file under "stupid shit" because it's "not part of the get rich slow plan"

>stop enjoying things
>become a literal wageslave
im no anarchist but that is literally the most depressing thing ive ever read in my life

then you've missed the point.

when you work to spend money on frivolous shit, that's the epitome of modern wage slavery, because all of your earnings disappear and you're stuck on the hamster wheel.

work to build something. work to purchase yourself out of the economy. this means starting a successful business or retiring early.

find like minded, style, humor and personality friends
literally even find a friend that is damaged or sucks and influence or assimilate them
just be around the same person you are

move out with them and be the coolest
thats all you need

Not OP, but somehow I can't bring myself to move out.
Staying with my grandma saves me shitton of money due to high rent price here and she cooks so deliciously.

not if you're a NEET and off yourself before 30

>earnings disappear
no they're spent on life experiences and items
purchasing yourself out of the economy isnt palpable for 99.99% of people because the middle class isnt so easy to just "work out of"
people will still make what you make in a lifetime in a week
literally just working to get more money is unenjoyable to the vast majority of people
>eventually you will find one that pays a very nice salary and involves work that you actually take pride in
seldom does this ever happen dude
im not saying you shouldnt plan for the future or be "intrinsically worthless" but what you're describing is absolutely depressing

>don't have fun
>just eat (cheaply)
>sleep (on your couch)
>go work your shitty job so you can get a r33l mans job xDDD
>remember to not spend any money on anything remotely fun
>take no risks with your money
>just work and "develop prospects"
>land a big boy job
>still remember to not spend your money and save it all
>eventually get jobs that pay more and more
>this money is absolutely meaningless and doesnt make you any happier
>get the "keeper job" that probably will never come
>spend the rest of your youth/middle age just working
>spend the last few years of your life with alot of money but be unable to do jack shit because youre fucking old and retarded
>die

not how career paths work

>sooner or later you're gonna realize that working a 9-5 "corporate drone" job is far more appealing than the romanticized poverty you jerk yourself off to.

This

I'd rather actually work hard in my 20's and 30's to live my life easy after that.

Compared to the fucking lazy shitasses in this thread who will be like one of those losers working in a factory or a grocery store when they're 50, next to teenagers. At that point you're just plain fucked.

>23
>finished uni
>started two jobs
>finally a chance to move out
>sad

Was this written by an underage with no real idea of what it's like in the real world? I mean that's what it sounds like.

this or a robot

Not him but holy shit you're a dumbass
>>don't have fun
He didn't say that?

OKay maybe he did, if your idea of fun is buying shit you don't need in a never-ending race to impress people.
>>just eat (cheaply)

>>sleep (on your couch)
>>go work your shitty job so you can get a r33l mans job xDDD

How else do you expect to get through life?

Working shitty jobs or being a NEET Until mommy kicks you out and you're a 45 year old man who's balding and needs to work at mcdonald's next to teens cus you never gained any skills?

>>remember to not spend any money on anything remotely fun
You can have fun without spending it on useless shit. It's called maximizing value.
>>take no risks with your money

You can make money and also minimize risk, taking unnecessary risk is idiotic.

>>eventually get jobs that pay more and more
>>this money is absolutely meaningless and doesnt make you any happier

Financial independence makes everyone happy.

When you're 40+ and have to work a job you hate just to sustain yourself you're going to be pretty jealous of the guy who worked hard and saved and now works (or doesn't work) whatever he wants that brings him pleasure.

Oh and also the fact that you can afford the latest medical technology in an ever-expanding world.

Who fucking knows what kind of life extension therapy we'll have in 30 years? Imagine it costing $5 million... which you could've had... if you just worked harder. Think about how hard you'll be kicking yourself and crying over it.

>>get the "keeper job" that probably will never come
>>spend the rest of your youth/middle age just working
>>spend the last few years of your life with alot of money but be unable to do jack shit because youre fucking old and retarded

As opposed to "#TURNIN UP" when you're in your 20's and then working like a fucking slave until you're 70 and die from exhaustion because you could never retire???
>>die

>purchasing yourself out of the economy isnt palpable for 99.99% of people because the middle class isnt so easy to just "work out of"

It's not so easy because of your exact retarded mentality.

"Lol why bother xD money is made for spending lol! Gotta buy the latest Apple(tm) macbook, Apple(tm) iPhonex+++ and also le brand new car xd"

>people will still make what you make in a lifetime in a week

Who cares? It's not about them, it's about you.

You know those people you probably see at McDonalds or at your local grocery store?

Yeah those ones covered in shitty tattoos they got as a sign of rebellion, usually 35-50 years old, messy haircut, 0 attention to their appearance (either obese or just skinny fat - with chubby cheeks and yet twig arms)? The ones who dream about dying in their sleep because they hate everything their life is but have no where to go?

That's you. That's who you're going to be. Go introduce yourself and take some tips from them, that is who you're going to be very soon.

>45k
>enough to live on

Have fun living in the Middle of Fucking Nowhere, Kansas or living with 3 roommates in a major city if you think 45k is enough to live on.

It's a sufficient start anywhere outside of NYC.

It's literally the median household income in the US.

What exactly are your expenses and what area do you live in where $45k is not sufficient?

:D:D

Guys, I know that I'm from a different part of the world here, but my early salary, and I work two good paid part time jobs, is under 10k.

Not him, but you're the actual dumbass.

Everything fun costs money.

The autismal OP called everything that isn't nessecary to the malformed "get rich slow" plan "stupid shit"

Ergo, fun is forbidden. Friends are forbidden.

You are only allowed to wake up, work out, go to work, come home, go to bed, and wash/rinse/repeat.

i.e. It's the autistic's guide to being a friendless nofuns loser like Scrooge McDuck.

>Everything fun costs money
Wrong.

Some of you guys are fucking retarded. Personal finance is not a black and white scenario.

>Save 100% of your money and never have any fun and die alone
>Spend everything on partying and work a shitty supermarket job and never retire

It's called moderation, there are choices between these two extremes

Except everything costs money, in some form or another.

Either the fun thing costs money to do (Books, movies, games, etc.), maintain (e.g. Most sports + their equipment +/- gym memberships.) or it costs money to get to the place to do the fun thing (e.g. Hiking, A friend's place, etc.)

The copypasta doesn't take moderation into account, nor does is suggest moderation.

Mostly because it was likely written by an autist with no social life to begin with.

it's not even copypasta. it's oc. i may have no social life, but at least i'm building capital instead of a collection of instagram pics of sushi burritos and shit.

everything that you spend could have been seed money for your own business.

don't forget to add opportunity cost

Fun fact: 99% of small businesses fail.

So your delusion of "gaining capital" is going to fall apart in your hands, because you won't have any friends to catch you when you inevitably fail.

Enjoy bankruptcy and your inevitable suicide.

>books, movies, games
>costing money
Good one.
And getting to places to hike/hang out with friends usually costs nothing if you are with walking/biking distance.

Those things cost money, even if you pirate them, because you're still paying for internet (And a proxy, unless you're a stupid motherfucker), as well as the devices to torrent with.

That doesn't mean they cost money. You are probably already paying for internet and have a computer. Pirating media doesn't cost you anything extra.

It does if you pirate to the point where you need to buy more external storage, or more optimally, set up a NAS on your local network.

A decent NAS isn't going to be a cheap build, even if you use an old off the shelf PC from Goodwill for it.

You realize you can just delete things, right?

Yes, but most of the people who actively pirate are e-hoarders.

WHAT THE AVERAGE PERSON NEEDS TO DO JUST TO SURVIVE IN THE CONTEMPORARY WORLD; IT IS SAD AND MISERABLE.

THE ADVENT OF THE END OF THE WORLD CANNOT OCCUR SOONER.

>WHAT THE AVERAGE PERSON NEEDS TO DO JUST TO SURVIVE IN THE CONTEMPORARY WORLD; IT IS SAD AND MISERABLE.

You don't HAVE to have any of this, the problem is most people don't want to live in a 5x5 box without any joy in their lives.

And at which time period was it better to live in?

reminder that just a few short centuries ago you'd be born in one part of the world, live there your entire life working due to nobility(or lack thereof) and then die at 40 years old at most from easily preventable disease or illness.

i just want a roof over my head and to be able to maybe eat a general tsos chicken dish every once in a while

Stop posting.

>projecting this hard
if money isnt made for spending what the fuck else is it used for
hoarding it so you can see your wells fargo numbers increase and somehow derive pleasure for that?
you're taking my points out of context and projecting way too hard, what i meant from the
"people will still make what you make in a lifetime in a week" statement is that even if you work your ass off your whole life at your wageslave job you will not even come close to a modicrum of the wealth the "upper class" has, you cant and you won't buy yourself out of the middle class
there's a difference between being realistic and being downright fucking delusional

>99% of businesses fail

actually 100% of businesses fail. it's just about timescale.

luckily your belief that my business will work out is not a prerequisite for my business working out. wew

>extend your absolutely meaningless life with the money you gained from slaving away your youth
>be so utterly scared of death because death as an ultimatum implies you were the epitome of mediocrity and completely unremarkable
you make it this autistic false dichotomy of if you're not "rich" (upper middle class) and you're against slaving away your life to get money for virtually no intrinsic reason you must be poor and lead unfulfilling lives because money = happiness and the more money you have the more happiness you have, right?

>i have no friends the post

you offer no alternative course of action. your attempt at critique is hollow.

unless you're born rich, you need to make money.

how should we make money? waiting tables? selling fake vetements? working at 7/11? work as a "wagecuck" (ie job security, steady hours income and benefits)? becoming a rock-star-astronaut-gold-medalist-best-seller-wwe-champion?

obviously the best way to make money is to run a successful business. but doing that requires capital. i think wagecucking yourself until you have capital is incredibly reasonable.

what actionable alternative are you offering? do you offer a better path to making money?

money does not guarantee hapiness. but the lack thereof almost certainly guarantees unhappiness. and i'm not talking about the lack thereof in terms of your gap year you spent broke and traveling but always having the option to move back home. i'm talking real life, where you can't fall back on mummy and daddy. make money or be homeless life.

i ask again: what is your actionable alternative?

can u get an apartment with no exisiting credit but a good income salary? I just graduated uni

How to
Be a wagecuck

INB4 OP posts some more bullshit about how owning his own business makes him better than everyone.

I love how delusion small business owners are.
Especially the ones that still think they're the backbone of the economy, when 1 quintillion small businesses fail per second and the economy doesn't even flinch.

its not about being rich
its about establishing yourself as someone of value when such person has no marketable abilities or a degree

technically yes
i mean look at all the kids in college

Yes, this is the only guaranteed way to get success if you weren't born into it.

college kids usually get their parents to cosign a lease

what is the alternative you offer? you have to get money somewhere. so where should you get it, if not at a moderately tolerable and realistically attainable wagecuck job?

I'm not You're still not shit for having (Soon to be failed) small business.

you still haven't offered a better practical way to make money.

everyone keeps crying about muh wagecuck advice, but nobody can offer a better alternative.

The backlash isn't against working a "wageslave"-tier job

It's your autistic as fuck "don't spend money on anything fun/anything I've deemed as 'nonessential'"

If you weren't retarded, you'd have figured that out on your own.

I mean, holy shit, making money isn't the problem, it's your delusion that being rich and friendless at 60 is the epitome of "success"

Spoiler: Even successful self-made millionaires cut loose and blow money on stupid shit, even when they were broke or saving up.

lol k

"friendless at 60" you don't need to spend money to have friends.

keep moving the goalposts, though.

Hanging out with friends costs money, you socially stunted fuckwit.

not really. even if your friends like to go out and waste money, that doesn't mean they don't like to do other things that are basically free like hang out and watch TV or chat or whatever.

you don't need to spend money to have friends.

not everyone's idea of socializing is going out and spending money.

Except even hanging out at their place can cost money, because most people say something like "bring a snack or a drink!", and it's kinda rude to /not/ show up with one unless you're poor.

once you have at least 5 figures saved up, move to a city

must be nice not to live in Australia

while that's technically true, you can just bring a 2-liter. it's like 50 cents to get one. not nearly as expensive as going out to eat somewhere.

I didn't ask for the seriousness of this thread. But I appreciate the intelligent discussion given that it's almost nonexistent on this board nowadays.

>intelligent discussion
>Veeky Forums

it was never here m8. i've been on this board since 2008. it is, always was, and always will be a cesspool.

>stop buying new clothes
>stop buying shoes

You will not get any good networking done if you're not fashionable.

Fuck it I'm just going to live like an asshole and kill myself before I'm 30

>telling the most consumerist board to stop buying shit
not going to happen. half of Veeky Forums spends their rent money on clothes. responsibility isn't a Veeky Forums value.