What laptops are effay other than MacBooks? Is there an effay option for windows users?

What laptops are effay other than MacBooks? Is there an effay option for windows users?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2017/jan/07/mac-windows-pc-macbook-pro-microsoft-surface-book?CMP=fb_gu
youtu.be/TN-Rub-lmc4
theverge.com/ces/2017/1/4/14166738/samsung-notebook-9-hands-on-ces-2017
theverge.com/ces/2017/1/4/14143086/lg-gram-14-laptop-long-battery-life-windows-10-ces-2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

MS's Surface line is pretty well-designed, imo

im a bit of a sucker for the xps 13 look regardless of how much /g/ hates them

2016 space gray macbook pro so beautiful but
> overpricing taken to next level
> dongles
> no replaceable parts
> no sd card reader

it's a miracle it still has a 3.5 mm audio jack though

mibook looks pretty nice. And its cheap too!

are you sure? mine got a sd card reader and i dont need dongles. model is early 2015

Yeah I'm finding it hard to pay asking price for a MacBook, no matter how beautiful it may be

Try then ASUS Zenbook

my trusty xps 12 is still a good companion.

2015 model still has all of those. but where i live only the 128 gb model is still for sale, which is useless.

I wear yohji and have an MSI gs43vr.

>Mac
>Effay
Choose one

apple is passe af
phones are the only thing worth using but only because androids are cheap and tacky

my mac air has been dropped and beat to shit so once it dies ill cop a lenovo thinkpad tbt

Thinkpads are actually pretty good if you're not dressed like /g/

can a regular macbook -not pro- handle anything whatsoever? in terms of graphic design, external displays...?

This.

The new ThinkPad X1 (in black, obv) is the most effay notebook on market, anyone who argues otherwise is an emoji-bar using simpleton.

haha fu?

wo studierste?

I haven't used one extensively but I would expect it to throttle like crazy.

I really hope the Thinkpad Retro actually comes out this year to celebrate the Thinkpad's 25th anniversary. It would be hands down the most effay laptop available.

get a thicc thinkpad t420

Only had pro's and wouldn't recommend anything else to heavy tasks - they for sure get the job done and have a longer lifespan than a pc with similar specs. One might even think that there's a reason behind every creative using a MBP?

However if you want something with a touchscreen, you'd prolly be better off with a Surface _unless_ you want a precise pen (in that case iPad is in a completely different category).

Zenbook 3

>every creative using a MBP

I'm not a "creative" but I do live in LA and have some friends who are. I've noticed over the last few years that fewer are using Macs. I know two guys at Pixar and they all use Linux boxes, one of my best friends owns his own film editing company and uses Windows, as does an architect friend and a friend who's an automotive designer.

I use a MacBook so this isn't an anti Apple thing but I think people overestimate Mac use among the creative industry.

Of course people doing Pixar style heavy rendering will not use mac because they need crazy power to render. The need of equipment changes together with the need of rendering power, heavy post-production needs a dedicated workstation and pc-based solution is needed after mac pro isn't sufficient (or affordable). Also architects mainly use autocad so for them the choice is purely question of money.
This being said, mac is still industry standard for anyone working on a creative field. Honestly I don't know anyone outside of people who's work involves heavy rendering to use other than mac, be it architecture, graphic design, video production or design / interior design. Some artists use pc's, but mainly because they're cheaper and artists are generally poor.

Personally I think this will change soon, I have a second latest fully loaded MBP that'll last a good moment, but I think in only 1-2 year Google will come up with a better alternative because their AI-development is way further than Apple's.

Das ist die bib von Mainz

I'd advise everyone on this board to choose for option #1.

Quite good article on the subject. Seems like Surface is not quite there yet.

theguardian.com/technology/2017/jan/07/mac-windows-pc-macbook-pro-microsoft-surface-book?CMP=fb_gu

>none-thinkpad thinkpads
nice meme

T420, X220 or bust

are you reading bizarro /g/ or am i? i could've sworn /g/ liked the xps 13

in the fashion industry almost everybody designs on macs
the issue is, industry standard software is still pc only, so you constantly have to convert to pdf
however, the industry software has been expanding its offerings and a lot include applications within that do the same things as illustrator and photoshop

>windows
>effay

Windows 10 its pretty Veeky Forums

tfw elliotcore e-corp laptops not buyable

I agree overall but I do feel that I'm seeing less Macs in the creative fields. Yes, it's not surprising that heavy rendering isn't done using Macs but even my architect and film/video editing friends who were pretty die hard Apple fans are moving away from Macs professionally.

I'm pretty sure this coincides with the release of the Mac Pro trashcan. The old Mac Pro towers were fucking awesome and actually somewhat price competitive with PC desktops. The new Mac Pro is not only really expensive, although some of the guys I know really aren't price sensitive so this isn't an issue, but it has zero expandability and it hasn't been updated in years.

A bunch of people I know have gone from the old Mac Pro towers to PC/Linux builds.

Fashion/graphic design/maybe music production I can see, but anyone needing heavy lifting and upgradability is fucked with Apple's current line up. Fashion designers aren't exactly known for being tech savvy either.

thicc-pad

same

>every wannabe creative* using a MBP
fixed

4x3 master race

2016 Razer Blade with the logo removed.

youtu.be/TN-Rub-lmc4

I got the 128GB SSD model, but its working just fine. Bought this sd card for like 70€ to add 128GB. The card is not sticking out, which is very nice. Can even work with video editing and music production on boot camp

Guys, is it wise to choose Macbook Pro 13" non touch bar as my main computer ? I don't game, i don't art or video edit. I just browse and music

The rainbow keyboard is too gamer

then i think i'll save up for a macbook pro anyway. or wait for a next model, or more usb-c compatability. i use indesign, photoshop, illustrator, after effects, premiere and such. also have an uhd display. my 2011 macbook pro handled all of this very well, so a 2016 or 2017 should be fine i guess. just really sad they got rid of the sd card slot and the magsafe.

But macs are still better at rendering. It's not always about the hardware, it's mostly about how efficient the software is, to harmonize all those flashy hardware

Ask /g/, but i think 8GB of RAM is not enough, even if it's just for basic stuff.
I can't believe that all 13" models come with only 8GB of RAM, the touch bar versions should be 16GB at the same price.

This year will be the year if usb-c. I kinda want to buy new laptop but i can't just choose based on the ports. Like who knows, these days, usb-c will be the only port powerful enough to stand the current technologies.

It's configurable to 16 GB

I know, but most people buy the base models with 8GB RAM, Apple is screwing them over.

That overpriced EVGA gaming laptop is effay AF
Only gaming laptop that doesn't look autistic

Yeah, that's not how reality works. Rendering the kind of stuff Pixar does or film editing some 4k feed from a Red Epic is going to be based in large part on graphics card performance and I/O throughput.

>harmonize all those flashy hardware
This is bait right?

OS is like a labyrinth. No matter how stronk the hardwares are, if the labyrinth is too complicated, then they'll need more time to meet. Mac OS has the simplest labyrinth so the low tier hardwares can still work fast without crashing or lagging. Crashing or lagging is the trait of a cheap computer

Implying there is only one setting on the backlighting and it's "rainbow"

Why no one talked about the inspiron 5000 series?

shit build quality

i really want an x series thinkpad but i cant justify the switch because i need the macbook pro i already have so much more than i need a thinkpad

Worst Korea=most beautiful laptops.

theverge.com/ces/2017/1/4/14166738/samsung-notebook-9-hands-on-ces-2017

theverge.com/ces/2017/1/4/14143086/lg-gram-14-laptop-long-battery-life-windows-10-ces-2017

>Nothing special here just another macbook clone.

Zenbook, XPS

best looking phone atm desu.

brushed stahl makes my dick hard desu sinpie

who cares dude its just a pc

yes

Panasonic

>buy macbook
>bootcamp windows
problem solved

poor mans mac