All right, I don't know a lot about fashion so help me out here

All right, I don't know a lot about fashion so help me out here.
can someone explain yung leans look to me?

I get he had a phase where he was really into the 2003-2005 years.
And I understand vaporware has some obsession with "aesthetics" although it's to vague to really describe and describing it somewhat robs it of whatever mystique they're going for.

But this can't be how the japs were dressing back then, does this stuff work because it's fashionable or does it work because it's yung lean wearing them and his clothes fit his personality.

Is yung lean emulating someone else?
Does it even look good on anyone else besides him?

I think he is imitating the gopniki Russians that will inevitably take over Sweden.

>gopniki Russians
Don't they almost exclusively wear Adidas though?
I think you're onto something though in a lot of his older work it feels like he's trying to catch some of the Slavic out of place feeling.

But then he'll just wear stuff like this and that's his thing and he doesn't really seem to get criticized for it.

I didn't want to say this because I could just be a fucking idoit who doesn't get how fashionable it really is, but does he dress like shit ironically and then not dress like shit unironically later.

I mean when you compare him to another musician like prince it could be I'm just really fucking behind and really what yung lean is doing is very clever. but
i just cant tell if it's bullshit or not

I think he's just being himself- that's what he's always said in his interviews. I think his songs where he raps (AF1s, LV dufflebags, etc) is just part of his rapper persona. Since he's gotten rich he dresses like the other faggit rappers.
But he used to rock Dttk, EA7, BBC and at least one Burberry accessory. It's kinda hodgepodge.

user if you don't get it it's really not a big deal
yung leans fuccboi thing is just a hiphop offshoot of the slighty larger 90s style anime vaporwave aesthetic micro-scene shit

its fun to follow but its kind of? over and its not a big deal if you missed it

witchhouse
seapunk
vaporwave etc

it works because people liked and related to his music and the whole SADBOYS thing for having an ironic way to express feelings of being depressed etc, he did it and pulled it off so people liked it enough to do it for awhile so it became a thing, there's not really any special explanation or philosophy to it its just a uniform for a subculture

I think I get you, maybe I'm thinking to deeply about this whole thing then, shame money made him change I really did find it interesting and wondered if lean had something else going on in his head that only he really got.

No one In my area was ever into yung lean so yeah I missed it,I only really even know about him due to the whole urban outfitters debacle pic related. I guess I'm just surprised it got as big as it did even if i came after the fact and looking at the dress sense i was out of my depth, but you've explained it pretty clearly for me.

Thanks guys.

he dropped a new album last month. it's pretty good desu.

but frost god is his worst album

It is bad
seconded, Head2Toe was the only good song

They ratted his fucking design his own fucking design they should kill themselves

I always saw Yung Lean as more of a Chav than a Gop, what with his Polo and Nike instead of Adidas and Mockba.

i liked sailor moon and henny

Crystal City was pretty good

As I understand it - he's playing off 90s-00s normcore white boy aesthetics/style/colors. It's sort of retro to that time and also related to his identity as a hokey lame-but-cool white kid trying to get into the rap game. His fashion is related to his PR and rap image / career but others can pull it off no biggie

from his fader interview "Lean found himself slipping into characters that were hard to shake. He started dressing like a nurse, in hospital scrubs. He began to carry a knife." he's onto something else

thats what his miami ultras video is about

Aleksandr Dugin pls go

Yung Leandoer was born in Belarus so that probably has something to do with his Slavish tilt.

Fucking hate this guy. He looks like a literal baby, and I want to break his fat, pale, ugly hands by smashing the bones with s hammer. I will then suckerpunch this ugly, greasy-looking motherfucker. All he sees when he is conscious again is me fucking his hemroid-ridden ass raw. The first time I cum I will impregnate him, and he will have to raise my children. Looking at their faces, he will always feel insecure and humiliated because they remind him of the man who fucked his ass until the pimples on it popped. I will make sure that the children realize what a pathetic fag he is and cum all over his face every morning. And he just bas to take it because of the babyface-looking little bitch he is. The second time I cum, I'd stain his retarded clothes. He will pay for every person that follows his retarded sadboy trend. He will get one cum stain for each fanboy.

lean looks better than 99% of Veeky Forums

edgy

People think someone famous looks better than 'common' people because they have hard time separating fame and their fanboyism from reality

Bladee is the real beauty we should be talking about desu.

I agree, bladee is without doubt gods finest creation

He looks absolutely nothing like gopniks.

absolutely

he is also the superior rapper