No-one buys Uniqlo anymore?

Uniqlo founder suffers heavy losses after clothing company shares crash. Japan's richest man Tadashi Yanai loses $1.4 billion in a single day. He suffered the biggest wealth decline among the world’s 500 richest people according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
Uniqlo Japan announced a December slump on Friday, blaming unusually warm weather which it said had hit sales of winter clothing.

Not that Uniqlo would be famous for its heavy winter gear.

What's up with this Uniqlo fags?

independent.co.uk/news/business/news/japan-richest-man-tadashi-yanai-loses-115-billion-single-day-fast-retailing-shares-uniqlo-67-per-a7517016.html

Uniqlo is now H&M tier and no longer worthy of being considered a serious investment in a quality garment of any type.

Uniqlo is dying because menswear is dead and all the teens are now on heavily branded and trendy cut streetwear

assuming most of you are too new to Veeky Forums so
they've always been about cheap basics but used to be much more focused on the fashion side of it (ie qlo x uc), then they went too hard on the >ultralight down style and lost a lot of their base, and are now trying to regain it with lemaire collabs

I think the newfag is actually you.

uniqlo u collection was a mistake

That must be a shocker, losing almost half of your net worth just like that in a single day.

I honestly think it's because they really grew in the past year or so, and are competing directly with H&M which has more trendy designs at a lower price (The one here in Chicago is directly between an H&M and a Topman).

>the two things I've been wanting to buy since forever have been out of stock for my size for ages

maybe if they stopped using the shittiest mail service around (fed ex) i would buy from them more often.

This

You can say H&M stepped their shit up or Uniqlo fell off, but this is the reality of the situation

Also basics and wardrobe essentials have flooded the marketplace

Even someone with no designs of being Veeky Forums can cop a decently fitting bomber jacket or crewneck from the mall

>Not that Uniqlo would be famous for its heavy winter gear

No, but one of its best sellers is heattech base layers so the cold weather comment is relevant.

this. loud shit is in. kind of interesting how fast shit moves

This whole posts reeks of "yeah, I'm 2 years in to fashion and know my shit"

Trends have always went and gone fast as shit and most people go with the trends, nothing new really

what if I told you I don't claim to know anything, and that I'm just anonymously browsing an image board giving my input wherever I see fit?

>what if I told you I don't claim to know anything
Well I would certainly believe you considering the content of yur posts.

Alrighty pal, stay up

I think their best course of action would be to increase quality and price and release some more unconventional clothing options. They need to get back on top of being the middle ground between fast fashion and high-end clothing

How? It's just the Lemaire collab rebranded isn't it? Lemaire is still behind the designs for the most part as far as I understood.

Fast retailing going down on the stock exchange =/= end of uniqlo

Uniqlo is expanding get your shit right

Do you even read? Shares crashing is not a self-induced thing, it's not even because of a tweet from Trump, but because Uniqlo wasn't able to sell the amount of clothes they planned, at least that's what they communicate.
Expanding is not the wisest decision in given circumstances, i guess no-one was expecting the shares to crash, so the expanding might get postponed. I'm afraid, it's not me who needs to get his shit together. Losing $1.4 billion is definitely not chump change and it can mean the beginning of something, probably not the end (just yet), but the beginning of something different.

My personal anecdote is that Uniqlo never seems to change their inventory at all, and the inventory they do have is just really basic.

If I want a scoop neck or tanktop I have to go elsewhere.

All of their pants aren't cut well, I look like a dork wearing them.

I always make H&M a last resort when I'm going shopping but always end up buying things there. I'll like the cut and the look of clothes there even if I know the quality isn't great. I try to give Uniqlo my business but there's nothing there I want. If there's something good there, I already have it.

Their OCBDs get really wrinkly compared to other brands, also.

Projecting my experience with Uniqlo on everyone: the item(s) customers wanted were probably sold out consistently enough to drive them away.

Also, the quality (like H 'n' M and other fast fashion retailers) is shit. If I wanted a shirt that will fall apart in two months I'd buy from American Apparel, the king of poorqual basics.

Shame, uniqlo is my go to for cross dressing

>Uniqlo is now H&M tier and no longer worthy of being considered a serious investment in a quality garment of any type.

you're fucking delusional

alright so i used to buy a lot of basics from uniqlo. shirts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants, hoodies, etc. normal shit you might get anywhere, but i preferred uniqlo because the quality was really solid for the price, and their sizing was always on point and quite reliable.

in the past year something has changed. a lot of last year's items have been replaced with lower quality garments which honestly fit weird. uniqlo seems to have given into the scoop neck trend on almost everything, even their basics, which for me means no more money spent there. i really, really do not like a large neck hole on basic items like sweatshirts and t-shirts, but unfortunately uniqlo has gone this route. why? who knows. trends i guess? either way, it's frustrating, because if i wanted a scoop neck T i would go to H&M, not uniqlo.

their flannels have gotten thinner too. some things are still really solid quality (hoodies are still great), but i'm iffy about their sweats which used to be really solid for the price.

Think of it like this
If the uniqlo lemaire collab were to be called lemaire ft. uniqlo, then Uniqlo you would essentially be uniqlo ft. lemaire
It's much less lemaire and more uniqlo styling

I really used to like their clothes, but the quality dropped, and they haven't released good looking items lately

I cant even fucking buy airism stuff anywhere??

they deserve to be ded lmao

retards

M E L B O U R N E

Australian uniqlo has lots of airism. We usually miss out on a lot, so it's pretty good.

>tfw its available for me

Maybe it's not in your cucked country yet.

D-dubbo ;_;

>dubbo
wtf, I don't know shit about NSW but I know there's no uniqlo for miles away. Order online?

Usually. I also go to sydney a lot.

pls i need more undershirts!!

you have no idea what you're talking about

i would love for this "uniqlo is now h&m tier" meme to die. you newfags fall for it and repeat it over and over again. you're misleading fellow plebs

their lemaire collab was cool

> shill long enough on Veeky Forums
> see kids wearing it in the streets a year later

>sydney
oi sheila how bout u stop by my place aye

sorry
>sheila (bloke)

>sheila
its a bloke m8

would still chuck me didgeridoo up its vegemite hole though

Only if you're in double bay

do you honestly think Uniqlo is better quality than H&M? lmao it's all made in the same factory you fucking dunce.

How are the cashmere sweaters for 99?

Still never understood why their Disney/StarWars collabs were even selling.

>Merino cotton t-shirts
Are till among the most comfy affordable basic shirts i have ever bought.

Which is why it's boring and not selling. They should habe kept their grubby noses out of it.

>Still never understood why their Disney/StarWars collabs were even selling.
*gasp* they have a casual audience outside of internet fashion dweebs

That is what i am saying.
>be +15
>wear Mickey Mouse/Yoda T-shirt?
>mainstream? Wut?
>not even cool/subversive, just childish.

its far, far better than H&M. The same factory (or a very similar factory) can produce very differen products. Improving quality control even 1% for a company like H&M would cost them heavily given the amount product they shift. I'd guess youve never shopped at uniqlo or H&M desu as the quality difference in say, a plain T-shirt from the two, is very obvious

I own both H&M and Uniqlo clothing, and the difference in quality is very obvious. You obviously haven't worn either or just shop at H&M, because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Yeh this isnt true. Uniqlo used to be known for JUST SOCKS - thats how they did most of their growing. They were the same price as socks from h an m or something but 10 times better. They've alwasy been about underwear, plain t's and latterly their long sleeve heattech T's which still have a great quality/price ratio.

They're investing too much. I'd say lower the production and close some low income stores and stop with the collab and stop the production of low sales products.

ive only seen the two UK stores (which are on the same street) but what i can tell their in store invetory is VERY varied; I agree witht he other comments that i see Uniqlo as a 'good basics' shop. When yoi get to the price point of some of their collab stuff there is suddenly lots of more 'glamorous' competition. Also the website here is often selling stuff that started out at say...£19.99 for £2.90. Their higher end stuff cant be selling.

The changed the fits of the shirts to be a lot boxier to appease the American markets. Only reason I bought it is because it had basics for skinny people

>do you honestly think Uniqlo is better quality than H&M?

I do. better cuts too.

This is my problem. I ordered shirts from them after hearing good things and based on the fact that they're a Japanese company since I'm very skinny and have a hard time finding well-fitting shirts because of it, but I ended up hating the fit. Cheap H&M shirts fit me better.

ITT: faggots thinks that America shitty trends are representative of the world

>do you honestly think Uniqlo is better quality than H&M?
Not that guy but if you think Uniqlo is anywhere near as bad as H&M you probably haven't touched any of their clothing. H&M is probably the worst quality of any store I've ever been to. Seriously shitty thin stretchy fabrics everywhere and loose stitching. I tried on some pants from H&M at the mall once and they were genuinely embarrassing to wear. I thought Veeky Forums was exaggerating about H&M until I went.

work for qlo at a relatively high position

the company is failing in suburbs like everyone else but what sets them back even more is that their product line is uninteresting for the american market, and they've decided to double down on their shitty sizing and made it company-wide in the usa.

the marketing side of uniqlo is also abysmal, they've lost that "modern" and "different" look they had, japanese marketing teams have no idea of what theyre doing in the usa. race-based marketing, things such as "dress your mannequins more caucasian" being spread as company directive are also a few other reasons as to why theyre failing in my opinion

>Why do Jap. marketing execs not understand the US market?
>Why is their repetoire considered uninteresting in the US?

I usually export from Uniqlo Japan as they have the smaller size XS (XXS) that isn't available in western countries (I'm a skinny asianlet). I'm quite happy with their quality and fits, perfect for skinny fucks with small frames like me.

I've heard stories that they sized up their popular slim oxfords to cater for US markets which were known to fit amazingly for the skinny twats from Veeky Forums and /r/mfa. That's a shame. I haven't noticed much difference in ones I purchased previously from Japan though but I guess I'll see when my latest order arrives. Pic related.

It is way better, you don't know what you are talking about

is pharell in the process of removing those tats or is that just how they are

I bought a couple pairs of Uniqlo socks about two years ago and I remember them falling apart in a months

SSC? I'm quit this week because I just can't fucking take it. It's like they're hell bent on driving themselves into the ground. I saw a glimmer of hope in Uniqlo U and they botched it as expected.

They moved into Canada recently, and all their ads heavily featured their flannels. I was so fucking unimpressed when I went in to check - just typical garbage fashion flannel.
I don't know why I was expecting it to be proper thick like something I'd find in a work/outdoors store, they just really played it up.

Maybe if they didn't fuck up the cut of their shit I would actually buy more things, but as it stands they've decided to make everything boxy as shit. Their medium sized Tees used to be literally the best fitting things ever for me, now it's so fucking boxy and long that just wearing it looks awkward as fuck.

Yep. Uniqlo built their empire on socks.

He has been removing them for a while. Good on him.

From my trip to JP this summer all I saw was this fucking green bomber jacket everywhere. uniqlo has this same exact jacket and so did everyone and their mother.

Why by the same design from uniqlo for $60 when you could literally buy it at some shit tier store for $9 with almost the same quality and exact same design.

They're out of touch IMO.

I dont know what everyone is complaining about when they say theyve changed their designs. All of my uniqlo items fit nicely and feel good. The only issues I have are they they dont seem to make size 28 pants (in the west anyway) and that the pair of black selvedge jeans I have are just slightly too long so hemming them would be a pain but look slightly awkward. Oh and the brown dry pack t-shirt I have seems to make me sweat a little, dont know if thats just coincidence though. The U shirt I have from them is excellent along with all the other tshirts, pants etc. Their socks are great too as already mentioned. Probably half of my sock collection is from them.

I see. That makes more sense to the naming as well. So we shouldn't expect much for SS17. No dope striped shirts.

>race-based marketing, things such as "dress your mannequins more caucasian" being spread as company directive are also a few other reasons as to why theyre failing in my opinion
race-based marketing actually makes a lot of sense, it's only that USA is not dominantly Caucasian in many places

also, the article is not really about USA, it's about Uniqlo Japan, so they're failing at home grounds

Fucking selvedge jeans are the holy grail of never in stock

>Also, the quality (like H 'n' M and other fast fashion retailers) is shit. If I wanted a shirt that will fall apart in two months I'd buy from American Apparel, the king of poorqual basics.

What the fuck do you do to make shit fall apart in two months? I have things (mostly plain ts) that are years old and still perfectly fine.

Same. My American Apparel shirts last me years for the most part.

it's all fast fashion anyway who gives a fuck

nothing but blends, thin material, small collars and even smaller rises

It makes no sense in Uniqlo context though, some of the appeal is that it's "exotic" and has that asian aesthetic

ITT: Veeky Forumsggots think the only thing that matters is the western market.

nearly every single aspect of my uniqlo stuff is better than the h&m equivalent

They made a whole new R&D studio in europe for Uniqlo U IIRC, SS17 should be on the way

their last good thing was the lemaire collab, so no wonder they're tanking

amerifat sizes, worse quality, the exact same shit every season. no wonder people aren't buying anymore

>stop the production of low sales products
They do this all the time

overexpanding would be an understatement of what they did this past few years, they went full retard and forgot that most overseas markets weren't as densely populated as japan, and even they overexpanded in their home country

what are the sizes on their jeans/trousers from japan?

>their last good thing was the lemaire collab, so no wonder they're tanking

lemaire collab was disappointing, the parka fit like shit. i get that some people like that sorta fit but i don't want a coat that looks like a dress and i don't really think uniqlo is doing themselves any favors by putting out ill-fitting collabs when they're known for clothing that fits well.

it's lemaire you mong

the point i am making is that due to the fit the collab may not have appealed all that much to uniqlo's customer base

you're not talking about U right

anyway they're trying too hard to please americans with ridiculously boxy fits. I can't even get into their S sized sweaters anymore because they're like parachutes

Oh gee if only they had made more Monsters Inc tee shirts for grown adult men instead having bigger supply in those pesky collabs that are more popular for some bizarre reason!

Striped shirts aren't really a super 'lemaire' thing anyway, he dabbles in them, but they are usually very thinly striped, not like the ones in the uniqlo collab

all of my god damn shirts are from uniqlo, i need to figure out where else to get clothes

jp teams working for uniqlo usa live to work, local members work to live.
they fundamentally do not understand the US

they are excellent, i'm 6 months in with my favourite and it's absolutely fucking great.
have way more expensive sweaters with merino mix, not as nice

i own the schott MA1 in black leather, i would buy the schott in nylon over uniqlo for 100 bucks? i guess.
my socks cost more than 9 eurodollars, get a job please

They really shouldn't have renamed it
Lemaire drew attention for anyone even only minimally interested in fashion
Most people don't know that U is designed by Lemaire, his name isn't pushed enough

this post is fucking retarded

I think the person was saying they're the same in brand recognition, but brand recognition is only for people who don't understand fashion at all. You can wear whatever the fuck you want to make a good fit. Only retards judge fits based on brand