SLP's new men's collection is live!

And it sucks. It's seriously horrific. Some pieces are cool, but the branding is tacky, shitty, and some pieces are shameful Gucci ripoffs.

ysl.com/subhome/index?gender=U&yurirulename=subhome§ion=springsummer&sitecode=SAINTLAURENT_IT&tp=129612&utm_source=20160109_RSVP_MSS17&utm_medium=email&utm_content=ecommerce&utm_campaign=it

Discuss/insult.

Other urls found in this thread:

ysl.com/it/shop-product/uomo/abbigliamento-top-sportivi-heather-grey-saint-laurent-universite-sweatshirt_cod37978248lj.html
ysl.com/it/shop-product/uomo/abbigliamento-top-in-cachemire-black-ultrafine-cashmere-crewneck-sweater_cod37978235dw.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Glad to see that The Village People's forward thinking style is finally coming into vogue.

looks like every other season, what a surprise

They hopped the embroidery trend. Looks good, not overdone
Moon stuff looks terrible.
The zippered Wyatts are nice but idk if i'd trust zippered boots
Everything else is eh

>hedi slimane died for this

RIP

Don't agree. I hate the embroidery trend, though I'm gonna make an exception for the jacket I put in the title post.. I like the moon stuff, and the branding is really annoying the hell out of me. I like teh blouson shirt, though. That's kind of cool. The zippered Wyatts, in my opinion, look like tacky Prada 90s shit. But that's just me.

slp is is and always will be shite

This was 100% put together by some marketing team.

The majority is just extremely safe stuff that would have been peripheral items in Hedi's collections plus a few flavour of the month items blatantly ripped off of Gucci. Also more branded stuff and much more visible branding on accessories. The whole collection is just: "how can we make the most money off of people who have instagram accounts".

lmao

truth. a marketing team that understands about forty percent of its clientele.

slp bought into its own hype but people will still shamelessly buy all of these pieces and continue to ride the wave until like 2019 when cyclical fashion takes us back to the early/mid 2000s for some reason and everyone dresses like they're in a hoobastank music video

fuck

so what other similar aesthetics/houses can i jump ship to instead of this trite trash?

Not a fan of any of the jackets. Some nice shirts and knits

Second age Nazi or gay leather daddy

why would i buy a black and white striped sweater from ysl for 650 when i can buy a black and white striped sweater from hm for like $20

it wasn't that great, but i'm digging this cropped crewneck, which hopefully is what it is and not just a wide tshirt

Was just going to buy the ASOS one

:^^^)

the jacket in the OG post is printed not embroidered. The only embroidered stuff is the denim jackets / shirts. I'm just glad they didn't try and do more than that.

You could imitate this for under $150

Pretty sure every fucking clothing brand has or had shirts like these.

yeah but dude
>saint laurent

all of the floral patterns are nice, i like the scarf though.

All of the shoes are totally meh, boots are standard, standard monkstrap shoes, really meh colorways for hi tops. the branding sucks ass, gaudy and obnoxious.

the only piece that stands out to me is the double breasted military jacket, could easily be incorporated into a runway outfit.

it looks like some H&M shit.

Yeah fast fashion companies like Topman and Zara have been doing these embroidered and souvenir jackets for the past year because that was the hot new meme.

you'll be missed hedi ...

the end of an era

fucking kys

I honestly dont understand why its following fast fashion trends. Like this is a new collection right. Why can I get stuff pretty much exactly the same as this on sale from Zara from last year? This makes no sense

because
a. gucci has been doing this for the past several seasons and the shitty design team over slp decided to jump on the bandwagon
b. zara & co pour millions into having extremely fast turn around on producing new designs, so they can make all the stuff shown on the runway several months before its actually produced and released by the original brands

Tried an exact copy of this shirt in all saints, as much of an SLP fanboy I am, I really couldn't notice much difference in quality. And at £98 vs £420, kind of silly.

used to model for SLP can confirm this is 100% correct for last season and this season

last season was hedi's items in different colours, designed by his team ad organised by marketing people

So, did Vaccarello have anything to do with this or not? Highsnobiety said he would take over the men's line around this time, and looking at the garbage he designed for men's Versus, it looks like he's taken the reins here, too.

Topman x Gucci

fucking kek
Hedi was all about 'safe' as fuck stuff what are you even talking about

May aswell just buy the old LV and Gucci embroidery shit instead of bothering with this

last season he had nothing to do with, it was like an interval period between the two, with hedi's team putting a twist on hedi's previous unreleased stuff, they had a theme which was like bordering gender neutral, all the male designs had female counterparts, and we had a mini showroom where all the guy and girl models wore the same outfit, i stopped working for them as soon as vaccarello started so this season must be him, i don't know much about it but i know who the new models are, just typically handsome men, almost boring, what i liked about hedi was that he didn't pick people on their looks but they were all interesting people

b. No, Zara & co always release copies after the original brands. Zara in particular can mass produce a brand new design in exactly two weeks, and that's exactly what they do and the reason of their success. All those sukajan jackets and embroidered (patches) stuff showed up back in march, briefly after Gucci released their collection. Those companies release garments after they're available from the high end stores they rip off from.

It's not just boring it's basic.
Why bother with embroidery if it looks like iron on hodge podge crap?
Imagining a full fit of this collection makes me want to use the word fedora in conjunction with gay.

if you are slp dude I'm confused I thought you hated most of hedis models. I remember reading some posts about them being all fake pretenders acting out cool stereotypes

well there's a lot of his models, you're right in that there's a lot, i'd even venture say maybe most of them are annoying as fuck, they are fake, there's also a lot of genuinely lovely people who are really interesting and nice, all the people have a lot in common though and i find it strange that hedi can read into people's personalities and picks the same personality traits in all the models, though there are some who get a taste for the model life and go over and above trying to personify the aesthetic to promote themselves, and i find that pathetic

Did Zara actually manage to rip-off Rick?

thats exactly what i said???

I like the moon shirt and sweater but the rest doesnt seem particularly striking.

not a huge fun of all the brand logos on everything
and even though the new logo seems to be minimal... its very much noticeable and out there
anyway, everythings very tame and safe
not really a fan of the new sneakers too

BORING

ayy dis gud

I assume you've been asked this a lot but would you mind to share some interesting behind the scene stories from when you worked for Hedi ?

wtf is this shit. I'm I shopping at abercrombie and fitch

they're going back to YSL branding on some items, interesting...

>tfw homos appropriated my favorite type of cap

what are the best places for budget SLP aesthetic?

Is it just me or does that bomber looks really fucking cheap?

>mfw international students will eat this shit up
>mfw they only buy for status and to flex not out of taste

>pay 3k for a leather jacket
>have the labels name plastered all over it which completely ruins the piece
Why anyone would ever consider to buy this dog shit jacket is beyond me.

theyre aiming towards the same demographic that would have been buying Gucci a couple years ago

>mfw im wearing SLP and some chink walks by wearing SLP-knockoff pleather shit from zara

every single day

to be honest there are so many times it's hard to think of one particular and describe it, i usually use interesting stories i have from ysl to describe or explain things about the decadence of the fashion world, also now that all of that is over i try not to dwell on it, i know some people who were there but now won't shut up about it, it's like they miss who they used to be when hedi was around to make them feel big. Hedi is a really nice guy, acts kind of like a father figure to quite a big family from all over the world, he had a great sense of humour too, and his interests in general were very intelligent and broad, i was brought to the 22 rue de l'universite campaign and spend the day in their salon there chatting with hedi about the architecture, he told me he had it restored to how it had conceivably been during the 17th century, also they had a beautiful garden which you can see in the campaign, they shared the garden with a nursery school, ysl obviously made it look amazing, but they also installed a shed and a place to grow things for the kids which i found very cute. when i was sitting on a bench there waiting a bird egg fell from a tree above me and splatted. lol.

oh also now i remember i have a funny story which involves me getting incredibly drunk (as i always did) at the after party, this particular time was at the girls fw 2015 show, i had been brought out because hedi wanted to use guys in the show too, but didn't have the time to fit us so we just saw the show and partied after. I didn't realise but hedi never moved the party from the show venue in girls parties, like he did with the boy parties, so i drunk sparingly expecting to be moved and then drink seriously, so when i found out there was no after party at a club, i started tripling up on drinks and got especially drunk, was talking to hedi explaining that i was so drunk because i thought we were going to a club, i made him promise me we would party at a club for the next g show

also at that particular after party i had recently founded the disco society at my university, so was effectively djing the music and was dancing with the ysl girls like grace hartzel, that was a great night because there were only 4 or 5 guy models there, i hardly remember anything though, i remember dancing with grace, then climbing the stairs of my hotel desperately needing a wee. next day my room mate woke me up because i was about to miss my train home, i had an awful feeling i had wet myself that night, i didn't check my jeans for proof, i just put them in my bag and washed them when i got home. I'll never know

I'd buy / wear these:

ysl.com/it/shop-product/uomo/abbigliamento-top-sportivi-heather-grey-saint-laurent-universite-sweatshirt_cod37978248lj.html

Depending on cut:
ysl.com/it/shop-product/uomo/abbigliamento-top-in-cachemire-black-ultrafine-cashmere-crewneck-sweater_cod37978235dw.html

That's about it unfortunately.

Disappointing :/

>ywn have life affirming conversations with hedi
>ywn learn to see beauty in the small things in life
>hedi will never walk you home when you're wasted and tuck you into bed

feels bad man

oh no, this fucking faggot is back

Just had a look at their sneakers, Christ what a mess

Hi :)

if it makes you feel any better hedi always respected the individual personalities and characteristics of his models, they were all different looking, or from different places, or had different personalities but they were all to some degree confident in themselves, and had a sense of knowing themselves, i think that's what he found attractive in all the people, i think what everyone see's as the ysl heroin chic aesthetic is actually hedi just cherry picking a group of similar people from all over and bundling them together, the message is not to be like them, but to be yourself like them

>hoobastank
KEK

That takes me back... to the early 2000s