Last night I ran out of gas and had to walk to a a 24 hour gas station. I was in the cold for an hour at least...

Last night I ran out of gas and had to walk to a a 24 hour gas station. I was in the cold for an hour at least. It was 12 degrees Fahrenheit. I never want to be that cold again.

Does any one here know of a parka with ankle length like a duster or long trenchcoat?

Or some other kind of full body coat that has the warmth and the hood of a parka?

I'd like something close to heavy-duty professional warmth.

Thank you for your expertise.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/201029275430
ebay.com/itm/Military-Polartec-Gen-III-Jacket-/232199491551
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

canada goose if u live in a colder region

cheaper alternatives include alpha industries and some ecko utd (i used to use an ecko parka and it kept me warm in the winter)

It was 12 degrees. It gets below 0 here.

Milsurp if you're on a budget. You can find German army parkas pretty cheap.

I've been wearing a Squall Parka by Lands end for a few winters and it really gets me through the worst months.

If you want warm legs then you have to buy long johns or thermals, A coat can keep your thighs warm, but your feet and shins can't be effectively protected while still offering a wide range of movement.

pic related.

That makes sense. Thank you

one jacket that's a grail of mine is the canadian army extreme cold winter parka

should be able to handle below -40 celsius which is why im super interested in it plus it doesnt have gay camo, you should check it out

How warm does a bundeswehr flecktarn parka keep you

Not very, it's really quite thin. I wear mine in the summer a lot. Keeps the wind off though.

Anyone know of any good military surplus sites/stores for warm coats?

Fuck the Amazon site said it's great for cold weather
Do u think I'll be good?
From North Jersey

Did it have a cold rating in degrees?

No just said great for cold weather wear

google around. They have been Veeky Forums tier for a minute so people flip them on ebay a lot.

>grail
>$60 milsurp parka
I don't think you know what a grail is

Literally any down jacket or parka will do you fine at that temperature. I'm sure even some synthetic fill stuff will be okay if you're not normally wandering around for hours at night. Just wear a sweater with it.

Milsurp, like other anons have mentioned, Fjallraven, Filson, Woolrich, Penfield, just to name a few.

Also, I'll need tall sizes. I'm 6'6" but only a medium. :(

if you get the liner with it you will be fine

A lot of the more common brands make their pieces in "Tall" sizes. North Face, Columbia, Lands end, Carhartt, L.L. Bean.

Good winter coats look great exactly as they are, They are sturdy, dependable and can last for decades. The same can be said for a good pair of all weather boots. You buy them for function over fashion.

I keep both as well as a pair of gloves in my car at all times during the winter, you never know when you may be stranded for hours with no help in sight.

Does the one on Amazon that costs 27.99 have the liner

doesnt look like it

liner I have with mine from a milsurp site looks like pic related

OP just keep a damn jacket in your car and don't let it break the bank
or, hell, a sweater and a jacket
you're gonna make it

This story makes me laugh for some reason
>I never want to be that cold again

This.

Anything can be super warm with layers.

I was wearing a jacket.

samefag

ebay.com/itm/201029275430
there OP; great hoodie, new with tags, 35 bucks

ebay.com/itm/Military-Polartec-Gen-III-Jacket-/232199491551
and here; comfy as fuck, military vibe, zip it up and wear a jacket over it

>12 degrees Fahrenheit
>cold

that isnt cold at all you fucking pussy

I moved from a border city to the upper midwest
gotten a bunch of advice on shit to keep in my car so I'll pass it on

1) extra jacket, I've literally gotten this recommendation from a bunch of coworkers and family, and I need to put another coat in my car
2) extra hat and mittens
3) sand or kitty litter, in case you get stuck
4) ice scraper / brush, they're 12 bucks at Target