FW17 MENSWEAR

JW Anderson was fantastic as always

these pants will cost an arm and a leg but they're beautiful

Other urls found in this thread:

dazeddigital.com/fashion/article/34217/1/craig-green-on-the-meaning-behind-his-anonymous-travellers-aw17-interview
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its been ok this year so far. nothing too crazy

FREESTYLA
ROCK THE MICROPHONE

Agreed, JW showing he's still on top. I thought Craig also presented a great collection which tied some of his older ideas with his new ones.

This jacket looks super comfy

very dece

This one does too

Of course, it being Craig green, there's probably a myriad of other awesome and wearable pieces that are obscured in the runway show by crazy styling

wow jw anderson mainline is actually starting to become good for once

Like it wasn't before.

He had a couple good moments scattered between a bunch of ugly nonsensical meme clothing, but it seems, at least for his men's he has managed to tone down the autism a bit and make actually desirable yet interesting and well thought out clothes that doesn't just serve for a canvas for him to retch up a tonne of shallow mismatched conceptual bullshit, something he managed to capture with his loewe work, but never his namesake line, at least not throughout a whole collection
to me, that takes more skill than sprawling stupid wordsearch motifs and snails across your clothes because it's """""symbolic""""" and """"intellectual""""
its a fashion show ffs, the fashion should come first before concept, and I feel this is the collection where he has done that

I respect your point but we have a fundamental difference in that I do want fashion shows to be fully conceptual. I would agree with you on the statements about this recent collection as well though; their were a ton of wearable, interesting pieces.

I spot copypasta

ctrl + f: ktz
0 results

new ktz shit is amazing

Love the knitted sleeves.

It never really occurred to me that J.W.Anderson is the same Jonathan at Loewe, that's cool.

I thought it was pretty good too and I previously disliked them. I liked Marashi's alot too.

i came when I saw craig green. fucking love that dude so much. here's a nice piece explaining his vision for this show a bit:
dazeddigital.com/fashion/article/34217/1/craig-green-on-the-meaning-behind-his-anonymous-travellers-aw17-interview

This
They finally got back to their roots. Last collections were very disappointing..

i definitely need to shout out samuel ross' a-cold-wall*
what a great first show

such a great coat and use of materials

is this JW anderson too?

Definitely surpassed expectations, hopefully they can continue to improve in the same way as Virgil has at Off White (Similar starting points). They look to have started on a much better foot though.

p-people actually discussing fashion on Veeky Forums ? am i dreaming?

i get the constant reference of virgil, but i think it's unfair to sam
he's very talented in his own right, don't want to spam his credentials but his website has his work listen and it's incredible for a 25 year old

he has started off on a great foot
his take on clothes and creative direction is very interesting and inspiring--the constant references to his surroundings and the ends has me taking a step back and looking at things differently when i design

what show has been your favorite so far?

My comment was one of the above but JW has been my favourite so far; I felt he was able to draw from a ton of new inspiration and ideas but still interweave it with his original ethos. I also loved Craig and thought he displayed his best collection in a few seasons. And Kiko was definitely a favourite as well, he continued and improved his form from his first show imo.

yeah JW's was amazing, craig was as consistent as ever
i loved markus lupfer's use of liner jackets and prints

something about marine rose's collection is so strange yet interesting, i find myself looking at it more than the rest

london fashion week has taken the throne for me these past few seasons

I got too much Denma vibes (even if Rose has been doing it for a while) which I've had just a bit too much of.

I also wasn't a big fan of Wales Bonner's collection which was a shame since I've previously enjoyed what she's put out.

Thanks, Craig is really able to translate his ideas so well. Also think he is the perfect fit for doing the uniforms in the new Alien film.

i see what you mean by demna vibes
i'm just very drawn by the palette, materials, the location itself
the triple waist pants with zipped patch pocket are so great to me

realy dont like the proportions, could have been done much better

martine rose>

Where do I go to see all of the shows so far and who's coming up next. Pls help

Vogue runway has a decent amount already. some smaller brands like act aren't there tho

what country are you in? or is that too specific

*ACW

Damn, repping the Swiss Cantons, I fuck with that. Where 2 cop?

Tactical Nuke Incoming!

10/10

this dude got the Lord Farquaad cut talking about male fashion