Is it a good idea to get a legal name change if your first and/or last name is awful...

Is it a good idea to get a legal name change if your first and/or last name is awful? I'm a namelet and I want to maximize aesthetics.

Yes.

Thanks for makbig my day with the lol thread. To answer you question, only change your name if it is something absolutirsly disgusting like "whore" or "obsma"

ONE'S NAME, JUST AS ONE'S GENERATION INTO THIS WORLD, IS ENTIRELY SUBJECTED TO ONE'S PARENTS, THEREFORE, IF ONE'S PARENTS MADE A POOR DECISION IN NAMING ONE, ONE, AS AN INDIVIDUAL PERSON, IS JUSTIFIED TO CHANGE THAT NAME FOR ANOTHER ONE THAT ACTUALLY REFLECTS ONE'S PERSONALITY.

My last name sounds like a slang term for a homosexual when said aloud by most people

Is that bad enough senpai?

lmao

>abandoning the name your parents gave you
Literally only acceptable if your parents named you while drunk or they're meth heads or something.
If it's any name they carefully and deliberately planned to give you for a reason, it's ducked up to change it. Own who and what you are. Don't change that.

>Own who and what you are. Don't change that.

YOU ARE CONFLATING PERSONALITY WITH NAME; PERSONALITY, AND NAME, ARE NOT MUTUALLY EQUIVALENT, NOR MUTUALLY IDENTICAL, NOR DOES NAME DETERMINE PERSONALITY —IT MERELY INFORMS IT—, RATHER, PERSONALITY DETERMINES NAME.

this is such an idiotic comment it leads me to believe your best course of action is immediate suicide

Whats your name senpai

Pretty bad, could be a funny memorable thing but mostly a joke. The hard part is how do you change your name without being a try hard.

i think i am going to change my name to dieudonné anikulapo-kuti onwuatuegwu

Rec me some effay last names

What of yr the son of god

Haha check mate mexican intellectuals

bongboy

just say what your last name is you maniac

do you think we're going to track you down based on your last name?

>tfw your name is a masculine spanish name along the vein of Miguel, Ricardo, and Santiago

who else /donjuan/ here?

Juan Sebastian here my nigga

i feel like my name has very strong, rich implications that would be complemented best by vibrant colors like deep reds. a loud personality would fit nicely with my name desu but im too apathetic to get worked up over anything.

think i might have to don an open chest long sleeve shirt like pic related

>changing your clothes because of your name
this board never stops amazing me

>he doesn't change his clothing based upon his name

please leave Veeky Forums and never come back. thanks!

you clearly know nothing of fashion. come back when youre neither a pleb nor a namelet.

That's a lot of trouble just for the sake of being a faggot.

Douglas
Miller
Henries
Jensen
Clark
Anderson

>*tips fedora*
no one's name has anything to do with their personality this isn't my little pony retard

>t. Can't accept who he is

Last name "Young"

Is that masculine.

No, it's not. Now go back to playing Xbox before I tell those Ridge chucklefucks what you're doing here.

tell us your name already you fucking tease

I guess it's Gaylord, pretty common name.

You write as some kind of hive-mind artificial intelligence fella.

Fuck off dude, I hate the pretentious all-caps way you write. it doesnt make what you say interesting. rop trip

>abandoning your ancestors by changing surname as a man
>betraying your parents by changing your first name if it is normal/acceptable in your area
What's your name, OP?

what type of shirt is that lad wearing?

Your name is your brand, it should have meaning for you and your parents, your middle name should be significant and meaningful, a source of inspiration, and your surname is, if you're a guy, the name you aim to make world renown in honor of those who carried it before you. You better have good reason to change any part of your name except the last if you're a woman as you will enter the man's family tree and become a unit raising children who will be inspired to do great things if you show them the way and instill in them meaning and set them on a path to self-awareness and a life of achievement. This absolute individualistic thinking is depressing, the greatest source of disenfranchisement among men and women, being blind to your family (provided you had a good one), your ancestors, your race and ethnicity within said race, and the nation of which your people call home, is what gives you drive. Without it we are nothing but flesh and bone experiencing life through the senses, without purpose, for 100 years before fading into whatever comes next. Don't forget what brought you here, hundreds of thousands of years of your ancestors fighting and surviving until ensuring the next generation survived, you stand on your parents' shoulders as they stood on their parents' shoulders, the potential to reach towards even greater heights.