Watch General: Winter Edition

Any and all things watch related post here.
Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

jomashop.com/rolex-watch-114060.html
amazon.com/Junghans-CHRONOSCOPE-Automatic-Chronograph-4600-00/dp/B0015G0B0C
articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-570003506-rolex-submariner-con-fechador-_JM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cop or not

Getting the hand wind at some point.

It's $10

gonna cop this

Then why not, but I wouldn't expect it to last long.

It's lasted since the 1970s

2016 was a good year for business so i decided to get a submariner for the memes.

Whats Veeky Forums thoughts on blasting thousands on memes? :^)

Nothing in particular considering that these don't cost much.
Try going for the real luxury of PP.

>8k for a watch
>these don't cost much

give it up user

you tried to a shitty little brag
>hurr durr im so rich i can spend money on a Rolex FOR DA MEMEZ lul!

and got completely shut down.

8k is pocket change. no one is impressed. this is an anime board. fuck off to reddit if you want validation

Sorry to pop your bubble but yes, it's not much for anyone with a job.
8k seems to be worth a lot to you which is a shame - your Rolex isn't even nice.

v nice

DESU I prefer thinner watches during winter. Bulky watches get a bit uncomfortable with all my long sleeve layers pushing them into my wrist (shirts, sweaters, jackets, etc.)

>YEAR TWOTHOUSAND TWENTY.
>WEARING WATCHES.

That is why I am mostly wearing my casio this season.

Nope. You're too late.

2016 was so good you decided to spend +/- $300 on a fake to brag on an internet forum... well done.

It's cold out there

Very nice user. Stay warm.

Could someone do me a favor and try to get a pic of a digital Casio's light function? Go to a dark room, turn on the light on the watch, and take a pic?

The only internet pics i can find prove the light is useless, but the illuminator function on other models is decent, but adds $5 to a super cheap watch.

Get an illuminator then.

The other option is a dinky green light on the side. Which this model has.

It works okay enough. It's nothing brilliant like Timex's Indiglo, but it illuminates the screen enough for you to read it.

Yeh, I'm upset about Timex's build quality because it ticks loud and the second hand on the Waterbury I got stops in between each index. But that indiglo is phenomenal.

Why don't you go to a store and try it out for yourself? A picture won't really be able to tell you much.

I don't have any casio or timex stores near me.

They're cheap enough to be included in regular stores that sell watches.

But, illuminator eats some contrast. Those with little green bulb have perfectly crisp display, while illuminators more on the gray side.

I've seen Rolex Submariners quoted as costing $230,000 so how can they also cost $8k?

explain it to me as if I were a 5 year old.

Maybe a vintage one with a precious metal such as gold or platinum, but not a regular steel sub.
jomashop.com/rolex-watch-114060.html

id?

When you look at display of Casio with green bulb light, you see clear almost white background with crisp, almost black digits. Casio illuminator's display background is more gray (darker), digits also more gray (lighter). Illuminator looks way better in the dark though (still green bulb also works). It's up to what's more important for you, perfect visibility in darkness and less perfect in light or vise versa.
Sorry for crappy English, I'm Russian.

C60 Trident.

>Paying thousands of dollars for a device that sits on your wrists and tells you the time (with less degree of accuracy than a smart phone)

I guess it's true that a fool and his money are soon parted.

A couple hundred dollars is fine, but watches costing thousands of dollars are simply not worth thousands of dollars for what you get, no matter how many swiss men ejaculated over it.

>pleb rant
So, everything ok with those welfare bills?

The same you can say about designer clothes and mostly of things that you can buy, there's always a cheaper alternative.So I don't get what you are doing on Veeky Forums...

>spending thousands on a dead investment means you're not poor

You are literally the goodest goyim who has fallen for every bit of marketing. This is the exact mentality of wageslaves who live paycheck to paycheck who fritter their money on retarded shit

Wow gay

So on /r/watches in their very own FAQ they admit that a $10 Casio with a quartz movement is more accurate than a $10,000 rolex.

So what is the point of non quartz movements?

id and w2c?

55 dollar nike air monarchs are more comfortable than 500 dollar cp achilles whats the point

maybe SKX007

>So what is the point of non quartz movements?
It's the equivalent of wearing a fedora on your wrist.

lol go kys

Skx007
I bought it 2nd hand mint condition but you can find it cheap on creationwatches or something

Its nice to own an automatic watch
Like how car fags like manual because muh racing

what strap do you use? post your strap bby

What's the cheapest watch that comes with a distress signal?

how much did you pay?

The bracelet it comes with
I have a bond nato but I cant remove the springbars with my shitty tool

w2c the seiko?

>tfw the max bill chrono is on massdrop
>tfw don't want to buy one because disgusting acrylic crystal

why the fuck aren't junghans making them with sapphire crystals ffs.
nearly perfect watch and then they fuck it all up with shitty acrylic.

lol didn't mean to quote. Sorry.

That's the meaning of fashion lol. What are you even doing on this board then?

What shirt is that?

For this analogy to be accurate manual would have to make a car worse not better

Nokia 3210

better mpg with automatic. people just like manual because it's more fun for them which is fine

>better mpg with automatic

Automatics frequently have less gears than manuals. How it this possible?

My car has 6 manual gears and the auto version only came with 5. If I could only cruise in 5th I'd be using way more fuel.

Automatics are way better nowadays
Way better shift times you dont fuck up the clutch and have to replace it muh paddle shifters

160 euros but I knew it was perfect and so far it has gained very little
like around 2 minutes for 2+ weeks but I feel like my calculations are off

What's the best brand for Nato straps? Preferable something I can order from amazon.

Automatics are designed to shift as early as possible and stay in the low end to save the most fuel.

Rakuten or Yahoo.jp

If I want to buy a good watch before I start my first job, and would have about ~$2500 to spend, what would you guys recommend to get that's minimalist but also respected?

Never bought a watch for over $100 before

If you think 2500 still isn't enough for a 'good' watch then I won't waste the money but I figured I'd ask

M A X B I L L
amazon.com/Junghans-CHRONOSCOPE-Automatic-Chronograph-4600-00/dp/B0015G0B0C

>start first job
>spend $2500 on a watch
how about you dont start a first job then?
I could live for like 6 months with that much money

[spoiler]sold out[/spoiler]

Nomos.
Everyone has a maxbill, go for something different.

max bill
everyone has a nomos, go for something different

thanks, I'll look into this and other junghans watches

I'd be using money from a signing bonus and consider this to be an investment, obviously I'd rather not spend 2500 but that'd be the max price range

Quartz movements are generally more idiot proof to manufacture, however to be certified as a chronograph (accurate time keeping to +/- 1 second per month i think) it must be a mechanical movement, its VERY rare to have a quartz movement be certified to that degree of accuracy.

However, to be certified as a chronograph and swiss made movement and all that is just cool to the people who know and care about that sort of thing.

People like the automatics, and complex movements simply for the craftsmanship that goes into them. Why get a manual gearbox on a car when a paddle shifter can shift gears faster than any human ever has. Why get any clock when your phone tells the time. Why do things the old way when something new and digital is here? Someone likes it.

ugly watch. should be embarrassed

it's not an investment. it's not gonna get you back any money. seriously though, save your money.

do what said

please stick to clothing

>Tested my cheap shitty Vostok's accuracy over 24 hours.
>4 seconds slow after 24 hours
>This is acceptable standards for a Rolex.

Last time I checked they are indeed worth the thousands of dollars that are spent when I can resell for a comparable price. Fine jewelry is an asset and if one can afford a luxury item, who are you to tell them they any less for being able to do so?

If you can't afford an expensive watch and you're buying one anyway then you can insult that person for being a fool, but otherwise you're just being an edgy contrarian.

Also (reddit spacing)

>Fine jewelry is an asset

>Instantly loses 50% of it's value the first time it's worn.

I see where you're coming from, and think you're right. Which makes me think, is there any kind of 'guide' or 'index' (probably poor choice of words) for how much someone should spend on a watch without looking like they're over-reaching?

It's not like I'm a collector or have the money for a Rolex, and it's not like I'm surrounded by people who care about how expensive/reputable a watch is at the moment. If that changes maybe I'll go back to looking.

Veeky Forums is not my board. You're missing the point though.

The point is that you're mistaking a chronograph for a chronometer and pulling numbers out of your ass for the COSC certification criteria.

cop or not?

articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-570003506-rolex-submariner-con-fechador-_JM

Well whatever, the actual numbers don't matter because the original question didn't ask about the numbers. The premise still stands.

DESU I think it's fine to ball out on a nice watch but I think you should wait till you've worked for a little bit and saved up some money. :)

>>This is acceptable standards for a Rolex.

Rolex has an standard of +/-2 seconds a day.

I'm having a hard time deciding between the Max Bill Automatic and the Nomos Orion.

I think the Max Bill looks nicer but I've read that the crystal scratches easily whereas the Nomos is sapphire and would be much better in that regard.

>buy a dress watch
>be afraid of scratching it
dude lmao its a dress watch not a workhorse

How does one date a pic related? Inherited it from my dad who probably bought it during the late 70's after his service. I never thought I'd wear something that's worth 4 grands on my wrist but it's a nice watch.

Is there a cheap version of this?

basically anything:
-rectangular
-leather strap
-roman numerals, or no numbers

>spend hundreds / thousands of dollars on a watch
>not care if it gets scratched in a couple weeks

Go on Rolex forums and you can see them talking about 4 second delays like it's normal.

Looking for a cheap watch, how are old Soviet watches from eBay? I like their worn vintage aesthetic and figure that if I'm gonna wear a watch, I'd rather not care (or at least care less) about it getting scratched or damaged. Currently I'm really liking this one in the pic, about $15+$10 shipping and apparently recently serviced or maintained or whatever.

$1,000 and I'll mail you mine.

That Nomos looks hideous.

I really really like it, what's the model? For this price, I wouldn't hesitate