How do you dress 80s core?

buy clothes that were made in the 80s

read fashion mags from the 80s and use them as inspo

make sure your jackets/coats give you a wide-shoulered silhouette

do NOT use contemporary shit as inspo.
do NOT wear excessively skinny pants
do NOT show your ankles
do NOT wear overdesigned sneakers

and very importantly: GIVE YOUR HAIR SOME VOLUME AND TEXTURE even if you're a dude. Get that feathered texture.

Also: work out. 80s fashion wasn't made for skinny twerps.

If you are a skinny twerp and can't do anything about it, try to look glamorous as fuck without looking weak.

Avoid having a bad posture, unless you're trying to look like a mutant hobo from a John Carpenter film.

Always have David Bowie in the back of your mind.

In the early 80s everyone tried to look like Bowie.

Be strong
Be romantic
Be self-assured

Have an angular silhouette

do not be afraid of color

do not be afraid of bolder materials like leather, denim and even spandex if you're a chick.

Accessorize

if you're female, wear very visible jewelry that's simple in shape but large in size.

GIVE YOUR HAIR SOME TEXTURE

I already said it but it bears repeating.

also

STRONK SILHOUETTE, angular shapes

do not forget.

Forever Young > Afternoons in Utopia

how do i into hetfieldcore?

This is an actual faggot. Ignore entirely.

In the eighties virtually everyone tried to dress preppy. Look at old photos of Donald Trump, and that was at least 90% of the populace.

t. absolute retard

Trump dressed like a middle aged yuppie. Except actual yuppies dressed better than him.

> In the early 80s
When Veeky Forums says 80s it usually means 1988-1992
Early 80s were as hideous as the 70s

even in 88-92, Bowi's aesthetics still had an impact on fashion.

>This is an actual faggot.
Think again, cuntface.
>virtually everyone
>donald trump
>preppy
oh yeah right cause jeans and popped collars are preppy as fuck.
You sound like a mallgoth slut from the mid-2000s.

you just fucking dress like him

w2c hi-cut gf?

die

hair-wise this is more seventies

but the clothes are somewhat appropriate

this was taken in the 80s

you don't just get to decide what's 80s and whats not

autism, you know what he meant. they're laggards and I'm not even sure the point of posting that. its like if someone asked for 2016 inspo and you posted the worst fuccboi fits you could find on tumblr.

t. person who didn't even exist in the 1980s

it was incredibly common for people to dress like this. believe it or not not everyone had a mullet or wore fluorescent leg warmers

I was born in 88, and yes, you are autistic. Everybody knows that the majority of people in any era dressed like shit, we don't need your old bitter ass coming in this thread trying to prove "look! this is how people REALLY dressed!"

imagine if 15 or 20 years from now your child asked
>Dad what was technology like in 2017?
and you showed them a picture of your grandpa using a nokia cell phone from the 90s.
>hurr durr this picture was taken in 2017, you don't get to decide what's 2017 technology and what's not!!1

you're nearly 30. christ.

anyway, trends didn't work the way they do now. unless you were wearing bell bottoms or another blatantly obvious earlier fad, there were no such things as "laggards". it's evident that you have some sort of set-in-stone idea of what the 80s looked like, but there was still a huge amount of variance. literally watch any early-mid 80s movie, you will see exactly what's been posted, because it's appropriate for its time period. dumbass.

anyway the point is that the pic you posted isn't particularly representative of 80s fashion.

This is more like it

>you're nearly 30.
kek, I assumed you were older than me and one of those oldfags who lived through the 80s and invariably despises everything related to 80s fashion

anyway, it doesn't matter if its appropriate for its time period, dumbass, because it could have been taken in 1975 and barely anything would be different. its implied that by "80s fashion" it means trends unique to that decade and actual fashion, not just bumfuck family photo from bumfuck nowhere.

gud jerb, now he's gonna disagree with you just because you worded it in a rude way.

Watch john hughes movies

Don't listen to this faggot

Judging from his pic, OP wants to look like he's from a new wave music vid. Not like he's your average sweater-wearing comfycore uni fuccboi.

Best inspo comes from early Seinfeld and late Columbo.