Adidas

is adidas the hottest thing at the moment?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pvLelz_uRHU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah, but those shoes suck.

fuckin hate this sole

Really? I think its one of adidas better recent sneakers desu

is it a meme to hate on adidas

>rice cake soles

when will this meme end

Until they stop selling.

Have these released or are they scheduled for later in 2017?

Is it too late to jump on the Ultra Boost train? I originally really didn't like these shoes but they are steadily growing on me, especially some of the darker colorways that are being released.

I'm still not quite sold on the soles though. I love the Primeknit uppers but I think I would prefer a more traditional sole.

How durable are the boost soles anyway? Do the fall apart quickly with regular wear?

adidas is going to push EQT this time around

youtube.com/watch?v=pvLelz_uRHU

it was in 2016

is there where they got their inspiration

Ultra boosts are still the comfiest out there and the hype means they are not overdone yet

I've never tried a pair on before. Can you go into a bit more detail on what makes them comfy? Is it the cushioning of the soles, how about the Primeknit upper?

And what about durability?

not him

so the sole is super squishy, it's great. very unique cushion. however, it might hurt your legs and feet because it's going to rest loads on different muscles due to how much compression it allows, and the energy return on it. all in all, the step-in comfort is off the charts, but i wouldn't wear them all day long if you're constantly on your feet. if you get to sit most of the time, they're perfect cushion. literally doesn't get any better for that.

running wise, they add a huge amount of "pop" to your stride. energy return is bonkers, barely need to exert any effort to run.

the prime knit is great, but it does get very hot in the summer on the 2.0's. i bet the new ones are the same way, they don't look super breathable. but i don't have a pair of 3.0s yet so that's mostly speculation. but overheating was a genuine issue for me

the cage kind of ruins the comfort, i have a pair that i uncaged and the comfort is 10/10. with the cage, it chokes out my foot. but if you have a narrow foot, you're good. if you have wide feet, pass or uncage them.

durability: primeknit is great, above average durability. the boost is insanely durable, feels exactly the same every time. i've worn completely through an outsole on a pair and the boost is still in great shape (except where it started to make contact with the ground due to no outsole)

the outsole is where the durability fails, and fails huge. but if you're wearing them casually, the durability will be fine.

all in all, they're a great shoe and very comfy and look pretty good, but hypebeasts ruined the market on them. also they're a little bit fuccboi tier

i have a few pairs, i don't regret buying any of them. the outsole durability is an issue, you're not going to get 6 months of daily wear out of them most likely (if you do any amount of walking on a daily basis)

Thanks for the helpful info.

To give you some perspective on my use case, I mostly wear Red Wings to work and I run 10-15 miles per week on a rubber track wearing zero drop racing flats so I think my feet are pretty strong. It sounds like I will probably find Boosts very comfortable.

I'd probably wear the Boosts casually or as a change of shoes when I'm not welding.

I'm somewhat surprised heat is an issue, I would have assumed the Primeknit was pretty breathable.

>uncage them
What do you mean by this?

Also, this might be really pleb tier but can you resole the outsole at all?

Thanks again for the info.

When someone else makes a sole that is more comfortable

Not him but uncaging is removing the plastic cage that holds the laces

And yes but you need to match them with the exact same size

Scheduled for release

posted wrong model

i doubt you can resole them, it's got a weird pattern that's soled on it. but they have a few other options with boost that have thicker outsoles if durability is a concern.

but if you have strong feet you're going to love them i think

yeah the primeknit looks breathable but it isn't (maybe it is on the newest version, it has a thinner weave of primeknit)