How did God go from a Jewish Jupiter ruling the land of Israel with an iron fist to a proto-hippie?

How did God go from a Jewish Jupiter ruling the land of Israel with an iron fist to a proto-hippie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R4v8yssXnIE
youtube.com/watch?v=6KV6PXSODgE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Jews get fucked over by the Romans, need to rationalize their way out of their despair
>along come dozens of radical preachers, one after another
>each one comes up with a new explanation, gains some followers, then dies
>finally one of them, guy named Jesus, gets his wacky ideas to stick
>wow, guess that Yahweh guy just wanted us all to love after all

but jesus is not god

>Jesus shows up
>LOOK AT ME I'M THE MESSIAH
>Pharisees: lol, you're not the messiah. You're not even anything like the messiah.
>Dies without anything Messiah-y happening.
>Ignorant Greek hipsters hear about it and convert without knowing anything about Jewish tradition.

That's how.

buddhism
grecobactria flourished thru out eurasia

and thus J be thrust upon urlust

You are right. Jesus is just a MAN, infected by GOD;S HOLY SPIRIT. This "Jesus is God' is just a mistake made up by the PAPISTS.

If you are a non-trinitarian then he is not.

Jesus is not God.
God has destroyed his creation once.
Jesus saves the convenant between God and Man by sacrificing himself to pay for the sins of mankind in an act of selfless love thus saving mankind from being wiped out again.

Your obviously a Buddhist cause you can't speak English.

ur obvosli anglo cuz u unenlited

>Your obviously a Buddhist
>Your obviously
>Your

>accuses other people of failing to speak English

>t. heretic

t. Papist cuck with Stockholm syndrome molested as a child

different authors

but they are writing about the same god, right?

t. cuckold sitting in the west jerking off to the fall of the west

Blame Zoroaster and the Buddha. They made God less insane/retarded.

So it's a result not of divine relevation, but influence by neighbors?

t. Jew

You really have to twist the scripture to make Jesus look even remotely like a messiah

This. Some of the "messianic prophecies" attributed to Jesus arn't even prophecies but poems or songs about some obscure Jewish event taken out of context.

Pretty much every prophecy he does "fufill" requires completly twisting the words of what those prophecies are supposed to fulfill.

Other stuff it was so obvious Jesus didn't do that they have to resort to "He'll do it when he gets back!"

why would an omnipotent being ie God need the sacrifice of someone ?
just why ?
can someone explain to me in words and logic and not bible phrases ?

ya buddha, zorothruster but
yall need 2 read up on Essenes

Orthodox Chrisitans and Muslims (who based much of their religion from Orthodox and Jewish dogma) see God as a Jupiter-like figure.

Catholics don't see him that way. They see God as a benevolent, paternal figure. I would suggest attending Orthodox Church when you get the time. The Bilblical God they worship is hardcore.

God was never a "Jupiter", he was either a Father disciplining his children or a Husband grieving over the infidelity of his whore wife.

Everyone gets a bit of divine revelation. The beliefs are refined until they make more sense.

>You are right. Jesus is just a MAN, infected by GOD;S HOLY SPIRIT. This "Jesus is God' is just a mistake made up by the PAPISTS.

Even Protestards that unironically shout "Papist Jesuit Assassin Horse of Bobby Ling" belive Jesus is God.

>2016

>Not being an Ayran Arian

>ISHYGDDT

Because they've been swallowing Papistical LIES for 5 centuries. But more and more of us are waking up to discover the TRUTH od the oriignal scripture. while you prepare for hell.

Because jesus is not god,i can't grasp how people can believe that god can be omnipotent and make a set of rules and then later sacrafices ''himself'' to nullify his old rules that he made and replace them 180 degrees different rule set more or less admitting that he made a mistake,all of what some would consider humiliation for some shitty race he created that is way below him.

Well, he had to take control of the pantheon first. Then he bumped them off, one by one (even his own wife). When he was finally the exclusive Jewish god, he proceeded on a bloody rampage that often targeted his own chosen people. I have to assume he got tired at some point and fucked off. Jesus then jacked his steez and inject passivism into it, and presumably big Y is still slumbering away.

youtube.com/watch?v=R4v8yssXnIE

filename

>TRUTH od the oriignal scripture
t. biblically illiterate

Oh, you mean the Bible put together by Papist fucks? Holy Scripture is not what some power-grubbing bishops put together in a council ordered by the Roman Emperor. The real scripture is the word of JESUS.

t. atheist shitposter role-playing as le protestant conspiracy theorist

If you call yourself Christian you should know that you're actually an apostate.

I'm not talking about the reliability of transmission, which is of course very good. But those original texts were all separate until they were put together by greedy bishops, and some of them are definitely accurate but others were obviously not (I mean the ORIGINALS, not the copies). I'm talking about the original words and teachings of Jesus, which only the HOLY SPIRIT delivers, the real Scriptures, GOD'S WORD.

I follow Jesus the Christ as my Lord, so no, I am not an apostate, I am fully Christian. You who follow the deeds of men poisoned by the devil are the apostates, who have thrown away the living God for some ancient scrolls.

You fell for pathetic conspiracy theories and you also reject His divinity, therefore you are not a Christian. You are an apostate.

>He said to them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am He you will die in your sins.”
John 8:23-24

You fell for pathetic materialistic priests and their lying words, put together under Rome and Satan. You are an apostate.

>John
Don't make me laugh. Do you also quote the Sophia Gospel and the Apocalypse of Adam?

Pray to God and to His Spirit for forgiveness.

Why did you delete, the repose the exact same post.

Why would I quote noncanonical Gnostic garbage? Is this bait?

>Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel. (which is a title meaning God with us)
Isaiah 7:14

First answer is the right one. The important part though is the bit where his message of peace and love gains traction with roman citizens.

But that's exactly what you're doing, by quoting the "Gospel" of John. This thing you quoted (You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world) is exactly the gnostic dualism between the spiritual and evil material worlds. Except it's >canonical only because the devil succeeded in planting his seeds among the early Papists.

I fully agree with what Isaiah has written, and so it came to be.

If god knows the fate of everything, why did he even bother creating Jesus?
Why did he let Jesus sacrifice himself?
Why did he accept jesus' sacrifice and not anyone else's?
Isn't jesus' sacrifice to forgive collective sin moot if we continued to sin right afterwards?
Why did god forgive collective and future sins and not before?

Stop the mental gymnastics, as for papacy, it is biblical.
youtube.com/watch?v=6KV6PXSODgE

>I fully agree with what Isaiah has written, and so it came to be.
You clearly don't since you deny Jesus Christ's divinity. You are an apostate.

>The papacy is biblical
>Even though Peter, the claimed first pope, massively disagreed with Paul's teachings.

Point out where in Isaiah 7:14 it so much as mentions Jesus being God. You're making shit up, and anyone can see it (God first of all). The actual Scriptures are very clear on the Messiah not being the same as God.

>as for papacy, it is biblical
It is "Biblical", because the Papists PUT TOGETHER THE BIBLE! Anyway Peter is not the Pope (that word is not anywhere even in the Bible they put together, even they couldn't find a text to throw in that supported that nonsense).

Is this all just bait? You were just a deceived Christian, but now you're suddenly a Papist pagan? What is this?

>shitposting this hard

>Point out where in Isaiah 7:14 it so much as mentions Jesus being God.
Can't you read one verse?

>that word is not anywhere even in the Bible
I kek everytime. I wish you realized how stupid you sound.

>Pagan
same

Read Matthew 16:18 and stop shitposting.

>Everything that contradicts my views is a shitpost
>I have such a short term memory I don't even remember the OP.

Fantastic.

>I'm shitposting b-but I'm not actually shitposting!

>If I shitpost in response to facts then I will make it look like everyone else is shitposting
Fantastic.

>Can't you read one verse?
I did. It said nothing about that. Here it is again for you:
>Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel. (which is a title meaning God With Us)
The Messiah's name means GOD WITH US. Not I AM GOD. Not GOD IS US. Not GOD IN ME. But GOD - WITH - US. And indeed when he preached God was with us, because His Holy Spirit entered us.

But you already see and know that. Deception never ends with you liars.

>If I keep shitposting while calling you a shitposter m-maybe I'll win the argument!

>infected by GOD;S HOLY SPIRIT
metal

NOT AN ARGUMENT

>Then Moses said to God, “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?” God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.

Exodus 3:13-15

>The Jews said to Him, “Now we know that you have a demon! Abraham died, as did the prophets, yet you say, ‘If anyone keeps my word, he will never taste death.’ Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? And the prophets died! Who do you make yourself out to be?”

>Jesus answered, “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say, ‘He is our God.’ But you have not known Him. I know Him. If I were to say that I do not know Him, I would be a liar like you, but I do know Him and I keep His word. Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad.”

>So the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” So they picked up stones to throw at Him, but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple.

John 8:52-59

>more quotes from our gnostic pagan friend "John"
No thanks, I'm Christian.

>more buzzwords from the biblically illiterate apostate conspiracy theorist who calls himself Christian

then why is god wiping them out in Revelations?

checkm8

>more buzzwords from the Pope-kowtowing gnostic-loving deceiver who calls himself Christian

Ladies and gentlemen, I present: Christfags!
See them insult each other over petty points of doctrine!
See them try to outdo each other in proving who is most loving by declaring each other non-Christians!
See them twist words around until you have no idea how they got from text A to interpretation B, and then claim there is no interpretation needed!
See massive walls of copypasta!
And the best part is: the show never ends!

>Christfags
The user I'm arguing with is an apostate.

>Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son. No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also. Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you too will abide in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that He made to us—eternal life.
1 John 2:22-25

>petty points of doctrine
Christ's divinity is not a "petty point of doctrine".
>biblical passages
>copypasta
Pick one.

Never reply to me again unless I ask you a question

Wow, 3/4 in one post. Not bad.

Immanuel = God is with us

Stop shitposting.

Oh look, the shitposting tripfaggot is back only without the trip this time!

Epik maymays bros.

Epik

MayMays

>I will restate exactly what the post I am quoting already said, because I can't be arsed to actually read

I like you, you are funny.

THIS ENTIRE THREAD IS ONE GIGANTIC SHITPOST

Nice shitpost.

You're the one who has to read. Start with these two beautiful passages I posted and then read the entire Holy Bible which your apostate self hates.

lol this thread
I used to think Islamic sectarianism was worse, nope, Christians just became less violent.

>Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.

>Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight. Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.

>Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Romans 12:9-21

What does the demonic islamic cult teach?

>"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them."
Qur'an 8:12

Okay? I don't get how that disproves what I said.

Fucking /rekt

>le ebil christians maymay

Exodus 35:2 - Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Yes.

Well, well, well, if it isn't the tripHOMOSEXUAL virmin himself, Aelian. How many sins have you committed today, you vile tripFAGGOT? Don't you know that you're already in hell, my homosexual pagan friend?

After all, if you've read the Book of Daniel and Revelations, you'd know that worshiping the Bible as a replacement of God Almighty is a SIN. Needless to say, you're going to hell as of now. You also defend the whore of Babylon, the Catholic Church of Kiddyfiddlers. I also heard from trustworthy sources that you yourself are a filthy pervert who engages routinely into sodomy. Right down to sex with dogs.

Now why don't you confess ALL YOUR SINS right here, right now, you filthy vile sinner, you son of the devil you. Aelian, I tell you as a someone who is saved to someone who is really a demon in disguise, TURN OR BURN, YOU FILTHY SINNER

>worshiping the Bible

You can't seem to stop quoting from it over and over again, like some DEMON ROBOT. Anyway, tell us your sins, Aelian, you vile sinning tripFAGGOT.

Don't you know that the Last Days are upon us, that soon God Almighty will judge you, especially you, for your cardinal sin of worshipibg a book instead of God Almighty himself? Why do you worship the Bible like a false god, Aeheathen? Are you some kind of HOMOSEXUAL who has a fetish for books? My sources tell me that you have a lot of creepy fetishes, and you can deny them on this filthy board, filly with sly demonic liars like yourself, or you can come clean, and worship the true God, you filthy demon in disguise you.

So come clean, stop being a demon in disguise, stop worshiping books as false gods, and stop your perverted sexual fantasies that you and I both know you have. OR RISK ETERNAL DAMNATION, YOU DEMONIC BOOKOSEXUAL

kek

I'm not sure about what you're trying to achieve with this shitposting but your role-playing is unconvincing my sad atheist friend, also:

>All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16-17

samefag

I also heard that you worship the phoney Shroud of Turin as a literal false god. Don't you know that God Almighty is now a Shroud? He's not a piece of cloth. He is very real, and so is his judgement for vile sinners like you who worship material goods over him.

Who knew. You're not only a tripHOMOSEXUAL, a vile BOOKOSEXUAL, but you're a perverted CLOTHOSEXUAL as well. Are you even able to stop turning everything into a sexual fetish? Were you molested by your Fagolic priests to have received all these perverted fantasies? Did you fag priest put his 'member of Christ' in your mouth? Why must you be such a HOMOSEXUAL, Aeliqueer? Why are you obsessed with books, shrouds, penises and probably dogs as well?

Don't you know that we live in the End of Days, and that God will soon judge a sexual crazed demon in disguise like you?

Shut your filthy, demonic mouth, you filthy, SEX OBSESSED heathen. Here you DEMONstrate my point. Like some kind of demonic robot, you quote from your Bible again, the book you have sexual fantasies over. You even accuse ME of being a perverted FAGGOT like you, whileshowing as clear as day that you worship the book as a false god. You bow down to it like the filthy heathen you are.

That very same Bible warns of PERVERTS like you, so when it's used by demons in disguise like you, we can't even rely on it anymore, we can only trust God Almighty to judge vile HOMOSEXUAL perverts like you to judge you and your filthy, sinful way.

SOON, MY FAGGOT DEMONIC FRIEND, SOON, YOU WILL BURN IN THE FIRES OF HELL

>it's an Ælian thread

Go get banned

No, it's a thread by and for demons in disguise, Aelian is their main cockring leader.

Here's a task for you, my FAGGOT friend. Try and construct a post WITHOUT usinga direct quote from the Bible, the book you have sexual fantasies over.

YOU CAN'T BECAUSE YOU'RE A DEMON IN DISGUISE WITH NO DIVINE INNATE KNOWLEDGE OF YOUR OWN.

Of course you constantly quote the Bible, without showing any Grace. Of course you accuse others of being a sinful demon like yourself. That's exactly what I would do if I were a demon in disguise and a tripFAGGOT who worships Satan.

Aelian, everything you've done so far DEMONstrates that you are in fact a minion of Satan. You worship a book over God Almighty himself, you accuse others of being the very HOMOSEXUAL you are, and you probably have many more SICK PERVERTED FAGGOT FANTASIES other than the Bible as a sexy male gigolo and the fake Shroud as the bedsheets to ejaculate in

REPENT, YOU FILTHY DEMON HOMO

See Also:

>All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Romans 3:23

>Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:20

>Here's a task for you, my FAGGOT friend. Try and construct a post WITHOUT usinga direct quote from the Bible, the book you have sexual fantasies over.

>YOU CAN'T BECAUSE YOU'RE A DEMON IN DISGUISE WITH NO DIVINE INNATE KNOWLEDGE OF YOUR OWN.

>Here's a task for you, my FAGGOT friend. Try and construct a post WITHOUT usinga direct quote from the Bible, the book you have sexual fantasies over.

>YOU CAN'T BECAUSE YOU'RE A DEMON IN DISGUISE WITH NO DIVINE INNATE KNOWLEDGE OF YOUR OWN.

There, my HOMOSEXUAL DEMON friend, I put it up three times, so that even a GAY demon like you can understand it, and so that the whole world can see what you really are. You are a demon in disguise. You are a homosexual. You worship Satan, books, and shrouds, when you should really be worshiping God Almighty. You've just cursed yourself to hell, again, you little demon, you little semen swallowing scumbag you

Shhhh, no tears, only dreams now.

He didn't rule Israel. The reason Israel had kings was because Israel wanted to be like all the other nations instead of being directly ruled by the Almighty. Moreover, God was very proto hippy in the old testament, there are more prophets talking about Gods mercy and love than there are prophets talking about his anger and hatred. The old testament Prophets repeatedly said that God requires justice for widows and orphans and mercy from Israel. But evil people in modern times focus solely on the wrath of God to paint a picture of him as being a cruel pagan-esque war god.

Except those times he commanded his people to commit genocide

There is no god in recorded history like God. Name a single God in any pagan religion who cares about widows, orphans and poor people. Name a God who concerns himself with love, charity, holiness, purity, mercy, justice and honor. Name a single God who does not require sacrifice but asks for humility, justice and mercy. This is repeated again and again throughout the Bible.

If you had a son, would you let other men molest him? Israel was Gods children. The people who inhabited Judea before the Israelites were evil people and they infected the land with their evil. God forbid Israel from interbreeding with their neighbours. We have archaeological evidence that these people committed human sacrifice to their own little kids. If you do that in many nations today you can get executed, but I'm sure you don't call that genocide, do you?

fuck you

>Name a single God who does not require sacrifice
Not Yahweh? Before Christ he took animal sacrifices and Christ himself was a sacrifice

Micah 6:7 Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousand rivers of olive oil? Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

1 Samuel 15:22 But Samuel replied: "Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams.

Hosea 6:6 For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.

different levels of thought development require different rules, jesus was preordained from the beginning when we were ready.
Why did your parents have different rules&expectactinos for you when you were 5 and when you were 16 and when you were 30?