Do you like Hispanic culture? Why or why not?

Do you like Hispanic culture? Why or why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x2mjbom_what-a-punishment-of-girl-infront-of-boys_fun
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_Burgundy#History
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_Burgundy#Histor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm of Ecuadorian and Spanish descent. My Spanish side of the family which I grew up with is largely Americanized, so not much in the way of culture there.

My Ecuadorian side of the family, who I've had limited interaction with, are still steeped in tradition and culture. Truth be told, I don't care for it. Just was never particularly interesting to me. The food can be pretty good, though.

>those horribly wrong flags

Jesus. Do you even /int/?

I do.
Because I'm Madrilean and my very city is a unmovable demonstration of Hispanic history.
The only thing that gets my blood boiling is the current day flag, it's fucking atrocious. We need the borgoñesa.

Or better yet this.

This one is even uglier.

Theres is no "hispanic culture"

Sure better than barbed wire flag tho.

Fucking republican GTFO of my board

Don't even compare. The borgoñesa is beautiful.
There are common values and ways of seeing art. Particular creation may and will vary, but Hispanic cultures are all similar enough to be put under the same term.

fuck off to

>Hispanic cultures are all similar enough
In what sense? We just have language and religion in common.

It looks like St. Patrick's saltire after listening to Linkin Park.

>In what sense? We just have language and religion in common.
Our literature is the same.
Our architecture is based on Spanish architecture.
Our music, while different, has the same flavour.
Our very way of been is similar, you are less autistic than us, but we are still pretty non-autistic.
The core of the culture that come from the old Empire are the same, we shared values and important figures for several centuries, it's bound to happen. Our culture is more similar to Central/South-America than Europe.
>St. Patrick's saltire
Because that flag is based on the Cruz de San Andrés, which is the one the Cruz de Borgoña is based on. And no, it doesn't look edgy, it looks beautiful. You want an edgy flag? Get that republican flag that is based on an Armada flag.

Not only is it edgy looking it's not even Spanish.

Literally a French flag.

explain to me what this is
dailymotion.com/video/x2mjbom_what-a-punishment-of-girl-infront-of-boys_fun

>Not only is it edgy looking it's not even Spanish.
>Literally a French flag.
t. I don't fucking know what I'm talking about
It's called the Cruz de Borgoña as a relic of the old Borgoña dynasty of Castilla, nothing more. It was made by the Spanish Tercios, for Spain. It is not French. God damn it. Fucking Googling isn't that difficult.
And again, it's not edgy, I repeat, the republican flag is the edgy one.
>"Let's base our Republican flag in an armada flag of the Spanish Monarchy, that'll get those royalists mad!"

>If I refer to it in Spanish even when speaking English that'll make it less foreign
Yeah, nah.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_Burgundy#History

It was being used in France like 100 years before it was in Spain.

>And again, it's not edgy, I repeat, the republican flag is the edgy one.
Not only does it look like barbed wire, dude. But the people who jack off to it are generally nationalist edgemasters.

Llego el peruANO
But in all seriousness Peruvian culture is the best example of European culture mixing with Andean mixing a little with African. Even though everyone there is little and brown.
If you want some examples of peruvian culture, look up Huayno, which is a native dance where the couple uses handkerchiefs as props (this is common in many Andean dances) and jump around and stamp their feet quickly to the music. A much more elegant and European dance is the Marinera Limeña, where handkerchiefs are also used but it is slower and more romantic.
As for music, peruvian music uses native instruments such as flutes and panpipes but also more European inspired instruments such as the viola and the charango, a type of guitar sort of like the ukelele.
>inb4 someone posts the "EL PERUANO DURANTE SU NIÑEZ..." shit

You dont know what edgy means?

There's no hispanic culture, a language is not a culture. We could talk about hispanic cultures, in plural, because of course they share history and language. But an argentinian shares more with an italian than with a colombian. A spaniard shares more with a portuguese than with a mexican.

No por dios

ES OBLIGADO A ORDEÑAR
CABRAS..VACAS... LIMPIAR ESTABLOS
``EL PERUANO ``SIEMBRA`` PAPAS. CEBOLLAS`` Y HACE TRABAJOS
AGRARIOS!!

>Yeah, nah.
I refer to it in Spanish because that's how I've called it all my life.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_Burgundy#Histor
>It was being used in France like 100 years before it was in Spain.
Wrong again. you are confusing pic related to the Spanish flag; both have the same meaning, but the Spanish borgoñesa was made by the Spanish Tercios. Also, pic related is the very coat of arms of the man that your link shows.
You are mistaking a type of simbol and it's meaning with a flag. If you are going to say the flag "is French" then you'd have to say that the Spanish flag is actually the flag of the Spanish Netherlands.
By your very way of thinking that "meaning=flag" the Fleur de Lis aren't French because they were used before France in a primitive form and with different meaning.
If you want to say that one of Spain's icons isn't Spanish and shouldn't be Spanish, refer to the Eagles that were imposed by the nobles, not to the flags chosen by the people themselves.
>Not only does it look like barbed wire, dude.
It doesn't.
>But the people who jack off to it
"If you like the borgoñesa better than the Rpublican flag that must mean you adore it" t. StarwMan Mcstraws.
>are generally nationalist edgemasters.
Oh, so you've seen so many people bearing the borgoñesa that you can sit comfortable with that statement? Because that's just like saying that people who like the republicana are generally communists.
Oh, and you seem to forget that the very Christian kingdoms of northern Spain, the ones that made Spain, have their roots in France, making this icons theirs.

>Our literature is the same.
That is linguistically,alredy mentioned that
>Our architecture is based on Spanish architecture.
Mostly. Colonial architecture is quite different in some aspects,usually more colorful
>Our music, while different, has the same flavour.
Not really. Here in Spain there are lots of celtic groups and such,and the similarities,come again fron language
>Our very way of been is similar, you are less autistic than us, but we are still pretty non-autistic.
I didnt understand this
>The core of the culture that come from the old Empire are the same, we shared values and important figures for several centuries, it's bound to happen. Our culture is more similar to Central/South-America than Europe.
The Netherlands and Naples also shared the same leaders as us,that doesnt mean that we are cukturally close.

Some aspects are ok. But I wish more of our indigenous culture survived.

>You dont know what edgy means?
I do, that's why I see the republican flag much more edgier. It was based on the armada of one of the monarchies of the country it was trying to rid of monarchic imagery. How is that not edgier than adding points to a Cross of Saint Andres to make it visually distinct from the English flag to people of that time?
I don't really consider any of them edgy, but If I have to chose the "edgier" one, the republican one has edgy marked all over it's meaning.

Venezuelan here

If by culture you mean traditional food, music and other customs, yeah i love it

I am unable to get what are you trying to say.

>That is linguistically,alredy mentioned that
Yes, and that is a culture similarity.
>Mostly. Colonial architecture is quite different in some aspects,usually more colorful
Exactly, mostly, as in "mostly similar", which what I'm saying.
>Not really. Here in Spain there are lots of celtic groups and such,and the similarities,come again fron language
Yes, and in the Américas thereis native music, that doesn't mean that there are branches of music that are similar in Spain and the rest of the Spanish-speaking world.
>I didnt understand this
I thought you were South-american. They are usually more outspoken and sociable that us, Spaniards, but we very similar in terms of socializing.
>The Netherlands and Naples also shared the same leaders as us,that doesnt mean that we are cukturally close.
Yes, but they straight up kicked everything Spanish out, never integrated and were never colonized. There's no way to put Méjico or Colombia in the same page of similarities to Spain as the Netherlands.

>I am unable to get what are you trying to say.
Then I don't know how to explain it. The pointy bits of the Cruz de Borgoña were added just to make it visually different to the English flag. And even still, the flag was changed into the current day one because sailors of the time could not tell them apart.
I don't see how making visual changes for the better differentiation of 2 flags can be "edgier" that taking an icon of a monarchy you are trying to defeat. And the republican flag is based on the bicolor; the current day one.

>Yes, but they straight up kicked everything Spanish out
Naples didnt

that whould be nice if not for the ugly purple and all the dirty commies who stole it for themselves

Yeah and the food is great. Pure fusion.

Ecuadorian here,

Food and music is pretty top tier mang. We might been confused as filipinos for some reason. Sierra up

>Naples didnt
I don't know about Naples. But I don't call it Hispanic either.

wena chamo

Tbh I don't think I'm a big fan

pic related

Purple is the best part imo.

Not enough flags have purple despite it being the objective best colour.

Native customs. We must respect it, they're a different less advanced culture.

Keked. But is usually the other way around

This is one is better desu :^)

>Spanish
>Anarchist
>Syndicate

It's iberian anarchist federation senpai

I does look nice. Though I feel you are posting ironically.

I like hispanic girls. They appeal to my exotic shit.
Go kill priests somewhere else.

No, they b sub-civilitzated, like arabs, blackers, o whatbody any culture that b predominate 4 animals.

nice history thread, fagget

or

"durante su niñez..."

Colombian here.

I think our culture is pretty crappy compared to the ones in Europe and Asian. We're too basic and childlike

There's no such thing as "hispanic culture".

I'm a Spaniard and I feel no sympathy for the monkeys on the other side of the ocean.

I will choose as my brothers any European, any day. Falklands for the U.K.
Fuck you Argentina.

Argentina is literally white.

but but memes user

The remake of that flag is even better

There is no "anglo culture"

Jeez man which spic robbed you?

THE TERM "HISPANIC CULTURE" IMPLIES A UNITED CULTURAL WHOLE; THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "HISPANIC CULTURE".