Do you shop here ?

Do you shop here ?

Other urls found in this thread:

grailed.com/users/myitems/116805
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've been in there before, they have some good stuff usually

Nice

I thought it was a clothing store for black people before I realized it was for hipster faggots.

Always walk in when i cross one
Always walk out feeling empty handed

Fun for the experience and inspiration though

Minus the feeling

I think I've bought a beanie from there or something. So long as you don't buy stupid meme t-shirts or trendy stuff I don't see what the problem is.

They're okay. Went in once looking for New Balances, walked out with a Tycho album for $16.
Me and my friends joke about how the staff is all just customers that got mistaken as employees, as both dress the exact same. Like a clickhole article that would read "Man gets employee of the year at Urban Outfitters; didn't even know he worked there".

grailed.com/users/myitems/116805

Last time I went there I found a kind of distressed plain white t-shirt with a kind of thick cotton feel to it, but I couldn't justify spending 40 dollars on it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and knows cheaper alternatives I haven't yet found the same kind of shirt elsewhere, short of taking one of my undershirts and poking holes in it and stretching it.

Copper a couple Levi's jackets for myself and my dad from there

got hella stuff from here in high school every week about cause its cheep

Went to American eagle today, did I make the right choice?

It's mallcore. I went there because a cousin of mine who works there gave me a gift card and a 25% off voucher for them, and I copped a decent pair of chinos for $50 and some white mids for $30 something.
Ended up paying $60 something after the discount so I was pleased enough. The laces on the sneakers were cheap leather that snapped right when I got them (Need to just replace them with some actual laces), but the chinos fit nicely and are comfy af.

I like to go in and look around, usually pretty good for inspo. It's definitely over-priced though; they're pretty good at knowing what the current entry level "indie" style is and profiting from it.

>"Man gets employee of the year at Urban Outfitters; didn't even know he worked there".

Only when they have exclusive stuff

>"Man gets employee of the year at Urban Outfitters; didn't even know he worked there".

No the quality is low and the price is high.

It's just tumblr factory outlet anyway

Is this new york city ? Dammit looking at nyc gives me point and goals as to why i should work hard

looks like we only have two stores of these in my country, so no

Why, it fucking blows there?

What ? I don't get it

But just imagining living life in nyc gives me thrills and excitement. Like, i deserve a better country than this third world shithole and it's the US.

Where do you live? Lol.

Southeast asia. I'm even embarrassed to mention it.

hardcore/punk scene is aight in southeast asia
unless you're in cambodia or laos

I walk in to see what's not cool anymore

>hardcore/punk scene

their headquarters are in my city so i have

some of the vinyls are nice but even those are a bit overpriced

t. flyover

>buying vinyl from UO
>saying "vinyls"

vinyls

This is 90% of clothing retailers, but don't let Veeky Forums know

Urban Outfitters is okay, they mark up some of their trendy pieces to death though. But if you're just buying basics or stuff on sale its fine. Unbranded jeans are okay.

I bet you live in a country that's just fine

Don't fall for the NYC meme

It's the London / Oxford Street store, been there a few times

Vinyl that UO sells is the same you find on Amazon or any music store. Also why the hell aren't you supporting your local music store?

>go into uo in Oxford Street
>look at Levi's jackets in the vintage section
>stained and shit sizes
>£85
Fucking overpriced garbage

Some of the stuff is decent, but I it's never on the cutting edge. Also the quality is generally pretty low, stuff from there always feels cheap The women's department is a lot better than the men's.

nah fuck thatt

i bought a hat there once

I can attest to ae having dank chinos. Lasted for like 4 years before i got a hole.

Literally what keeps people from stealing shit

i was with a friend and his other idiot friend who tried stealing some of the stupid shit they have on the side. he got caught by a clerk and we got kicked out

I used to think it was the shit back in high school.
Then I grew out of being a hipster so I claimed I hated it, and eventually got myself to believe it.
Then some sjw sort of friend shared a clickbait article about 10 ways Urban Outfitters is the worst
Turns out the CEO is fucking based and markets towards hipster cucks because its like shooting fish in a barrel

It smells like shit, there are too many people, it costs too much, it's dirty, and the people suck.

Dense cities are for absolute retards.

I don't scene

But it's exciting and it looks beautiful. It's not some dead plain depressive grey city or an evangelical desert town full of nigger lynchers. It's alive and exciting and just imagine having cool job and cool apartment and cool nightlife and cool friends. Walking around at night is great, food is great, it's not quiet and sad, life will be like casey neistat's.

>casey neistat
>thinking life is like this
>in major cities
hollywood lied to you, casey is from high class society who has money, the life you want requires too much money

>It's just tumblr factory outlet anyway
this

Enjoy paying 5 grand a month for a broom closet then. I live in Chicago, which is fairly analogous to New York, and it's okay.
The shopping, overall energy, food, and culture is indeed good, but it's a lot more gray than you think it is.
Think less CASEY VLOGS HERE GUYS, and more Law And Order (The original one). Lots of gray and drizzly days. Not to mention there are things like higher sales tax (10% in Chicago, and I think it's around that too in New York. I came from Orlando where it was ~6% and no state income tax.) and overall higher cost of living. Plus driving fucking sucks.

Life in a big city is nice, but it's not like what Casey shows you unless you're loaded and do nothing for a living.

Also uses slave labour produced cotton from Central Asia

Staff is awful there. Bunch of smug hypebeast tier faggots

There's a reason for heightened rates of schizophrenia in major metropolitan areas.

2017 Veeky Forums is a dark place.

How come?
If you mean that there are discussions about this garbage tumblr store then yeah

Because there are more doctors willing to misdiagnose a mental condition so they can get a paid golf trip to Pebble Beach?

I guarantee this will be used as a title now. It'd be a disservice if it didn't.

Only thing worth looking through is their sale/clearance section, everything else just overpriced.

fast fashion

why is nobody bringing this up

Pretty much this. Also people that buy those shitty Crosley turntables need to be executed on sight at the register.

Because everyone here already knows that?

>MOST POWERFUL

Never even seen one.
In case I ever do see one,should I go in?

oldfag here

they were fantastic back in high school, that's what Veeky Forums kids were into before internet fashion really took off

I miss that era desu

>It's alive and exciting and just imagine having cool job and cool apartment and cool nightlife and cool friends. Walking around at night is great, food is great, it's not quiet and sad, life will be like casey neistat's.

Honestly if you live in some hipster shithole neighborhood for a shithole place (idk, deep bushwick, crown heights, the dodgier parts of bed stuy) you'll find other recent flyover transplants who want to live the same fascimile of a mid/late aughts hipster life as you, going to shitty little hipster dive(tbars and drinking cheap beer and complaining about being broke etc. etc. (that being said most of the young people here are subsidized by mommy and daddy).

It's expensive, but If you're good at budgeting you can deal with the increased cost of living it's not completely unsustainable to live that way, so long as you've got a bit of hustle (One thing that I personally love about NY is that everyone's got hustle). Anyway, that shit is kind of fun but you grow out of it quickly unless you're a hipster manchild and are hanging out a faux hipster dive bar to bang 20 year old NYU undergraduates which, live your own truth i guess.

I've lived in the city for 6 and a half years now and i'm ready to move out. My interests lie outside of what the city offers and I want a better QOL.

>Honestly if you live in some hipster shithole neighborhood for a shithole place (idk, deep bushwick, crown heights, the dodgier parts of bed stuy) you'll find other recent flyover transplants who want to live the same fascimile of a mid/late aughts hipster life as you, going to shitty little hipster dive(tbars and drinking cheap beer and complaining about being broke etc. etc. (that being said most of the young people here are subsidized by mommy and daddy).

Which is something i never experienced before. And something that is better than the slum i'm living in rn

American culture is attractive but honestly there's no other city that looks attractive. It's like there's only three cities in america : nyc, desert hick towns, everything else

There's cooler parts and cooler "scene" or people in my city too but i struggle fitting in. Like i imagine if i'm in an english speaking environment, i think i could make it. I think socializing would be a lot easier. Maybe it's because i'm used to living in my fantasy world and scenario where i'm speaking english. 70% of my interaction is in my escapism space.

I wonder what kind of people that shop there nowadays

i feel you but if you're not cool in southeast asia you sure as hell aint cool in nyc

Only when something is clearanced.

Not to mention that if you don't have the money, enjoy living in the real life equivalent of the Nut Shack.

I imagine you're pinoy being from a "slum" and liking fashion.

Metropolitan cities aren't the popular spots anymore, places with forested states are the cool places to live these days. Think Colorado, Washington state, and Oregon. I like to imagine living up there where it snows in the winter and the people are relatively nice, too bad they're all progressives and can't think for themselves.

Even in small concentrated metropolitan areas there can be cool places and things to do, I live in a city that's really big on micro-brew, the arts, and other hipster bullshit that's still fun to be around.

forgot pic

>getting triggered in a japanese anime image board

did once, regret it
overpriced cheap shit.

I'm too cool and intelligent here that no one gets me, that everyone seems boring.

Like i know Veeky Forums, i know memes, i know the truth about donald trump, i'm a better person after Veeky Forums and these people around me sure aren't on par with me. I know music that they don't, i fashion that they don't, i politics that they don't. I'm better than them that i'll make it in a better country that i deserve. Being poor is cool, look at mac demarco and just the image of a poor artist is a lot better than whatever i am now

Well not really a slum, i live in a nice house complex with parents at 23 yrs old and barely leaving the house while my brothers are always out with his friends. But i'm a better person than him and his friends and i sure can debate all of them in any issues and i'm sure my favourite bands are better than any EDM thing they listen to and i'm sure none of them knows designers that i know. And i'm sure i have higher IQ than them. And yeah idk i'm not interested living in suburban areas when i'm far from my family. I'd like to live in small apartment where everyone is busy outside and there's no space to think about family and loneliness. I want to always busy working and playing.

I don't want calm cities that people usually choose to grow families in. I want an alive and vibrant and young and bohemian city where i can avoid thinking about family. I want to be 18. I've never been 18 before and i'm 23 now, get it ?

You've been watching too many 90s sitcoms like Friends, haven't you?
Either way, best of luck in your pursuit of the American dream; even if it may not be what it;s cracked up to be.

The places I described aren't comfy places to settle down in, their cultural hotspots are vibrant bohemian communities full of all of your requirements. New York isn't only how you perceive it to be in Neistat's videos, it smells like piss, there's millions of people around you and I guarantee you'll get tired of it when you have to live in a 700 sqft apartment in Inwood for $1500 a month.

Further, I think you really need to reevaluate who you are, you come off as a pretentious ass. I know for a fact there are people who are more cultured and more intelligent than you will ever be living in your province.

Well in fact i only consume foreign media rn, mostly american. Idk anything local that's happening

Of course there are, but living in a country whose ideology is what i'm against, is infuriating all the time. I'm a libertarian right and this country is almost authoritarian left.

I'm just, self aware. Of how good i am, how bad i am.

>more cultured
What does that even mean ? More traditional ? More virtuous ? Does it matter though ? I'm just very not satisfied with who i am rn and i have tons of images and personas in my head that i always try to be. And yeah i guess i'm gonna consider another city probably seattle. No southern city, for sure

If you claim your dream world is in English and you don't even know what "cultured" means you should probably reevaluate you fantasies.

>I'm a libertarian right and this country is almost authoritarian left.

i'm not sure you'll like nyc that much either. most are pretty liberal and progressive, unlike the alt reich on Veeky Forums. Everyone here fucking hates donald trump (and rightly so).

It's overpriced but every now and again they have some good cops. Their collabs can be pretty decent.

New York and other metropolitan areas such as Chicago, LA, and San Francisco are authoritative left cities.

Not one near me.

I work there, actually. Most people that shop here have no taste. Either that or it's gooks that need something to wear with their 800 dollar jackets/shoes

Dear Friends,
Yesterday I was taking a quick break to sketch and read during my work day, (I drive uber part-time) when I noticed that I was parked 100 feet from a really interesting looking facade on LaBrea, there was a random valet and stark contrast colors of grey tones and off white stucco. I looked closer and saw a tiny signage at the top that reads "Rick Owens"... perfect it was destiny to explore this boutique, I mean I'm a art fan and a huge admirer of the dark shadow pale white guy named Rick so, I put change in the meter since I was leaving the car. I entered the off white facade and entered what felt like a minimal jurrasic park, a tall cage of wall and black rocks. Valet was nice and told me that I should park my car inside, I declined... I needed the exercise I told him. Then I entered the doors with a museum like expectation and I was politely greeted and encouraged to try on the most outlandish pieces I could find. I told the person on the sales floor that I was here for the art! This was the secret keyword it seemed as I was rushed to the secret hidden dressing rooms that had the most scary and intriguing wax renditions of the pale genius himself. I was also dazzled by the smoke and mirrors display and the immense amount of natural light that complimented the color graduations of the current collections on display.
I'm sharing this letter with you to encourage you to get up get out and explore. There was n way that any instagram post could have compared to this experience. I intentionally didn't take any pictures because the experience is one that needs to be had in real life. I encourage you to visit, shop and explore. Life is too short not to.
-Cheers

tl;dr i went to the rick owens store in LA

p.s. there's nothing secret about the dressing rooms.

>life will be like casey neistat's.

yes good goy, city life is exactly like you see in the movies!

bought a shirt and a jacket at UO once maybe ten years ago

both are just now starting to look ratty even with frequent wear

I don't really go for the style they sell these days but I guess I can say that there are some fairly high quality pieces there if you hunt around

You call yourself cultured, and yet you are ignorant to the US outside of the tiny bubble that is the vlogs of a leftist gremlin.

This. It was the og cool kids store. When it first opened the idea of having cool clothes and vinyl and trendy furniture and funny books all under one roof was still pretty new outside of a few boutiquey places.

Exactly. At least it's libertarian. Be it right or left. They celebrate gay pride so that's good. Like my country is authoritarian lefty but religious. Like fuck that

They can't be. The whole america is about individual liberty. Something i value a lot in life

which one is worse, this or gap ?

gap is obviously better

Is it burma by any chance?

They are entirely different store models. You can't compare them really.

But Gap sucks imo

Indonesia

Gap is literally the best fast fashion out there

Gap is literally the best fast fashion out there