Is being vegetarian Veeky Forums

Yes of course. It makes you skinnier, gets you better skin and pooping. And it just looks better in instagram. Like if you put yourself in a third person position and see yourself, you'll be proud

Being vegan is Veeky Forums but talking or boasting about it is definitely not.

ITT:
Vegans and their lies

Yep, I'm all w/ this user. The only place I'll even mention this kind of thing is on anonymous image boards. You'll be skinnier, your skin will glow, and you'll smell a tousand times better being vegetarian or mostly vegetarian. Personally, I eat fish once or twice a month, because I believe the minerals are necessary. But yeah, being a thinking, knowledgeable person on all things having to do with food is definitely cool. At least in my opinion.

i've been vegan for a month and beans are making my poop bloody help pls

Are they kidney beans?

yeah and pinto

Why the beans in the first place? Plus kidney beans are red.

need something to eat with my rice.
sick of eating bread and pasta

I don't know, user, I've never been vegan. I'm not even 100% vegetarian, like I said in that other post. Your body might need some time to adjust, I don't know. One thing that I truly love is orange-flavored Metamucil, though. I take two tablespoons around 5pm every day in a glassful of water with a straw. Then I have a perfect bowel movement first thing in the morning when I wake-up. Metamucil is what you want; don't just use psyllium or flax seeds on their own. Honestly, stick with good old fashioned Metamucil. It seriously does improve one's quality of life.

That being said, it will only mask your problem.

Perhaps you should just be vegetarian instead of vegan?

It's a personal call, friend. Only you can discover what's best for you.

thanks user. I'll go buy some metamucil and i'll consider being vegetarian

Okay consider they're red, sure it's blood. Even so, you may still be adjusting to the higher phytonutrient intake. I would try to steer you in the direction of lentils though, godly fiber content.
My diet consists primarily of rice, potatoes and lentils.
Also worth noting, red lentils have a higher antioxidant content than green.

lentil stews are really nice

i view meat as a delicacy and try to only eat it as a treat, i think theres no point in denying myself something i enjoy if i comfortable with the killing of animals, which i am. i do however view the meat industry as hugely damaging to world and think we should all cut down on the consumption of meat. plus loads of veggi food is tasty as fuck

No.
You can't be Veeky Forums if you don't wear leather.

desu

it makes me feel better and girls instantly gets more interested in me

>gets you better skin and pooping
Seriously no one ever told me going vegetarian would make me regular as fuck but it did and now I know exactly when I'll have to poop every day. It's heaven.

>It makes you skinnier
Not true.

This. I lost weight initially, but my gf is vegan and took up baking, she's been making several loaves of bread per week plus all the pies/cookies/etc over the holiday that I've gained 20lb.

this desu

Do whatever the fuck you want, just don't advertise it or act like you're better than everyone else.

If some offers you a hamburger you have two options
>make a disgusting face "GROSS im a vegetarian!"
Or
>"no thanks, ill pass"

Your choice

VEGETARIANISM IS TO VEGANISM WHAT SOLUBLE "COFFEE" IS TO AUTHENTIC COFFEE.

>vegetarian

op didnt mention veganism

Yes, but no one actually does that.

The few people that found out that I was a vegetarian always give me shit for it, they mention it all the time, and I never started a conversation about it myself. They were the ones acting like they're better than me and made fun of me.

kidney beans iirc are slightly toxic. switch to black beans and great white northern / navy (the white ones) beans and lentils and you should be in better shape.

casual vegetarianism best
dont skip out of red meat just make sure its local and not big ag
dont eat poultry or dairy

veganism is hypocritical trash

No this guy, but a good example of vegan hypocrisy is them making the abuse of livestock a "moral outrage!", but them rarely (if ever) commenting on the abuse of farm hands.

If they were morally consistent, they'd complain about abuse in all sectors of agribusiness, not just the ones their fad diet tells them to hate on.

(They don't, nor will they ever.)

the quinoa industry is a very good example of this too famalam

i dont believe in veganism at all

mfw im veggie but still aim for once a week red meat from the farmers market

my nigga the plug gotta keep my zinc and iron levels @ peak

TYPICAL INSTANCE OF AN IGNORANT NONVEGAN BECOMING IMMEDIATELY AND UNWARRANTEDLY DEFENSIVE AGAINST THE MERE NOTION OF VEGANISM.

IT IS FUTILE TO ENGAGE IN DIALOGUE WITH THIS KIND OF PERSON, BECAUSE THEIR TENDENCIES ARE INNATE, AND NO DEGREE OF EDUACATION, INFORMATION, OR PERSUASION, WILL CHANGE THEM —TO SPREAD VEGANISM BY DIALOGUE IS NOT A RADICAL ACTION; VEGANISM SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED ON A MASS SCALE VIA SOCIAL REFORMS, NOT ON AN INDIVIDUAL SCALE VIA DIALOGUE.

ONCE VEGANISM BECOMES NORMAL, INDIVIDUALS LIKE THESE WILL BE RARE —IF NOT VIRTUALLY NONEXISTENT.

Ironic that you talk about education, because if you took college level human science courses you'd know that veganism is shit for us as a species.

Quinoa was exactly what I had in mind.

Another example of hypocrisy: Environmental waste is bad, but you can't use those hides to make leather goods, just let them waste away!

>environmental waste
>make leather goods
anti-vegans everyone

How so? Give me the literal skinny.

You do realize the hides would end up in a landfill if they weren't used, right?

That's a waste of perfectly good resources.

We shouldn't be killing animals for consumption in the first place, retard.

HAHAHAHA fucking vegans.
im sure there are numerous things in your home that have involved animals in the making process.

Continue this conversation after you've learned how hides are processed mouthbreathing fag

Humans are omnivores, we're supposed to eat a steady diet of both meat and vegetables.

And not killing animals is also detrimental to the environment

>Overpopulation of wild horses in Montana overeating, leaving no food for other species.

Hunting the surplus and eating the meat benefits the environment.

>Overpopulation of wild boar in Texas causing crop damage and displacing local species. Hunting and consuming these boars would benefit the environment.

Overpopulation of nuisance animals like deer also harms the environment, as well as puts humans in danger.

Hunting and consuming these animals is good for the environment.

(Also venison >>>>>>>>>>>> beef. Better for you too, since it's lean AF.)

etc. etc.

There are literally hundreds of methods to process hides.

The ones used to mass-produce cheap hides are obviously the worst, but those also only exist in shit countries like India and some of the African countries where there are little-to-no laws governing the handling of byproducts.

As such, hide processing has far less of an environmental impact in countries where there are severe punishments for mishandling toxic waste.

>we're capable of eating a steady diet of both meat and vegetables
ftfy

>And not killing animals is also detrimental to the environment
Introducing non-native species is also detrimental to the environment and is the real reason these animals "need" to be killed in the first place

>Overpopulation of nuisance animals like deer also harms the environment, as well as puts humans in danger.
They overpopulate because humans genocide the wolves that prey on them

Looks like someone passed up AP Environmental Science. Newsflash: your G.E.D. doesn't qualify you to speak like you know shit when you really don't

Not him, but lentil stuff is like kerosene to my bowel movements

what's bad with the quinoa industry?

kill yourself you spic faggot