Boot general

couldn't find one in the catalog

anyone have experience with solovair boots?

From their size guide it seems I would need to size down, has anyone found this to be true?

this is the size chart.

i'm usually a UK 8, but i measured my feet to be 26.5cm, but I've only worn american brand shoes/boots and I've found those to be pretty alright (I'd wear a US 9)

No, where your normal size or your heel will be fucked

I just sent back a uk size 12 Solovair, too big.

I usually wear a 12.5-13 in athletic shoes, so I'm guessing a Uk 11 will be the best bet.

In any case, I think Solivair runs a little big.

i figured as much

i have slim feet so i think i might need to size down on derby style shoes

thanks for the reply, man

Have the Englanders in black, size 10. I'm a 9.5, got an insole and they're perfect. I love them so much, I'm def getting a pair of Englanders in oxblood next paycheck. Higher quality than any Doc's made in the last 20 years.

I bought a pair of boots, there where slightly expensive. They give me sores on my ankles. I can't change them for a pair in a bigger size. What the fuck do i do? On my first walk they where okay, but on the second and third i got bad sores on my heels. What do?

That's pretty much normal. Wear thick socks, wear the boots for like an hour or two at a time until they break in. As long as they aren't restricting bloodflow, you're good. They're a good quality leather, they'll stretch to your feet eventually and feel like sex.

I am really glad to hear this! Cheers

I kinda want to get some boots for earthier tones and was wondering opinions on these

Or these

Im an 11 in sambas, 9 in solovairs and DMs

Go for these op, slimmer profile and much more casual

cop or not?

Would you recommend docs for someone with a 9 and half foot? Also what other brands are there?

Where can I get some decent Chelsea boots? Price range arou d 300-700

wtc some decent leather boots in black that comes in wide sizes?

C/n? Only $80 on massdrop rn.

I perfer this one

Recently got Solovair 8 eye boots, they should come on Monday, my old old boots are size 9 and were starting to run slightly tight, went for size 10. As for experience with them, they're a great company, my father has 4 pairs all of which still function after 5 years

Alexander wang Kaleb, wide but not clown level

Post pics when you get them user

copped these recently

i like em
w2c?

Paul Smith, Loake, Grenson, Common Projects, Fairfax and Favor

Will do, if this thread lives

getting my first boots next paycheck. are doc martens worth the hype? was looking to get the 1460s. Anything better?

Depends on what you will wear with them and if you're getting MiE

dark denim. Would be ordering off amazon so idk if they sell em MIE

was never a fan of the stitching over the toe cap.

a very nice boot but that stitching is so unnecessary

imo, should be alright, but docs have a different reputation now compared to 60s - 80s, and yes, they do sell MiE, but people just usually go for solovair instead. britboot has a good selection of boots if you live in the uk

What do you guys think of Solovair's in red?

yuck

Clown tier

a stitched toe cap can look really nice (and comfortable) for some people as long as its not exaggerated, not a fan of it either but heard good things about the comfort of it on gripfast

Is it possible to find all-black leather Chelsea boots for ~$100-150 that don't suck?

They actually look good irl (but I prefer oxblood) when worn often, also toe cap is exaggerated on a lot of pics of tall boots making them look clownish

couldn't you also polish them for a bit more oxbloody look tho?

Dr Martens have lowered the price of their made in England '1460' Vintage boot this year (from £200 to £160) - while Solovair have bumped up their prices A LOT in the last year or so (the standard 8i boots has gone from £100 to £150 in the last year)...I have both at the old prices and now if I was gonna get one itd be the MiE Docs...better quality control and imo slightly nicer profile. The leather is still slightly nicer on the solovair (well, softer) but ive had qc issues with them (returns are painless enough ) though whereas Docs seem very consistent.

cop or not? are Chelsea boots kill?

Yes, skinheads used to do that by alternating black/cherry polish back when oxblood wasn't available

Personally avoid them, but they might look nice if they're not sand colour and you're a woman

what other lace-less boots should i look into?

Wot pants would look good with these

still rocking my mono 1460s (:
going on 3 years, still in really good shape considering the wear i put into them

lets see a pic of how theyre ageing

No clue, only lace-less shoes/boots I own are loafers

what should i get senpai

Depends on what you prioritise more, comfort/convenience or looks, generally up to you

c/n?

Where can I get a nice pair of winter/snow boots for women? Pref under $200

I got a pair. size up and get a shoe tree.

RM Williams

Where can I get some simple, smooth boots without the prominent sole that docs have, and without the band in the rear?

Pic related and are good

copped from ivan before they immediate sold out

w2c something similar? And Ivan? Can't find anything based on that. Reverse img search ain't working either.

austrian paratrooper boots, I bought them on Kommando store that's what I meant by Ivan cant help with something similar but Kommando store will prolly restock soon

ivan is russian iPhone autocorrect for ebay

fuck do they really fold up like that or is this guy using a larger size?

I think it's cause his foot is arched you could google austrian paratrooper boots though to see others wearing them tho if you wanna be sure

>tfw you live in Austria
>tfw the surp store next door has them in spades

Feels fucking great tbqh famalam

also theyre pre-used so how your boots look will depend ont he wear pattern of the austrian paratrooper who wore them

lots of boots and no Jews at all

Rec me something

I look like this

are yoiu serious

Yes, but don't call me Serious

a noose

redo your wardrobe,,.

w2c

>Not supporting your local cordwainer

where would I even begin too look for my local cordwainer?
What is a cordwainer?

I really really like these memeboots

How did you size these? I know my brannock size so can that help? Could you tell me the outsole length for the size you have?

meant for :

Bump + more opinions

Why not go full dad-core/practical-core with Keen Growlers?

Ann D Black Lace Corset Vitello boots from a reverse image search.

regular jeans IMO

i've never worn boots in my life but i've been wanting to get a pair like these
how do you were them with jeans? do you cuff all the way to the top or do you just stufff the jeans inside the boots? do i have to taper them exactly for the boot?
any inspo for them?

tommy hilfiger

Most of the time I see tucked, but I think they'd look alright if you preferred to cuff them above the boots. The first pair are Rothco which are cheaper, but the second half look more normal and are nike boots.

That's some real shiacore right there

Hell yeah boy. I dig shiacore, but idk if I can pull off the semi homeless look. Love the boots tho.

Go solovair rather than mie aircusionboot.com usually cheaper than Brit boot and mie

I got these a couple months ago, the leathers thick but so easy to break in wonderful boots

Hoping size 10 won't be too large, can leather change over time to better shape a foot (I know it stretches) but what about slightly smaller feet?

What about pic related ? A lot slimmer than most boots

Just wear thick socks user, then they're even comfier too

Then get them. They are cool.

Those are the Hawkins right? Heard good things about them (good sole/comfort), really like the colour, but never seen how they look when worn

Have some athletic, wool, and really thick wool socks, measured my foot now with athletic socks and according to their size chart it fits just right for size 10 (~28.5cm, chart says to add 7/8mm for room, so ~29.2cm)

anyone ID these?

another pic

I like Dr Martens For Life but the boots have just gone from £165 to £185 and the shoes £145 to £165.
They're taking the piss mate.

I think because they're expanding
I live in the Philippines and in a few months I've seen 3 or 4 stores carry them now.

Yeah Hawkins astronauts,